IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also a photographer. :) It is direct sunlight from the left, the same as it is in the images I picked showing baseball caps. My opinion is still def not a baseball type hat. I'm almost sure that would have been in the description if they were sure.

There is NO hat. LE's description is "blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket and a hoodie". Period end of story. If he were wearing a hat, they would have said so.

As a photographer, I can say that I can tell it's just the difference in lighting and the angle at which the sun is hitting the hat. Different times of the day will produce different effects. It just depends on where the sun is in the sky at that point in time. I CLEARLY see a hat. IMO

Ok tell the FBI to change their most wanted flyer.

Nothing important. The thread is a mess with inaccurate info being spread. It's unfortunate for these girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Completely agree. If we all focused on the evidence LE has released and worked together, it would be much more helpful. Instead people are focused on bickering over blurry shadows and things that won't help find the guy. Its really sad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Oh no! I was not offended, and was being a bit flippant (trying to instill a little humor, perhaps_-- I would not make a very good comedienne, apparently). I took no offense from anyone's description of what is the norm for any age group or area. We are known to call ourselves country bumpkims, country hicks, farmers, or whatnot. As long as it is said respectfully, it does it matter one whit to me. I just want to feel comfortable, whatever I wear.

You are good, friend. "therethere" I am sorry if I made you feel bad ... was far from my intention. Forgive?

No worries! Just wanted to make sure you knew my intentions are not malicious towards rural area folk! I'm one at heart.

Someone earlier stated that the suspect has black hair and facial hair. They indicated that it is not salt and pepper...but black.

I did not see black hair...I figured it was brown. Can someone please confirm that his hair is black and has facial hair....based on the photo??? I didn't see that.
The police haven't even released his hair color. I think that "someone" is wrong if they stated this as fact.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Living as I do in small town rural America, I just have to comment on the manner of dress. Every man from 20 on up wears clothes like this including camo-wear which is very popular. Reason? They tend livestock, string or mend barbed wire fences, clear brush, repair motors, cars, and machinery -- work that is tough on clothes. To dress any other way is considered elitist. Plus, most are beefy. They have large bellies, wear their jeans below the belly line and hence, the pants droop as they do on the suspect. They wear a long-tail shirt to hide the belly and their low-riding pants. When weather is cold, they wear a sweatshirt hoodie over the whole mess and add a baseball type cap, usually from a seed supplier, implement manufacturer, or sports team.

When I first saw the pictures of the suspect, I thought he looked like almost every man in my county.

This right here is why I defer to locals on this. My husband is 45 and if you saw him you might think he was much younger- because to me the guy in the photo is dressed like a 60 year old LOL.

That said I don't think my husband or I are trendy etc. we just dress differently than middle America. We have lived in Kansas City at one point...can't recall how guys dressed, but they was a few years back.

Let's just clear this one issue up.

NO ONE gets buried without a death certificate which gets filed in the public records office of the state department of vital statistics. The funeral director obtains a certified copy from the state and as a courtesy (an at a small fee for the paperwork) will provide the families with certified copies as well. The DC has the date of death.

The newspapers get a certified copy of the DC. They DO NOT publish obituaries or death notices without it, for obvious reasons.

We do not know why the obit DOD for one is 2/13 and the other 2/14 but you can be sure that the DC states the dates submitted by the coroner. This is not to say that the person typing the DC didn't commit a typo but LE would be all over the discrepancy and it would be cleared up through the coroner's office. This assumes that the newspaper didn't print a typo and these days it seems no one is very careful with what they send to print.

Perhaps someone should call Delphi LE and ask.

JMO
Catching up and just want to add my observations on the latest news.

It sounded like he may have had an accent in the audio recording of his voice. I almost thought an England accent.

Not totally sure although it sounded to me like a british accent .

I'm English and was shocked when I heard the voice recording as I also thought he had a very neutral accent, made me wonder if I couldn't pick up on any particular accent because he was also British? If that makes sense?
Could just be the sound quality, and probably doubtful but could this guy be foreign?

Longish post ahead.

Sorry for the length, but I am trying to be as helpful as possible during my work break. Thank goodness I am a fast typist, even though I only use two fingers. I look demonic when I get going. At least my co-workers get a laugh out of it.

Anyhow.....

Firstly, let's get his clothing squared away. The man is not wearing a hat. Per law enforcement, what we see is a hood from his hoodie. In one pic, it is covering his whole head. In the other, it appears to have shifted, leaving us some view of a shock/gathering of hair at the front.

There are no sunglasses.

They have not confirmed anything else on his being in terms of possible views of weapons, etc.

This is the link to Liberty's FBI page. Abby's is linked at the bottom where you click on her picture. The page offers many of the "facts," as well as the recording and pics. You can print out an informative, eye-catching poster on this page. The page also contains all tipline information, either by phone or email. Yes, you can email your tips! They are welcoming any and all, and you are guaranteed anonymity if you wish.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german

Other "solid" information that IMO does not need to be sleuthed:

Both girls were found deceased by volunteers on the same day, same time. Neither girl was alive when found.

LE has neither released the time, nor the way they were murdered. They are doing this for a reason. They need to keep control over information that may help them establish the legitimacy of suspects and tips. There are other reasons for their reticence, but that is the one reason that they have expressed.

We also do not know at this time if the girls were sexually assaulted.

In terms of why the dates of death are different ---

One family listed the date of death according to the day their daughter went missing.
The other family listed to date of death according to the day their daughter was found.

Whether this was a conscious choice or just the way a form was filled out, we have no way of knowing.

The first move LE made was to locate and interview every sex offender within in a certain range. I do not know this range, but I am thinking that their perimeters have increased as time as worn on without his identification.

They are awaiting toxicology results not because they believe that this murder bears any relation to drugs/alcohol, but because it is done in every case, bar none. It is part of the autopsy process. These results take a few weeks to come back.

In terms of DNA, LE has not confirmed if they have usable DNA. As far as I know. If they did find a possible source of DNA, it is run through a database to see if a match is in the system. If the person is not in the system already, then there is no way to pair it with a person. They keep the DNA, however, and eventually it may become very useful, indeed.

About WS:

<modsnip>

We are special here because we post up to date content, and share breaking news within minutes of release. We then begin sleuthing based on newly released information, with an eye cast back on what we already know to be true.

Oh - last thing before I *try* to get some work done today (How dare my job get in the way of the important stuff?), let's keep a positive attitude about law enforcement, whether local or federal. The press conference yesterday was special because it showed us the human side of men and women who we typically perceive to be "abrupt" and emotionless. Can you imagine how often LE is accused of doing nothing to solve a case? So many of these people give their lifeblood to find justice for those who are silenced by monsters. They see awful, horrible things that surely torments them night and day. Their families get the butt of this, too. Many members of law enforcement have PTSD, anxiety, and problems like the rest of us. They do the "dirty work" many of us cannot do. They all speak about cases that never leave their minds and hearts. I am sure Libby and Abby's murders will be *that case* for many.

Let's remain supportive. It's about these girls. I have a 12 year old niece, live in a small town, and am trying to convince her mother - my sister - that things like this happen in small, sleepy towns. Unfortunately, she doesn't get it; perhaps it's denial. She tells me that I am morbid, but I believe that I am just informed. What has happened to Libby and Abby has boosted some of our thinking about what we would do if attacked. Perhaps it has prompted us to speak to our children. Unfortunately, we have to be honest about strategies in case of attack.

Please, anyone - correct me if I have said anything that is not correct, or doesn't make sense.

New information may have broken while I have written this massive post.

Oh - and I hear people talking about the toll this is taking on them. Please don't let that happen. Take breaks for a day. It's OK. If I were - God forbid - murdered, not only would I be so grateful for all of the people putting in their time and caring, but I wouldn't want anyone getting sick over it. I am prone to nightmares, and have to watch myself, too.

Mainely

Small caliber pistols aren't all that loud and in a rural area, people wouldn't even look up from their lunch at hearing 2 shots from, say, a 9mm. All JMO.

I was wondering that, too, thank you! The only shots I've ever heard have been loud (to my ears.) I guess I was thinking if it was quiet in the area out in the country with no traffic noises that other hikers or neighbors might potentially hear the shots. I didn't get a hit man silencer vibe but less noisy guns didn't cross my mind. (Not a gun person. Always felt I wake up a little too grumpy to own firearms.)

Yea no LOL. Grandpa said something like "pinging around town". This was not at all factual and I suspect it was from find my iPhone- where the term "pinging" is completely inaccurate. (My opinion since nobody in LE has ever mentioned any phone pings)

As you know there is no link about her phone...no matter how many times we ask LOL

Exactly. I live in a suburb of a big city. There are some woods near me and horse farms.... I hear gunshots in the evening sometimes and think nothing of it. People just doing whatever on their property....

Sure, but I bet if you found out on the day of or the day after hearing the shots, you would be able to remember that.

I agree with you. And to me it seems he would have to be a local to be at this particular location. They've probably gotten a ton of tips but they need more evidence. That said, there has got to be a ton of his DNA at the scene, right? Head scratch.

I would think that rather than spook someone, LE would continue to look for information on the perp while they wait on forensic evidence to be processed.

SIGH. So we're to the point where there are WAY too many threads for newcomers to read and now rumors and misinformation begin. I think I need to bow out of this one like I did with Danielle Stislicki and just keep checking MSM for updates. Will somebody remember to PM me if something breaks?! Pretty please?

Also, I am REALLY struggling with whether or not I should call a person in on the tip. He'd be a person in Colorado but after I heard the voice and studied the pic, it could be the person I know. Sounds like a no-brainer I know, but I am not sure if my opinion of this person is making me go there or if it is a valid feeling. I think I might email LE with his name and just let it be done.

Yes please email them. They did say, even when you think it's nothing ... (or words to that effect).

And I totally understand how you are feeling about how these threads are developing currently. It's usually the moment when I step back too.

Where has LE EVER stated that they have recovered Libby's cell phone? They have repeatedly NOT said that, and have said only that they are using cell phone "records". Her information was retrieved through technology not the actual phone.

Delurking to post that the only place I have seen them say the video came from the actual phone is here:

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

"Additionally, investigators have released a voice recording, extracted from a video found on Liberty "Libby" German's cell phone, that may be connected to the homicides."

That's the only place I've seen it worded that way.

I had to take a short break. Is there anything in this thread that I need to go back and look at?

re: the "dad jeans" thing: around my part of suburban Boston, the younger guys don't wear jeans much at all, and if they do, they're slim-legged.

Not really, IMO you could review the first thread and consider yourself caught up.

Skinny Jeans maybe? They don't wear the really baggy ones that fall down? You should come a little more north, haha.

I am over 60. If I wore anything other than Wrangler "relaxed fit" my daughters would disown me. Yeah I am Bostonian but often look like BG.

MOO

Where has LE EVER stated that they have recovered Libby's cell phone? They have repeatedly NOT said that, and have said only that they are using cell phone "records". Her information was retrieved through technology not the actual phone.
I don't believe we can say that with any certainly. The fact is we just don't know in mho.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member