Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KateB

Reaction score
Jodi Arias Prosecutor, Defense Attorney Battle Again – In Books About the Infamous Case
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...gain-in-books-about-the-infamous-case-7820643

For more than 11 months, prosecutor Juan Martinez and defense attorney Kirk Nurmi clashed during the trials of convicted boyfriend murderer Jodi Arias.
Now the two lawyers are sparring once again in conflicting books about the case.
Martinez’s book,Conviction: The Untold Story of Putting Jodi Arias Behind Bars, is set to be published in January by William Morrow. And Nurmi self-published his,Trapped with Ms. Arias, this week on Amazon.

apparently. I honestly thought it was a joke, Part I of a three part series and it's 326 pages. I can only imagine how incredibly boring and repetitive it must be. Excellent that JM has one coming out though. I didn't know that. Yet another way for JM to outperform Nurmi.

Nurmi's tale appears to be self published by a program offered by Amazon. So, why is it not available for Kindle? Also, it's paperback, no hardcover option. I thought books came out in hardcover first.

Anyway, even if it is a legitimate offering, I have no interest in reading it. He had a horror for a client but his tactics in the courtroom did nothing to elevate him even half a notch above her, imo.

Amen to that Krkrjx. He is no better than her no matter what people say about him providing a good defense. He suborned perjury if you ask me. He knew she was lying and those letters were fakes, even had the wrong date on them. When the National Enquirer won't print them then you know they were fakes. That mother knew it too.

Direct to paperback is probably like movies that are direct to cable, low budget offerings where you don't even get what you pay for. lol

But why wouldn't it be offered on Kindle? That is the lowest cost option for publishing? I'm still skeptical about this book. Why would Amazon only offer a paperback edition of a book they are publishing?

I highly suspect the AG attorney Ahler just might be investigating jury tampering. No proof of it, but I am just putting my guess out there. Anyone else want to give their take on what is happening behind the scenes?

I was wondering about AVL as being the subject of the investigation. Something happened in that closed meeting in Judge JSS office, then the judge told her she had to come back on Tuesday of the next week and ALV tried to say she had a medical issue and would not be able to come and Stevens said "she didn't want to hear about her personal problems" That shocked me. So I am wondering if whatever that meeting was about, it was somehow criminal.

According to Nurmi's Twitter, Kindle format will be available next week. 😝

apparently. I honestly thought it was a joke, Part I of a three part series and it's 326 pages. I can only imagine how incredibly boring and repetitive it must be. Excellent that JM has one coming out though. I didn't know that. Yet another way for JM to outperform Nurmi.

Incredibly boring and repetitive is right! Remember how he would word his motions? And don't forget his direct and cross examinations with same questions over and over, with many pauses mid-sentence while he tried to stretch each proceeding out as long as possible. I can only imagine what information he could have imparted in a mere 326 pages. Yikes.

Oops. Not anymore...I moved over the stragglers from the previous thread. But you were for a while. :)

Darn it, I thought I had went bonkers. Oh well I will be happy to pass the crown off to BOYTWNMOM. :tantrum: LOL.

So, Nurmi has written a book--or is that a "book"? It's not enough for him that he made a pile of money in defending the little *#%*&#, but now he has to make a few bucks more by publishing a "book"?

I'm not surprised that it's a self-publication, however. I like to think that no reputable publishing house would want it. The term "vanity press" is pretty accurate after all.

So, Nurmi has written a book--or is that a "book"? It's not enough for him that he made a pile of money in defending the little *#%*&#, but now he has to make a few bucks more by publishing a "book"?

I'm not surprised that it's a self-publication, however. I like to think that no reputable publishing house would want it. The term "vanity press" is pretty accurate after all.

I can't believe anyone would buy it, especially @ that price for a paperback. If all 3 of the series are priced the same, the total is over $50! I would think he would be restricted in what he could say, and since I'm not interested in hearing about the travesty of the DP, or how evil JM hobbled their efforts to save JA's life I think I'll pass. We already know she's a PIA/, so nothing new to learn on that front either.

Saw a post on twitter where they used the Amazon/CreateSpace tool to estimate royalties per book. Says books are only printed after an order is received. If ordered on Amazon, his royalty is $5.43 per book. If ordered on CreateSpace it's $8.83.

I can't believe anyone would buy it, especially @ that price for a paperback. If all 3 of the series are priced the same, the total is over $50! I would think he would be restricted in what he could say, and since I'm not interested in hearing about the travesty of the DP, or how evil JM hobbled their efforts to save JA's life I think I'll pass. We already know she's a PIA/, so nothing new to learn on that front either.

Saw a post on twitter where they used the Amazon/CreateSpace tool to estimate royalties per book. Says books are only printed after an order is received. If ordered on Amazon, his royalty is $5.43 per book. If ordered on CreateSpace it's $8.83.

And if bought at the Goodwill (or not all) not a penny. OMMM.....

And if bought at the Goodwill (or not all) not a penny. OMMM.....

That's so debasing.. I like it. :happydance: I think I will wait for the killers review before I spend my hard earned $$$$ on BS. LMAO

Part 1 of a 3 part series...I'm expecting several runs of blank pages to properly convey pacing.

Part 1 of a 3 part series...I'm expecting several runs of blank pages to properly convey pacing.

And I'm expecting every chapter to begin with.."OK. Let's go back for a minute."

And I'm expecting every chapter to begin with.."OK. Let's go back for a minute."

I can see two reasons for him to write a book, to rehabilitate his reputation and to piss off Arias.

Either way, it will have so much spin he should just release it as a CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46