How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

• I think it is okay to have one without the family's blessings.

Votes: 283 56.4%
  • I think the family should have the final say in any memorial, formal or not.

Votes: 130 25.9%
  • I have no idea what to think.

Votes: 89 17.7%

• Total voters
I think when the A's are ready to admit that Caylee is gone, they will have a memorial for her and this will be done in their time.

I really believe that the A's are suffering and are in denial/mourning. This is really getting out of hand and like TM said, "it's turning into a circus".

Agreed.

Honestly... I can see why some are so torn about the idea of this memorial. I can't decide how I'd feel and I guess I'm on the fence.

A memorial is simply preserving the memory of a person or thing.

So...we all know this case has grabbed the attention of many people otherwise NONE of us would be here on this forum. On one hand I see nothing wrong if people want to celebrate the life of Caylee. Regardless who thinks Caylee is deceased or still alive, I'm trying to figure out why it would be wrong to celebrate the life of a little girl who's story has touched so many lives.

On the other hand I can understand the family being offended because there's no consent given. But again you are celebrating the life of a little girl and perserving her memory whether she comes home tomorrow knocking on the A's door or not. This little girl's memory deserves to live.

So this is why I am on the fence. I don't understand why this can't just be about Caylee. Forget about KC, forget about LP, forget about everyone else for a second.

What about Caylee?

It may be the only memorial Caylee ever has. I would definitely attend.

My oopinion only.

I totally agree. I'd be there, if I could.

Caylee deserves this, and the Anthonys will never give it to her.:mad:

I don't know what to think, in a way... but if we are going to wait on the Anthony's to set one up, I doubt a memorial would ever happen. At best, I think it should just be a vigil... so as not to step on toes and create anymore drama.

I wish I could take my yes vote back.

I agree... a VIGIL service is 100% acceptable by anyone who wants to hold one but it's too soon to hold a "memorial."

I agree that it should be a "Prayer Service", not a memorial service with nice things being said about Caylee and playing in the park. I really don't think a memorial service is proper at this time at least.

Sorry it is for CAYLEE, not for any of the lying A family.................IMO
if they want to play the game they can play all alone............we ALL KNOW that baby is DEAD!!! Are they searchin anywhere as a family? NOT they KNOW she is GONE! IMO

I totally agree. I'd be there, if I could.

Caylee deserves this, and the Anthonys will never give it to her.:mad:

agree the A family will never even give her a burial, unless they find her and they are shamed into it...........IMO

IF there is to be a memorial, it's certainly not LP's place to conduct it. His motivation is all wrong, it's not about Caylee, it's about him being in the spotlight.

Go home to California, LP. You're no longer needed in Florida. Actually, you never were.
:talker: Gee, Chilly, do you happen to have an opinion about this? :wave:

I agree, and it is the WRONG reason to have a memorial!! The Anthonys have not given up hope that Caylee is alive, and that is their right! It is in very poor taste, in my honest opinion, to throw something like this in their face at a time when they need support and understanding.

They can have all the hope they want, but they are the ones who first thought there was a dead body in the car, so I think their "hope" is delusional at best, a lie, most likely.

The only rights I care about are Caylee's, and it's her right to have a memorial, and be remembered.

The A's don't "own" Caylee. And since they will never have a memorial for her, I think other people who have come to love Caylee should. I would definitely attend.

I have thought about this - The courts need to step in here. Cindy and George swear the child is alive. Going on their assumption then the court needs to appoint a Guardian ad Litem for Caylee.

The Anthonys have NO LEGAL rights to Caylee, so they legally cannot speak for her in anyway.

I am writing the DA and ask they appoint a Guardian ad Litem for Caylee. A legal guardian is a person who has the legal authority (and the corresponding duty) to care for the personal and property interests of another person, called a ward. Usually, a person has the status of guardian because the ward is incapable of caring for his or her own interests due to infancy, incapacity, or disability.

They can have all the hope they want, but they are the ones who first thought there was a dead body in the car, so I think their "hope" is delusional at best, a lie, most likely.

The only rights I care about are Caylee's, and it's her right to have a memorial, and be remembered.

It may be the ONLY one she ever gets.

Her family dosen't care about her the way they should, so let other families memorialize her. That family is sick and they need a gag order asap.

I have thought about this - The courts need to step in here. Cindy and George swear the child is alive. Going on their assumption then the court needs to appoint a Guardian ad Litem for Caylee.

The Anthonys have NO LEGAL rights to Caylee, so they legally cannot speak for her in anyway.

I am writing the DA and ask they appoint a Guardian ad Litem for Caylee. A legal guardian is a person who has the legal authority (and the corresponding duty) to care for the personal and property interests of another person, called a ward. Usually, a person has the status of guardian because the ward is incapable of caring for his or her own interests due to infancy, incapacity, or disability.

???? As far as the DA is concerned, Caylee is in heaven....Casey has been charged with her murder. So I can't see what the point is in writing them.

The States Attorney doesn't have the authority to appoint a Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) in a criminal case. Neither does the Judge. This is a criminal case; People of the State of Florida v. Casey Marie Anthony. What you are talking about is a probate case and guardian of the estate of a minor child. That is about property rights. There is also a probate case regarding wardship; guardian of the person. One can be a guardian of a person and an estate. So, there is no GAL in a criminal case.

LP thinks the public needs some closure. For some of the public, a memorial service might help bring closure. Without a body, CA is unlikely to ever come to terms with Caylee being deceased. She could spend the next 30 years continuing to spew her opinion that Caylee is still alive. If that is the case, there won't be closure or a memorial service conducted by the family. LP is doing this not for the Anthonys, but for Caylee and the public who loves her.

Honestly... I can see why some are so torn about the idea of this memorial. I can't decide how I'd feel and I guess I'm on the fence.

A memorial is simply preserving the memory of a person or thing.

So...we all know this case has grabbed the attention of many people otherwise NONE of us would be here on this forum. On one hand I see nothing wrong if people want to celebrate the life of Caylee. Regardless who thinks Caylee is deceased or still alive, I'm trying to figure out why it would be wrong to celebrate the life of a little girl who's story has touched so many lives.

On the other hand I can understand the family being offended because there's no consent given. But again you are celebrating the life of a little girl and perserving her memory whether she comes home tomorrow knocking on the A's door or not. This little girl's memory deserves to live.

So this is why I am on the fence. I don't understand why this can't just be about Caylee. Forget about KC, forget about LP, forget about everyone else for a second.

What about Caylee?

A memorial service is for someone that is deceased though. A ceremony celebrating her life or a prayer vigil would be totally appropriate, held by anybody. As long as it is framed as a memorial it won't be just about Caylee, it will be about the Anthony's and their drama. When she is found/pronounced dead/death certificate issued or her mother is convicted I think you will see a dignified memorial service and not a media circus in the park. I would hope so at least.

I think it is the perfect time and place to hold a Memorial for Caylee. With the searches being called off and the real possibility that she will never be recovered, it is fitting that people who have poured their hearts and souls into finding her have a moment to say goodbye to her wherever she may be. They are invested and need to have an emotional release before they relinquish to the reality of her remains not being found especially after this weekend. It is the right thing to do for the right reasons. Caylee deserves to be remembered, loved, and mourned. She deserves rites to be observed to mark her death. It is the last thing people can do for Caylee now. The rest is up to the legal system.

The Anthony family will never acknowledge sweet Caylee in this way. People have to understand that Caylee deserves to be remembered. She may not ever have a proper burial. There won't be thousands of flowers or a pretty casket where she has been cast aside. There won't be music in her honor with her family standing by her side at her grave to weep for her. Caylee will be forever alone while her family forsakes her in an effort to save the very person who left her behind.

I would attend if I were in Florida. It would be an honor to be part of a group who thought enough of this child to give her some respect. She deserves so much more, but she will never be acknowledged if they don't do this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back