OK - Professional Photographer Jailed On Child *advertiser censored* Charges

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
These cases really get me. Rich Wooton is a professional photographer. He's from Minnesota.

Wooton has been staying with his DD and SIL and grandson in Oklahoma. Someone dimed him out he had child *advertiser censored*. LE said they found some suspicious things on the computer and CD Rom things.

Lesley Bezecny the DD feels terrible she can't help her dad. He was accused of something like this several years ago and was cleared.

Hmmmmmmm I wonder what that was about. Little odd this goes down when he's visiting the relatives too.

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_...ille-arrested-for-child-*advertiser censored*

Uh-Oh I just looked him up. He has a website called "Models-1" It says the site can harm your computer.

WTH? What's up with that? I'm not linking it because who knows what the harm would be? Strange indeed.

I don't like his Myspace. Not much content. Names his Models-1 agency.

Especially I don't like his default photograph. You're a photographer and that's your default picture? Whose child is that?

http://www.myspace.com/427595135

This just seems off to me - doesn't feel like your standard child-*advertiser censored* bust...but then again it might just be that I'm leery of busts of pro-photo guys from past cases of LE getting carried away and charging for truly innocent pics (not that I blame them really, it's their job to view things with suspicion). Guess I'll just wait to see what comes out in court.

As far as the myspace goes, I've seen tons of 'proud grandparent' (his grandson is mentioned in what was posted, so I'd assume that's who the child is) pics just like that on ms and fb, and the page isn't set up for his business - the rest of the pics are mostly just of him, casual pics, with only one friend - so I don't really see any problem with it.

Just MOO as ever.

Go check out the MS page again. The second photo. That infant does NOT have a diaper on. There's been some touching up of that photo for MS, I think. It looks to me that the child is unclothed and Mr. Child *advertiser censored* is covering the child's genitals with his hand. He's added a bit of white to give the impression of a diaper but there's no diaper on the child's hip. NOT OK!!!

The only way it seems natural to even have a photo of a child who's even just in a diaper, IMO, is when they are really tiny and/or the family's at the pool or the lake or the day is obviously hot. And, the grandfathers I know would surely NOT use a photo like that for their default.

I'm still convinced that even seemingly decent looking MS pages have some sort of secret code or alert on them to let other with similar interests know that they've hit pay dirt.

Shame.

It didn't say the site could harm my computer, Filly. Maybe my computer has been around the block more than yours and has spent so much time on the smarmier side of the street that it just figures, what's one more?

Anyway, here's the link to the "about Rick" page:

http://www.models-1.com/aboutrick.html

As usual, he's lived all over. YIKES.

"...He has been training and photographing new models and actors for 40 years, and scouts for over 100 of the worlds biggest model and talent agencies. His work has been seen in hundreds of magazines all over the world, and featured on dozens of web sites. He is considered one of the foremost experts in developing new model talent...."

Forty years. And what in heckola does his motto mean?

"Hold on to treasured memories
Even one-sided memories are
priceless and can last a lifetime."

Now, I get the warning. If you try to open the section called "Getting Started in Modeling" by Karl Yuneli and Rick Wooten, I'm warned.

But what if I want to read about modeling? What could be wrong with that? Says they also offer seminars. Where?

"SEMINARS - For years Rick has been a featured speaker at seminars across the country, and also continues to occasionally host his own "Getting Started In Modeling" seminars. To book Rick to speak at your next seminar, CONTACT US!"

I am having no problem navigating the site. Nor do I see anything fishy.

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/sto...sored*-Charges-In/dMB8ubQvgkeZhanzwHMfew.cspx

"There were some questionable photos and it wsa clearly child *advertiser censored* and those were the counts we booked him on," Lt. Boggs said.

Lt. Boggs stated investigators found four media devices with images of child *advertiser censored*.

Wooton was taken into custody Friday morning.

"I don't know if he was surfing the web and pop-ups came up it could be anything, I've never known my Dad to be anything but a sweetheart to people," Bezecny said.

I've run into this before and this is EXACTLY what caused me to have to call the High Tech Crimes Unit a couple weeks ago. Just now, I googled the following:

fergus falls minnesota poster photo by rick wooton

as there is a poster on Wooton's MS page with that title. Fergus Falls also comes up as place he's lived. But google the above and look at the first several things that come up. The "US Air Force" site in interesting. Sounds innocent enough. Right? Looks good. I guarantee you that if you click any of the categories which look to be in Russian, that you will be led through a portal. But notice that there's a great looking photo of a jet and some clipped info about bombers. Odd that the narrative would be in English but the categories and link buttons all in Russian.

The site that got me 2 weeks ago was found during a search for a suspicious poster on a sex site. When I googled his screen name, a site about vintage knitting patterns came up. Hey, I'm a knitter so I clicked it. It took me to a seemingly legitimate site for knitting patterns but when I clicked "Free vintage knitting pattern" that is most definitely NOT what I got.

The child *advertiser censored* traders and sellers are so many miles ahead of the rest of us. The pleasant tech officer who I spoke to said that child *advertiser censored* traders set up fake sites and also "park" on legitimate sites. Anybody remember the thread I started a couple months ago about an Irish clothing boutique which was unknowingly hosting child *advertiser censored* trading?

Some of the things to watch for are how many "albums" there are or how many "views". It's just a little bit shocking to think that there's really 31,000 crazy knitters out here like me who love vintage patterns. I guess, in reality, that would be far better than the real alternative. I have no doubt that this is true for lots of hobbies. I've wondered if the traders choose hobbies that have used the word "*advertiser censored*". I've seen knitters do it as well as fishing enthusiasts. If anyone is interested, a well known sporting goods/fishing company has forums linked to it which are highly questionable. I reported that also. Maybe that's how the bad guys get under the wire.

Do we have anyone on board who can speak to this?

As a professional photographer myself, I would have to see the images in order to determine whether they are questionable or not.

As an artist, I think it's very sad, and almost disgusting that some people would consider a cute little naked baby child *advertiser censored*. I have clients that request this all the time, and I photograph a lot of "naked babies". Personally, I draw the line at babies older than one year, but I have several parents who like images of their little girls in big frilly petti skirts with no shirt on...even 2-3 year olds. I think it's a shame that our society has taken away this innocence because of the sickos out there.

In looking at the photo on the myspace account...the image definitely HAS NOT been photoshopped. As a professional, to photoshop something like that would be INCREDIBLY difficult. The baby has a diaper on.

I fail to understand why any parent would want a picture of a 2-3 year-old child with a big frilly skirt on, but no shirt. Why a bottom and no top? I'm sorry buy I find that very inappropriate and very questionable.

I fail to understand why any parent would want a picture of a 2-3 year-old child with a big frilly skirt on, but no shirt. Why a bottom and no top? I'm sorry buy I find that very inappropriate and very questionable.

Because some people don't find anything wrong with that. Why is it inappropriate? I don't look at a 2yo with no shirt on and think anything even remotely sexual, and I think it's quite sad in this day and age that we have to be concerned that some people do.

This was the type of image I was referring to. NO, it's not mine, but frankly I don't see anything wrong with it.

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/ed/e/AAAAAn_kLjAAAAAAAO3skQ.jpg?v=1207846435000

Now looking at his website, it doesn't appear that he photographed babies or kids, only models. So, I'm guessing that it was images of under aged girls posed nude or suggestively, which yes, is obviously disturbing.

Because some people don't find anything wrong with that. Why is it inappropriate? I don't look at a 2yo with no shirt on and think anything even remotely sexual, and I think it's quite sad in this day and age that we have to be concerned that some people do.

This was the type of image I was referring to. NO, it's not mine, but frankly I don't see anything wrong with it.

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/ed/e/AAAAAn_kLjAAAAAAAO3skQ.jpg?v=1207846435000

Now looking at his website, it doesn't appear that he photographed babies or kids, only models. So, I'm guessing that it was images of under aged girls posed nude or suggestively, which yes, is obviously disturbing.

Admittedly, that is a very cute picture. I don't find anything remotely sexual about it either. Unfortunately, there are many pervs that would. It is sad that it has come to this, but it has. Especially when they are put on the internet. Innocent to us or not, it will now be downloaded by every perv that can get a hold of it. It is up to us to protect our children. Putting naked pictures of them on the internet for all to see is not protecting, it is essentially exploiting them. Once a picture is on the internet, there is no way to control who has it or what they do with it. Do you want some perv getting off looking at a half-naked picture of your child? I don't.

But what if I want to read about modeling? What could be wrong with that? Says they also offer seminars. Where?

Yeah why can't we read about being models? We just may want to do a "Ladies Of Websleuths" calandar. Where are these seminars is right? We need direction so we get our best sides dag nabit.

Missizzy you are priceless. :blowkiss: I didn't even read the entire thread. I came to this post and cracked up while eating a piece of peach cake.

I know. I know it is not funny. Who knows what's up about this guy. IMO he's a lil funky. However, Izzy the way you stated that just got to me.

Admittedly, that is a very cute picture. I don't find anything remotely sexual about it either. Unfortunately, there are many pervs that would. It is sad that it has come to this, but it has. Especially when they are put on the internet. Innocent to us or not, it will now be downloaded by every perv that can get a hold of it. It is up to us to protect our children. Putting naked pictures of them on the internet for all to see is not protecting, it is essentially exploiting them. Once a picture is on the internet, there is no way to control who has it or what they do with it. Do you want some perv getting off looking at a half-naked picture of your child? I don't.

That is an extremely good point, Belinda. I'm sorry if I started up the great debate akin to the kid in the suitcase. Heck, I didn't even like the child in the suitcase clothed. It made me feel closed in or something.

Anyway, again nudity is not sexual. We all agree on that? Raise your hand. Especially when it comes to children. But as Belinda pointed out we have the most unfortunate experience from looking at all these child *advertiser censored* cases that yeaaaaaaaaaah it is sexual to the multitude of freaks out in this world.

As for this guy? Say I just came across his Myspace without knowing he'd been arrested? I'd still get a hinky feeling. Then again it may come from my own upbringing that you have to put a dang shirt on your kid and don't be having them traipsing around in a diaper. In my upbringing and y'all know how hoity I am that screams "white trash". I despise the term. I don't think just because a child is only clad in a diaper they are being raised wrong. I heard it my whole life from three generations.

Phew. TMI, right? So, perhaps it was just me and my wonderful child rearing that gave me the hinky meter? Plus I figured if one is a professional photographer and I worked for one for many years they'd be certain their "public image" was tasteful. As in "Here's my Myspace and look how cute my grandbaby is in her fancy schmansy tutu" or something like that.

Meanwhile the verdict is out and Izzy if the major crimes force is banging on your door cause you went to that link grab the carafe before you go.

I try so hard to cover my bunnies. I called a friend who's a detective and he directed me to the correct officer. I now have an email address to forward "unusual" mail to. I've often wondered if LE is happy or ticked that we dig into this stuff.
And wouldn't you know that the morning after the free vintage knitting pattern debacle, I received a spam email offering me "Opa's Free Knitting Patterns". Doesn't Opa mean "grandfather" in several languages? I just forwarded it on as I had no need for any grandfatherly knitting.

BTW, I laughed so hard about the "Ladies of Websleuths" calendar that I snorted granola out my nose. Thanks a lot, Filly. And then my wheels started turning. Wouldn't it be fun to do a calendar and a movie and donate every penny to child sex abuse victims? I think you might have started something big, Filly.......

See, some people DO need the seminar.

I try so hard to cover my bunnies. I called a friend who's a detective and he directed me to the correct officer. I now have an email address to forward "unusual" mail to. I've often wondered if LE is happy or ticked that we dig into this stuff.
And wouldn't you know that the morning after the free vintage knitting pattern debacle, I received a spam email offering me "Opa's Free Knitting Patterns". Doesn't Opa mean "grandfather" in several languages? I just forwarded it on as I had no need for any grandfatherly knitting.

BTW, I laughed so hard about the "Ladies of Websleuths" calendar that I snorted granola out my nose. Thanks a lot, Filly. And then my wheels started turning. Wouldn't it be fun to do a calendar and a movie and donate every penny to child sex abuse victims? I think you might have started something big, Filly.......

See, some people DO need the seminar.

Only you MissIzzy with the vintage knitting pattern. O/T but might it be "The Pineapple" stitch?

Opa does mean grandpop in German. Our kids called my own grandpop Opa only my DD confused it with "Old Pop" and well he was older than my dad so there ya go. All the kids wound up calling him "Old Pop".

In Greek isn't Opa like a salute sort of thing like ya yell "Opa, Opa" and celebrate? Filly vaguely recalling an Oozo (sic) fueled date dancing and breaking dishes.:innocent:

Meanwhile that is great you have some good folks on your side, Izzy. Especially a Detective who can guide you about this stuff.

Calendar girls are we. Hey it is an idea.:dance:It would go to a good cause. You know millions would purchase it. What do you want to be doing in it? Holding a carafe? I'll pose with this outstanding peach cake I am eating presently.

Anyone else in?

TOTALLY IN!!! Me--I'd be propped up in bed covered in puppies holding up that glass of wine with my little laptop perched on my knee.

Come on Belinda, don't be a spoilsport. LOL I know that Lovejac and Texas Mist are just longing to do this!!

Trisha......can we?

Okay, I'll sacrifice my daughter. She can be in it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back