KlaasKids Searches Need Our Help With Food Donations For Sarah and Jacob Hoggle

I've been with the Klass folks all day yesterday and today, and I have heard this group mentioned so many times...Especially how wonderful Tricia is :)

Milano's is donating a case of water. I just spoke with the owner.

Adding my order to total of orders from this page:

WEBSLEUTHS ORDERED FROM DOMINOES @ 301-540-3388
13 Large Pizzas
6 Sandwiches
12 Liter Bottles of Pop

Zuri ORDERED FROM DOMINOES
13 Large Pizzas
6 Sandwiches
12 Liter Bottles of Pop

ILOKAL ORDERED FROM DOMINOES
15 pizzas
24 bottles of water

all4justice ORDERED FROM MILANOS 301-540-9191
6 pizzas
6 2-liter sodas
1 case water donated by Milanos

LinTX ORDERED FROM DOMINOES
20 sandwiches
48 bottles water
10 pizzas

Just a thought -

There's a local bagel place that opens early on Saturday and it's really close to the search center. They don't deliver but it may be worth calling in the morning to see if they'd be willing to donate anything for breakfast? Maybe for Sunday's search if tomorrow is too short notice.

Neal's Bagels
http://nealsbagels.com/contact_us.html

I think Safeway delivers and first orders are free just put the search address for address 1 and the name of the center on Address line 2. You can order cases water/snacks. $49.00 min.
http://shop.safeway.com/

You can select a convenient delivery window at any time while placing your order by clicking "Reserve a Delivery Window" from the left hand navigation or at the top of the page and then selecting an available window. TIP: It's wise to reserve your preferred delivery window after you sign in but before you start your order. The window will be held for two hours while you place your online order.

WE HAVE ENOUGH FOOD FOR SATURDAY'S SEARCH!!! FANTASTIC JOB!! THANK YOU

Tomorrow I'll check with the search center to see if they may have an idea of how many people might show up for Sunday.

Thank you for your generosity and kindness. It is truly a great feeling to know strangers will come together and help others in a situation like the upcoming search.

It's all about Sarah and Jacob. Let's hope The KlaasKids Search Team finds them somehow, somewhere, alive. Stranger things have happened.

Please check back on this thread if you can help us for Sunday's Search.

THANK YOU

Tricia

Thank you all!!!

The willingness and generosity of our members always warms my heart. :heartbeat: Sincerely.

You guys are the best! xo

That's a great site! I checked and they have several buy one get one Entemann bakery items available. That might be a good source for breakfast donuts, etc for tomorrow's search for early arrivals.

I think Safeway delivers and first orders are free just put the search address for address 1 and the name of the center on Address line 2. You can order cases water/snacks. $49.00 min.
http://shop.safeway.com/

You can select a convenient delivery window at any time while placing your order by clicking "Reserve a Delivery Window" from the left hand navigation or at the top of the page and then selecting an available window. TIP: It's wise to reserve your preferred delivery window after you sign in but before you start your order. The window will be held for two hours while you place your online order.

I sent the above post without the quote. Sorry for that. It's in response to socialbutterfly's post regarding online Safeway. They have several buy one get one Entemann's bakery products available. This might be a good source to deliver bottled water and donuts, etc for tomorrow's early arrival searchers.

PLEASE READ BELOW FOR INFORMATION ABOUT SUNDAY'S SEARCH FOR THE HOGGLE CHILDREN

Here is what happened with the search today, Saturday...

It's always difficult to try and estimate how many people will show up for a search. One way to estimate the number is to take into consideration how much media coverage your search receives.
You hope when you go into a community that people will respond to your please for help. Many times The KlaasKids Search Team has gone to a city/town and had so many searchers show up that the amount of food was not close to enough to feed everyone.

This was not one of those times.

The Hoggle search was going to get a great deal of media attention which is wonderful. The local news stations were all going to give the search heavy coverage. When the last news crew was wrapping up the pre-taped interview they (the news crew) received a call saying the first case of an American with Ebola was reported just a few miles away.

Guess which story led the news last night and guess which story got all the attention...Yep, Ebola. The search did get some coverage but Ebola is what is on people's minds now in Germantown.

Needless to say a very small number of people showed up today. I am certain had the Ebola story not happened we would have seen an entirely different situation.

To top things off in the end it wasn't Ebola the patient had it was malaria. The hospital didn't put out the information about malaria until late last night.
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/26699234/maryland-ebola-symptoms

Please do not think your food donations were wasted. Absolutely not. The left over food was donated to the local law enforcement agencies, homeless shelters, or other worthy agencies. Not sure who got what but food was not wasted.

I'll talk to someone from The KlaasKids Search Team and get a better feel of how tomorrow (Sunday) is looking. We may only need one or two people to donate a small amount to cover it all.

To dewey decimal, all4justice, KaylynnCouture, ILOKAL, Zuri, marylandmissing, LinTX, socialbutterfly, and everyone who helped out thank you very much. You have shown what can be done when an on-line community works together.

You have warmed my heart with your hard work and generosity.

Later tonight I'll be posting what we need for the search tomorrow so please keep checking back.

Thank you,
Tricia

Tomorrow morning will have a good estimate of how many searchers will need food

Please check here tomorrow (Sunday) morning around 10:30 AM Eastern, maybe even earlier, to see what we need

We usually don't do it this way because we need so much food. We can't leave it to just 90 minutes before lunch time to start finding members who can donate the food.

However, this is a bit of an unusual situation.

Thank you for your generosity. I hope everyone understands what happened today. We just can't plan for things (like Ebola) that affect the turnout.

Remember if you have a receipt you can use it as a tax deduction. Email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com and I'll put you in touch with KlaasKids.

Thank you,
Tricia

I knew this would happen. The Hoggle children are not getting the attention they need from the community. I don't understand why. I am local and volunteered as a search member at the last weekend search. I also passed on KlaasKids via a websleuther to a friend of the family. The first weekend of volunteer searches, the family had expected >1000 searchers, by 12pm on Saturday only 150 ppl had stopped by. The Charlottesville case has garnered a lot of the MSM attention, and yes, now ebola. I think about these children daily and slammed on my breaks on a major road two weeks ago when I saw a child I thought was Jacob. As I approached, I realized it was not. My heart aches for TT and his family. I will be there tomorrow afternoon. :( I only hope many more people can join this search :(

We do have a bit of good news. We need to have lunch TODAY, Sunday Oct 5th, for 40 People. 30 Searchers and 10 volunteers who are helping in the office.

How about we shoot for 15 Large pizzas and maybe a few sandwiches and bottles of pop. That will feed more than 40 but I'm sure there will be people who will eat more than 2 pieces of pizza.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO POST ON THIS THREAD YOUR ORDER SO WE CAN KEEP TRACK OF WHAT WE HAVE ARRIVING FOR LUNCH

Yesterday the left overs when to the Fire Department and the Police Department.

It is up to you who you want to call but Dominoes did do a great job yesterday and they have sandwiches too.

However post 3 and 4 from all4justice KaylynnCouture have many other places you can order from.

Domino's Pizza
Order online: http://www.dominos.com or call (301) 540-3388
(Notes: Has a lot of coupons available. Can also pre-order in advance online. Opens 11AM Saturday for orders)

The food needs to go to: The Germantown Community Center located at 18905 Kingsview road
Germantown Maryland
240-777-8095

We need to do this quickly so we can have lunch to the searchers by 12 noon Eastern.

Thank you for everything.

I ordered:

3 large pizzas

3 2-liter sodas

Pizza Hut

They should arrive in about 35 or 40 minutes.

i ordered:

3 large pizzas

3 2-liter sodas

pizza hut

they should arrive in about 35 or 40 minutes.

thank you all4justice. You are such a sweetheart.

All4justice ordered:

3 large pizzas

3 2-liter sodas

Websleuths Ordered:

4 large pizzas

2-2 liter sodas

TOTAL NOW ORDERED:

7 large pizzas

5 2-liter bottles of soda.

We need about 8 more pizzas and a few sandwiches.

It's already 11:30 Eastern so we need these as fast as possible..

Tricia

This is why I love websleuths so much. :grouphug:

I sent out an urgent tweet in the hope of getting more help. I don't know how else I can help being in the UK, and I'm totally broke until I get paid tomorrow. If I can help in any other way please let me know, I am very happy to if I can.

10 more pizza's order by "Anonymous" SO WE ARE ALL GOOD TO GO.

If someone wants to order a few sandwiches or if someone has already ordered that's ok because a few more people are showing up to search.

THANK YOU.

This is why I love websleuths so much. :grouphug:

I sent out an urgent tweet in the hope of getting more help. I don't know how else I can help being in the UK, and I'm totally broke until I get paid tomorrow. If I can help in any other way please let me know, I am very happy to if I can.

Skibaboo,

You have done plenty. Thank you very much for caring.

We at KlaasKIDS would like to give a heartfelt "Thanks" to all who helped feed the volunteers this past weekend. Your generosity is always overwhelming and we want you to know how appreciated it is. Again, thank you very much!
KlaasKIDS Search Center Team

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle