Dying Girl, 7, Taunted by Neighbors in Trenton UPDATE: RIP, Kathleen:(

These people are sick and Child Protective Services needs to step in and take a hard look at Jennifer Petkov’s 2 daughters. Because I think they need to be saved from these parents. If they are that brazen in public only God knows how they are behind closed doors.

I heard about this last night on NG I think, might have been JVM.

Some people are just pigs. Straight up nasty despicable behavior IMHO.

There have been people that behave like that since the dawn of time. Ugh.

Unfortunately, now with the age of the internet they can show their @sses in finer detail and much more often.

Nasty pieces of work, is all I have to say JMHO

I just can not believe this.
How can anyone be so nasty and vicious?

I really am baffled abd depressed by this.

I saw this on the news this morning and I was shocked. How can a parent with kids of her own even think to do such a thing? What is she teaching her own kids? Her husband needs to leave her and take the kids with him when he goes. I would hate for this woman to be in my family. I hope she is arrested and charged with something. She is disgusting. All of this because the family did not respond quick enough when she asked if her kids could come play at the birthday party? Obviously there was a reason her kids were not invited - HER!

I saw this on the news this morning and I was shocked. How can a parent with kids of her own even think to do such a thing? What is she teaching her own kids? Her husband needs to leave her and take the kids with him when he goes. I would hate for this woman to be in my family. I hope she is arrested and charged with something. She is disgusting. All of this because the family did not respond quick enough when she asked if her kids could come play at the birthday party? Obviously there was a reason her kids were not invited - HER!

I just saw this and it has really bothered me. I mean bothered me so much that I cried about it.
How can anyone be so hate filled?
She does not deserve to be included in the human race.
Why doesn't someone who knows her tell her to shut up?
Do people REALLY support her attitude?

I can't even begin to imagine how her mind works.
And her poor kids, OMG.

I didn't know if I should put this here or in the bullying thread. So if it would be best there please move it for me?

A couple who are parents themselves, harass and degrades a family with a dying 7 year old girl. Along with her dead mother before and after her death.

First here is the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWuYw7FCVsI

Here is the article that goes with that video.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/the_edge/dying-girl-taunted-by-neighbors-in-trenton

This has so much of the internet raging that groups joined together and went after these people. Egging their house, calling their jobs and sending pizzas. Here is just one article about one of the groups..

http://www.urlesque.com/2010/10/08/4chan-hunts-down-detroit-couple-taunting-dying-girl/

Because of this the couple decided to make an apology video. Of course this apology isn't really for the little girl but to try and keep the public from attacking them.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/apology-for-taunting-dying-little-girl

It hasn't stopped however...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jennifer-Lynn-Petkov-Burnett-is-Downriver-Trash/154072637966872

And most importantly a support group for the child. There is going to be a vigil on the child's street.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123801807673623

Watching the video, this woman is very belligerent to say the least.
She is a vile, bitter, mean-spirited woman.
She clearly exudes the ugliness within...

If she has children I hope Department of Child Services opens an investigation.
:twocents:

:banghead:

Prayers to Kathleen and her family. Prayers to the children of the Petkov's. Never have I seen such hateful parents. How dare they think they could treat this family this way.

Mrs. Petkov, you certainly are the devil. One that will likely never live this down. If for just one moment you had thought of what you were doing to the children you might not be in the spot you are now. No sympathy from me for you. Only your children who had no choice but to be thrown into this storm you created.

BBM
Same here.

Petkov’s husband, Scott, 30, explained Friday that his wife’s “brutal honesty” has caused his family to “not get along with a lot of people.”

Scott Petkov said the fallout of the Sept. 30 photo postings on a Facebook page his wife created in retaliation resulted Friday in his suspension with pay from his job as a forklift repairman in Warren. He said his employer is considering firing him. The eldest of the Petkovs’ four children was sent home from school after getting into an argument with a classmate who confronted him about the Internet photos, said the couple.

“My husband is a good person and I hope he doesn’t lose his job. I hope our family doesn’t lose his job. I’m the bad person,” Jennifer Petkov said Friday. “I feel horrible for what I’ve said and done. That little girl shouldn’t have had to lose her mom like that and she shouldn’t have to lose her life either. I just hope she didn’t see those pictures.”

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/2010...-apologizes-for-Facebook-taunts#ixzz11sf2mM19

This woman has ruined many lives.

Unfortunately, their children are now victims of the backlash, and dad may be losing his job.

Link to her apology...

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/Trenton-Woman-Who-Taunted-Dying-Girl-Now-Offers-Apology

I have sympathy for her children..but I still have NO sympathy for her or her husband.
There are consequences in life for unacceptable behaviour...

KARMA.jpg

Not buying her apology at all-she is just a sick and twisted bully who is upset cause now her family may suffer the consequences of her and her husbands stupid and cruel actions!!:snooty:

I totally agree essies.

NASTY nasty nasty- this is a new low, I have never heard of such wickedness, what WAS she thinking:furious::furious::furious:

bbm
How to further torment a family dealing with illness and death.
Up next on the list...innocent, sick, dying 7 year old...

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/kathleen-edward-taunting-new-apology-20101013-wpms

Kathleen Edward Taunting: New Apology
TRENTON, Mich. - There has been an outpouring of sympathy and support for a dying girl from Trenton. We first told you about little Kathleen Edward last week when she was being taunted by her neighbors. Now, there's been another apology.

"We've been sorry since it happened. We're sorry," said Scott Petkov. ( original report, click here )

Wednesday, he tried to apologize to his neighbor across the street without violating the personal protection order against him. That neighbor is Rebecca Rose, the grandmother of seven-year-old Kathleen Edward, who's dying from Huntington's disease. Last week FOX 2 showed you the pictures Scott's wife Jennifer had doctored and posted on Facebook of Kathleen as a skull and crossbones and of her dead mother, also a Huntington's victim, in the arms of the grim reaper.

(snip)

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/kathleen-edward-taunting-new-apology-20101013-wpms

Kathleen Edward Taunting: New Apology
TRENTON, Mich. - There has been an outpouring of sympathy and support for a dying girl from Trenton. We first told you about little Kathleen Edward last week when she was being taunted by her neighbors. Now, there's been another apology.

"We've been sorry since it happened. We're sorry," said Scott Petkov. ( original report, click here )

Wednesday, he tried to apologize to his neighbor across the street without violating the personal protection order against him. That neighbor is Rebecca Rose, the grandmother of seven-year-old Kathleen Edward, who's dying from Huntington's disease. Last week FOX 2 showed you the pictures Scott's wife Jennifer had doctored and posted on Facebook of Kathleen as a skull and crossbones and of her dead mother, also a Huntington's victim, in the arms of the grim reaper.

(snip)

Too little, too late.

I thought I would post their phone # and address encase anyone would like to send them well wishes.They don't answer the phone so I sent them a note.734-479-0776
167 Detroit st
Trenton.MI 48183
show your love !

I heard about this last night on NG I think, might have been JVM.

Some people are just pigs. Straight up nasty despicable behavior IMHO.

There have been people that behave like that since the dawn of time. Ugh.

Unfortunately, now with the age of the internet they can show their @sses in finer detail and much more often.
Nasty pieces of work, is all I have to say JMHO

I agree, show their *sses is a very apt description.

I am so appalled by this story, by these cruel people. I have a 24-year-old daughter and a 7 month-old grandson. All I can say is if the Petkovs were harassing them in that way under those circumstances, the Petkovs wouldn't have to worry and fret very long about death threats.

Because I would make them a reality and end it right there.

These people are sick and Child Protective Services needs to step in and take a hard look at Jennifer Petkov’s 2 daughters. Because I think they need to be saved from these parents. If they are that brazen in public only God knows how they are behind closed doors.

What I find truly amazing is that it was supposedly an imagined slight involving her daughters that caused Jennifer to begin this whole nasty campaign in the first place. She called Grandma's house to essentially invite her kids over to use the bounce house they'd rented for a party, and when the Roses didn't respond quickly enough to her request, Petkov decided she'd get even!

Some FINE example you're setting there for your children, hon. She and her hubby are cowardly piles of garbage.

Huntington's is an inherited disease which means it passes down from generation to generation, and the child of an affected person has a 50 % chance of developing it. So grandfather passed it onto the mother and then mother passed it onto the child. Also each subsequent generation with this disease tends to get it at a younger age which is what looks to be happening here.

It has taken 3 generations of my sons dad's family. He refuses to be tested right now.

http://detnews.com/article/20101015/METRO01/10150389/1408/local
Taunted Trenton girl goes on toy spree
Kathleen gets $2,000 in toys; rest of funds raised to be donated
George Hunter, Doug Guthrie and Catherine Jun / The Detroit News

Trenton — Kathleen Edward got the royal treatment Thursday, while prosecutors pored over police reports about the couple who allegedly taunted the 7-year-old about her terminal illness.

The couple, Scott and Jennifer Petkov, said they also received notice Thursday that the incident had cost Scott Petkov his job.

"The public got what it wanted," said Jennifer Petkov, who has been vilified on Internet social networking sites as the "Devil of Detroit Street."

"What I did was childish. If you hate me, fine. But please don't hate my family," she said Thursday.

"All this energy toward us should be redirected toward fulfilling that little girl's life."

Kathleen, who is dying from Huntington's disease, was allegedly harassed by the Petkovs, family and neighbors have said.

On Thursday, Kathleen spent the morning on a shopping spree at Tree Town Toys in Ann Arbor, courtesy of donors responding to the dispute.

The girl, who is in the late stages of the disease and shows signs of deterioration, walked gingerly through red velvet ropes, past a three-tiered fondant cake, under a "Welcome Kathleen" sign, and down the aisles, hugging stuffed dogs and pandas to her chest.
(snip)

"Because of my ignorance people around the world are now more aware of Huntington's disease," Jennifer Petkov said.

Petkov said posting images on her Facebook page was the result of her jealousy over the outpouring of sympathy and aid to Kathleen's mother, and continued with discovery that the girl was also dying from the disorder.

"At the time I was mad because I felt the community was out to get me," Petkov said, adding that conflicts escalated as her family struggled with her husband out of work.
From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101015/METRO01/10150389/1408/local#ixzz12SVrABtC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------bbm
This woman is truly a CLASSLESS, narcissistic, and unrepentant member of the human species.
She turns it all around to her..See what I did...
The only thing i truly believe she is sorry for is that her husband has lost his job...she should have thought of the consequences to her vengeful behavior.

And a Happy Note, I hope Kathleen and her family enjoyed her toy shopping spree today..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back