48 Hours: Eleven Hundred Miles to Murder - 18 February 2017 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CBS

I was unable to watch until today. Good grief! After about 10 minutes I was done.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you Websleuth friends for posting so many fact based corrections and your disappointment at how 48 Hours pitched such a slanted version of events. I'm furious at how they characterized Dr. Sievers. In 4 years, I never heard her raise her voice in anger. She was strong willed and determined. She was successful and driven. She was also generous, empathetic, and loving. As for Mark - we all did more research than CBS. "Investigative Journalism"? They must have had an intern working on the show. Justice will prevail! Protect her legacy!!!

Since 48hours didn't report it, what would be the most damning evidence against MS?

Patrick (TS's Brother) commented on the 48 hour facebook page. He said they ( CBS) were originally going to show the faces of the girls on last night's episode.

This was a total disgrace to TS's character - Nobody should be hammered to death whether they scream at employees and/or husband. God Rest Her Soul!
I will never watch CBS again!

I wasted an hour of my time last nite watching this one sided crap fest, but my cursing was not wasted and spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Tweeted Erin Moriarty last night and asked why the 48 hours episode was biased in favor of MS. She stated "Because as reporters we believe in innocent until proven guilty. There has not been a trial. I want to raise every possibility."

Despite the bias, I noticed the majority who posted on Twitter believe Mark was behind his wife's murder.

I get that because there has not been a trial the show is being very careful about revealing evidence against Mark which makes sense ig they want to avoid lawsuits. But to disparage the victim?

I believe once MS and JR are convicted or after the trial all their dirty little secrets will be revealed in books, TV shows, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I saw your tweet and after she answered you I tweeted----- No I think reporters and your show believe in ratings

I saw your tweet and after she answered you I tweeted----- No I think reporters and your show believe in ratings

Oh wow, Indianwin, you rock.
Thank you for standing up and speaking the truth. Teresa, her girls and the rest of her family, friends & loved ones deserve justice & the truth.

We are not going to sit back and watch Teresa be slammed by one sided media & shows that dance around the truth for their own benefit.
How dare them.
ETA
I'm venting right now on my Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since 48hours didn't report it, what would be the most damning evidence against MS?

I think they inferred it, but I would say that his best friend from Missouri and his friend killed her. She employed CWW, so he really had no ax to grind and neither did JRR. Couple that with the text messages and wedding trip sans Teresa and the GPS evidence plus the life insurance policies.

That Erin Moriarity of 48 hours (or however you spell her name) is nothing but a :tantrum:biased reporter and goes against the integrity of Journalism no matter what she's covering. She's a divider and doesn't care about the "other side". On their website they claim "she's investigated the case of Teresa..yada yada yada". Apparently she didn't or did a real s#!tty job at it once again like she did on so many other one's she's so-called covered. I'd like to hear from Lipscome who I thought did a nice job tactfully trying to get the truth out there and what she knows was cut out. It doesn't take shotty reporters like 48 hours to figure out that when you have one of the men involved in a murder saying what went down along with a girlfriend of the other and their stories matching that the right men are being held accountable. I hope Teresa's family hits up 20/20 - REAL investigative journalists to finish the job this Erin didn't do.

Thank you and understand why you are asking considering the outrage expressed in this thread.

Actually, there has been so much incriminating discovery released that I believe we need to refresh our memories with the facts we have uncovered to date. If you will be patient just a little longer we will be generating a "list only" thread of the evidence that incriminates Mark, cumulatively speaking.

Thanks, beach, for the upcoming "list only", looking forward. I too was bored AND pissed at 48 Hours. To typical viewers watching the Sat night line-up from the 'once 3 major networks', I can see the enticing crime docu value for those who know nothing of this case. This was just a typical program done for ratings, typical 'tv marketing' in my opinion. I too wondered WHY so much cam time was spent on Sandra & Frank. Too bad Erin Moriarty didn't take the time to look at the facts.... like MS custody results along with his side of the family's limited contact with them. Thank goodness for Taylor Shoemaker's interview being shown!CBS 48 Hours won't be on my Watch List in the future---only happened to watch it the week before due to my husband tuning it in. But we did see part of the preview for this ill-fated airing of the Sievers case.

WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT? They have been brainwashed. Or just have no clue!!!

Erin F Moriarty
‏@EFMoriarty
[video=twitter;833664760021409794]https://twitter.com/EFMoriarty/status/833664760021409794[/video]More

Erin F Moriarty Tweet this morning:
We stand by our reporting..more than you know right now will come out at trial. #innocentuntilprovenguilty

I think, JMO, they probably got exclusive rights in regards to interviews after the trial. So from their (CBS) standpoint, they have nothing to loose by saying Mark is innocent until proven guilty . Pretty sure they filled (paternal side of the family ) CBS with bunch of hogwash regarding TS. I am still mad they made her (TS) look bad. TS did not deserve to suffer like this

WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT? They have been brainwashed. Or just have no clue!!!

Erin F Moriarty
‏@EFMoriarty
[video=twitter;833664760021409794]https://twitter.com/EFMoriarty/status/833664760021409794[/video]More

Erin F Moriarty Tweet this morning:
We stand by our reporting..more than you know right now will come out at trial. #innocentuntilprovenguilty

Makes me wonder what "evidence" has been shared with them via Mummert that is "more than we know". I look forward to trial. I keep having to remind myself when I get angry about the obvious spin of the episode that they only heard the MS side. Nobody who is a material witness could or would participate lest they jeopardize the case so what was left was a very few MS cheerleaders, the defense, and a couple who had previous issues with both MS and TS and were unfortunately looked at as potential perps early on. I am sure that was very confusing, upsetting, and hurtful to them. Editing is a "b". What we ended up with was uneven coverage.

That's fine, the proof will be in the conviction. JMO.

Thank you to all of the Websleuths members who have stayed on top of this case and worked to be a voice for Teresa over the past few days! Please keep up the good work! Every comment and question matters! We know that the defense has obvious media connections. Don't let them spin a "get out of jail free" card. Thank you!

That 48 hour show means nothing--The trial is what counts----Erin Moroniarty is on to her next gig----she probably spent 15 hours on research for that crap.
The trial is what counts and, the prosecution has a wall of evidence I'm sure.

They are OBLIGATED to report FACTS ONLY, not push their "beliefs" on the public. When she gets a show with her name as the show's name, then she can give her opinions, but until then, it's FACTS ONLY.

I guess 48 Hours is only entertainment after all. Slanted, not truthful. Sad :(

All praise to you debbiegarcia, for getting a response! :loveyou:

I Tweeted Erin Moriarty last night and asked why the 48 hours episode was biased in favor of MS. She stated "Because as reporters we believe in innocent until proven guilty. There has not been a trial. I want to raise every possibility."

Despite the bias, I noticed the majority who posted on Twitter believe Mark was behind his wife's murder.

I get that because there has not been a trial the show is being very careful about revealing evidence against Mark which makes sense ig they want to avoid lawsuits. But to disparage the victim?

I believe once MS and JR are convicted or after the trial all their dirty little secrets will be revealed in books, TV shows, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexandercombes
Back