PayPal Donations for Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I am really dense when it comes to this stuff. I didn't even know I had a PayPal account. Checked anyways and I do. So do I log into my account and then go to pay or send money? Then enter the websleuths address?

Yep, that's exactly right. :great:

Thank you everyone for your generosity.

We are thisclose to the halfway mark.

You are the best!

Tricia
Oh Lordy...I THINK I finally got it done and I did something wrong because also got issued a Pay Pal credit card at 19.9% interest!! ....must have taken a left click at the wrong place. Oh well.

Oh Lordy...I THINK I finally got it done and I did something wrong because also got issued a Pay Pal credit card at 19.9% interest!! ....must have taken a left click at the wrong place. Oh well.

don't feel bad - my g'kids say i am "dangerous with a mouse"

Thanks everyone! :heartbeat:

We've collected enough to purchase this first set of discovery. :great:

Your generosity is appreciated by all!

NIN is going to pickup the docs tomorrow morning. Then she will have to scan them and upload them to our doc site. It's a BIG job so thanks in advance for your patience. We will post the PDFs and link to the doc storage asap.

I just found out abut this! I missed out so a big thank you everyone for donating. I will watch for the next time we need to get documents. I think this is a great idea!!! Thanks again everyone.

WE HAVE ENOUGH!!! DONATIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING TAKEN FOR THE DOCUMENTS !!! THANK YOU!!

Ok, I'll stop yelling. LOL

You are all so generous. Hopefully we will have enough now for several document dumps. It all depends on the size of the release of information but for now, we are looking good.

We collected $539.96 cents.

We were told this first set would cost around 8 hundred. Fortunately, the cost looks like it will be much lower than 8 hundred so we will have enough left over for future documents as they are released.

I'll keep a running tab on this thread but as of now, no need for donations. :)

Thank you for your generosity.

Tricia

Go, my fellow Sleuth's Go! We have A LOT of generous, kind people here. You guys knocked that goal out really fast.

I was ready to donate. I'll keep my eye on this thread to see when future donations are needed. With all that SO many do here, from Tricia to all the moderators to my fellow sleuths who are so truly unbelievable it is the least I can do.

Also, thank you very much NIN for volunteering your time to get us access to read the documents. Very kind of you.

Donated earlier in the day- I hope mine got through?

Sorry, I'm late for the party. I will donate later if it'll be needed again. This won't be the last document dump in the case, I'm sure.
Mods, is it possible to request a PM in case of more donations are needed for this? I will try to check this thread regularly, but one never knows.

Sorry, I'm late for the party. I will donate later if it'll be needed again. This won't be the last document dump in the case, I'm sure.
Mods, is it possible to request a PM in case of more donations are needed for this? I will try to check this thread regularly, but one never knows.

BBM

We will post a notice in the active threads as soon as we need to begin collecting again.

Thanks again everyone!

Update:
NIN has picked up the docs and is now beginning the process of scanning in all the pages. As soon as she is finished we will upload them and post the link for others so they can be viewed and downloaded.

Thank you so much NIN for doing the scanning! That in itself is time consuming. I hope like heck you have a batch feed scanner. I don't, and it is a real pain for me to scan a multipage document. Perhaps I will buy myself a new machine for Christmas, as a present to myself!

I was late to the party for donating, but will catch it next time.

Locking up.

Right now we appear to have enough funds left over to cover the next batch of docs. (Well, hopeful because, ultimately, that will depend upon the size of the doc dump.) Will reopen this thread and let you guys know when we are accepting contributions to the Websleuths Projects account again.

The good news is the SAO is working on the next set of docs to be released. :happydance:
No firm date yet but if the time estimate is anything like last time, it will probably be this week.

Right now we appear to have enough funds left over to cover the next batch of docs. (Well, hopeful because, ultimately, that will depend upon the size of the doc dump.)

And the not so good news is - I WAS hopeful we had plenty of cushion in the account to fully cover the estimated costs. The current balance in the Websleuths Projects account is $448. This must be one heck of a large doc dump because the estimate we received today is $1,000. So, we have a little less than half of what is projected we will need. I have been told that they (SAO) usually overestimate so, in the end, hopefully it won't cost us quite that much.

Per Tricia's direction we are now accepting contributions again.

Go to www.paypal.com and put in the email address websleuthsprojects@gmail.com

Note: you must have a PayPal account and, when posting your donation, the entire email address above must be entered. (just typing in "Websleuths" will not work)

This is not a non-profit donation. There are no tax benefits for donating.

We'd like to stress, if you cannot afford to donate then please do not donate. It's fine. Times are tough and we don't
want anyone putting themselves in a bad situation because they donated money they couldn't afford.

Thanks to everyone. You guys are the best! :loveyou:

The good news is the SAO is working on the next set of docs to be released. :happydance:
No firm date yet but if the time estimate is anything like last time, it will probably be this week.

And the not so good news is - I WAS hopeful we had plenty of cushion in the account to fully cover the estimated costs. The current balance in the Websleuths Projects account is $448. This must be one heck of a large doc dump because the estimate we received today is $1,000. So, we have a little less than half of what is projected we will need. I have been told that they (SAO) usually overestimate so, in the end, hopefully it won't cost us quite that much.

Note: you must have a PayPal account and, when posting your donation, the entire email address above must be entered. (just typing in "Websleuths" will not work)

We'd like to stress, if you cannot afford to donate then please do not donate. It's fine. Times are tough and we don't
want anyone putting themselves in a bad situation because they donated money they couldn't afford.

YAY!! 🙌

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Just sent...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Me too! Felt bad I missed the first one. You guys are the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam