CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Westminster PD 4:38pm October 18, 2012

In an attempt to uncover any lead that may help identify the individual responsible for the abduction and subsequent murder of Jessica Ridgeway; authorities are asking the community to try and remember anything that was suspicious or out of place near the Ketner Lake Open Space during the Memorial Day holiday weekend. Due to the time frame and geographic proximity of Jessica’s disappearance and the attempted abduction near the Ketner Lake Open Space, police are trying to determine if there is any connection between the two cases. The suspect from the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake on May 28, 2012 was described as follows:

• Light skinned male • 18 – 30’s (or someone who’s appearance with a ball cap may look that age) • Brown hair • Medium build • 5’06” to 5’08” (Height can vary above or below these approximations)

Westminster police and assisting law enforcement agencies have been unable to associate any vehicle in either of these incidents. Several metro area law enforcement jurisdictions are working other cases of attempted abductions and various vehicle or suspect descriptions have been provided. In regards to Westminster’s cases, we only have the above description to provide.

Working with the FBI and the Behavioral Analysis Unit we are asking the public to call us if anyone around you changed their behavior, acted unusual, failed to show up for a family activity or other change that was unusual. We are specifically looking for these behavior changes on October 5, 2012 and days after Jessica’s disappearance and the Memorial Day weekend.

Tips can be given to the Westminster Police Department tip center by calling 303-658-4336 or by sending an email to: PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us
Memorial Day Weekend 2012

Saturday May 26; Sunday May 27; Monday May 28

-------------------

My bold above.

You are the one who isn't crazy. It's the people who are in denial of what has been going on for years who need to apologize to those of us who have been victims, known victims, empathize with victims, have been aware for a very long time and trying to help only to get revictimized and called crazy or obsessive.

Thank you for your vigilance and caring about children.

Thank you so much for your kind words.((((Hugs))))

Do you guys know of a site that allows for one to run a free license plate check? I googled, but am not afraid to click and get a computer virus, so thought I'd ask if there's a site you guys have experience using. Thank you.

No such site exists.

True. I have seen cars that crap out trying to make it up the grade uphill. I still lean towards the theory he wanted the partial body to be found. But of course all just my own speculation.

izzyblizzy, due to the dismemberment, size & weight of the torso, the location which is frequented by people, as opposed to the many places the body could have been disposed of, never to be found. Imo, the remains were meant to be located, meant to taunt, while terrorizing the community..
Psychopaths have a reason for everything they say and everything they do...

Anatomy Segment Weight
Mean Segment Weights

http://www.exrx.net/Kinesiology/Segments.html

According to our info from the photo, imo, the remains would have weighed less than 40lbs.

I don't think they have told us at all what was in the backpack. But I agree, I think I was *much* clearer on actual facts before I started following this case here. Now I sometimes wonder to myself "did I read this here, see it on tv, or hear it on a press conference?"

Agreed. Whatever was in the backpack seemed to reinforce to the LE that this was no parental abduction. The parents were ruled out it seems shortly thereafter. But I do recall an active search to find her alive after finding the bag.

Westminster PD 4:38pm October 18, 2012

In an attempt to uncover any lead that may help identify the individual responsible for the abduction and subsequent murder of Jessica Ridgeway; authorities are asking the community to try and remember anything that was suspicious or out of place near the Ketner Lake Open Space during the Memorial Day holiday weekend. Due to the time frame and geographic proximity of Jessica’s disappearance and the attempted abduction near the Ketner Lake Open Space, police are trying to determine if there is any connection between the two cases. The suspect from the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake on May 28, 2012 was described as follows:

• Light skinned male • 18 – 30’s (or someone who’s appearance with a ball cap may look that age) • Brown hair • Medium build • 5’06” to 5’08” (Height can vary above or below these approximations)

Westminster police and assisting law enforcement agencies have been unable to associate any vehicle in either of these incidents. Several metro area law enforcement jurisdictions are working other cases of attempted abductions and various vehicle or suspect descriptions have been provided. In regards to Westminster’s cases, we only have the above description to provide.

Working with the FBI and the Behavioral Analysis Unit we are asking the public to call us if anyone around you changed their behavior, acted unusual, failed to show up for a family activity or other change that was unusual. We are specifically looking for these behavior changes on October 5, 2012 and days after Jessica’s disappearance and the Memorial Day weekend.

Tips can be given to the Westminster Police Department tip center by calling 303-658-4336 or by sending an email to: PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

It seems odd that they don't have a vehicle description in this Lake Ketner incident.

In other words, did the guy try to grab someone while he was out walking?

Catching up -

They use paper bags because plastic sweats and will destroy evidence.

No body parts in the backpack because if there were, the insect activity would have alerted the finder (let alone the smell).

If I was in Colorado I'd be on my kids like white on rice too.

This is the case PD think may be related: http://kwgn.com/2012/05/30/jogger-escapes-from-attempted-kidnapping-near-westminster-lake/

http://kwgn.com/2012/05/30/jogger-escapes-from-attempted-kidnapping-near-westminster-lake/

A 22-year-old woman was jogging along a trail near Ketner Lake in Westminster Monday afternoon when a man grabbed her from behind and tried to put a chemical-soaked rag over her mouth, police said this afternoon.

The woman was able to fight herself free, run away and quickly call 911 on her cell phone, police said.

The assault happened at about 1:15 p.m.

True. I have seen cars that crap out trying to make it up the grade uphill. I still lean towards the theory he wanted the partial body to be found. But of course all just my own speculation.

The foothills are not far away, but it would take some driving to get to a secluded location. US 6 in Golden is a busy highway and heavily patrolled. The road up Coal Creek Canyon also has a lot of traffic. Golden Gate Canyon is quieter, but even that one has traffic at all hours of the night.

Ketner Lake Jogger case:

Her assailant was described as white, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall with brown hair and an average build. He was wearing a blue cap, a black T-shirt, jeans and small rimmed sunglasses.

Another jogger was chased by a man with a similar description in July 2010, police said, warning those who use the area.

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_20744524?source=commented-

Speaking from experience as being a surgical scrub tech, and assisting with countless limb amputations, I can attest to the fact that a power saw isn't nessessary. The most time consumming part of an amputation is controling blood loss.. cauterizing vessels/ tying arteries, Cutting through an adult femur can go be achieved in less than a minute with a hand saw or gigili saw. And with no regard to blood loss, a limb can be dismembered in little time. Sorry for the graphic nature of this post. My intention is to point out how fast and easy a dismemberment can be. When LE refer's to dismemberment being neatly/cleanly carried out, it makes me think the dismemberment took place at the joints with percision cuts.
On another note concerning DNA findings... the brown paper sack was kinda big, at least I thought so, bigger than a standard grocery store sack... well it looked that way to me when the female LE was carrying it away. Anyway, how many stores offer brown paper sacks these days? I bet they can trace the sack to it's manufacturerer, plus somebody's DNA is surely on that sack.

It seems odd that they don't have a vehicle description in this Lake Ketner incident.

In other words, did the guy try to grab someone while he was out walking?

Yes, the incidents regarded walking & at least one victim jogging. If you were out on the walking/jogging trails, you wouldn't see the car, because it would be parked in the park parking lot.

I absolutely agree with the geographical area being within this guy's comfort zone. I haven't seen any indication that this crime was committed by a transient. I'm still of the firm belief that this may be this person's first murder, although I do believe there is a history, (juvenile or adult) of sexual molestation. It appears to be someone who is escalating. The telling signs are the fact that the abduction was carried out in a very organized manner, yet the disposal appears to be confusing and disorganized. The possibility leads me to think there may have been something that caused the perp to panic. I can't resign myself to give this perp credit for thinking about where he dropped the backpack in terms of street names, pentagrams or anything else except an attempt to steer the investigation in an opposite direction...away from where the investigation was headed prior to the backpack discovery. I have seen some isolated rumors that investigators are now back in that same area, (Standley Lake). Also, some of the maps provided here indicate there was possible evidence in the lake area just prior to the backpack discovery.

I have always wondered if the backpack site is where the focus to find him is. Is it possible he set the backpack in the middle of the sidewalk because he could see it somehow from his home? He watched the whole media and LE frenzy from the safety of his own home?

I think he is local too. Possibly his family thought he was hunting that weekend and the actual 'place' the murder took place is a cabin or retreat somewhere in the area. I did not see the videos/stills of the remains being found. They aren't too graphic for me, but I feel uncomfortable looking. Like disrespectful. Regardless, I do think the body was placed in the drainage ditch and was subject to some animal activity. But I don't know. I waffle back and forth when I see speculation regarding staging.

I also think he left a note, something inside a book or notebook they have found that has LE connecting the dots with another case. They definitely have DNA either from this one or another one. I truly believe that

Kelly ETA IMHO MOO and all that good stuff.

Speaking from experience as being a surgical scrub tech, and assisting with countless limb amputations, I can attest to the fact that a power saw isn't nessessary. The most time consumming part of an amputation is controling blood loss.. cauterizing vessels/ tying arteries, Cutting through an adult femur can go be achieved in less than a minute with a hand saw or gigili saw. And with no regard to blood loss, a limb can be dismembered in little time. Sorry for the graphic nature of this post. My intention is to point out how fast and easy a dismemberment can be. When LE refer's to dismemberment being neatly/cleanly carried out, it makes me think the dismemberment took place at the joints with percision cuts.
On another note concerning DNA findings... the brown paper sack was kinda big, at least I thought so, bigger than a standard grocery store sack... well it looked that way to me when the female LE was carrying it away. Anyway, how many stores offer brown paper sacks these days? I bet they can trace the sack to it's manufacturerer, plus somebody's DNA is surely on that sack.

BBM

If you are referring to the brown paper bag seen when the backpack was found, please note that it has been established that the brown bag was an LE evidence bag. There are links to MSM articles about this on previous threads, IIRC.

ETA: Here's the link: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...eway-still-no-clues-after-3-days-of-searching

When police arrived, the backpack was placed in a large paper bag to protect it for later analysis.

The foothills are not far away, but it would take some driving to get to a secluded location. US 6 in Golden is a busy highway and heavily patrolled. The road up Coal Creek Canyon also has a lot of traffic. Golden Gate Canyon is quieter, but even that one has traffic at all hours of the night.

I was thinking of Golden Gate Canyon myself. Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to throw evidence off a steep area there. I am not sure how heavy the traffic is at night though. But seems like more bikes than cars on a random weekend afternoon. I personally don't think I would drive it at say 2 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member