Caylee Anthony General Discussion thread #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Amy would know what it meant. Is it possible that Casey was planning on going to California the next day tho? She kept asking for another day while her mom was on the phone with 911.

It'd be interesting to see if there were any airline tickets in her name for that next day (or even bus or train) to California that were likely purchased with cash from Amy or one of the other friends.

If you have a queasy stomach, PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS.

I really hate to be morbid, but the documents that were released last night leave little wiggle room.

The towyard manager said that when he opened the trunk, flies flew out and there were maggots inside.

A trunk is a sealed environment. Flies will not attempt to enter something like a closed, sealed trunk to lay eggs on a pizza box. Even if that pizza box had pizza in it, it just isn't going to happen. Think about the times you've left a half-eaten hamburger on the floorboard of your car. (I'm guilty of this...commuting to work, high-stress job, forgot about the half Big Mac I left in the car for a week.) Think about the Taco Bell bag you left on the back seat...people with kids will admit that we've occasionally left food in the car and forgotten to remove it.

Sometime in their life cycle, those flies entered that trunk with Caylee's body.

I believe that Caylee's body was stored outside somewhere...somewhere that flies could have laid eggs on the corpse. It could have been stored there for as brief as several hours or as long as several days.

Casey worried that the body would be found wherever she left it. Or maybe she knew the dumpster-emptying schedule for the waste company in Orlando. At any rate, she went back to remove the body from the place she had left it, and she put it in her trunk.

Possibly, the corpse stayed in the trunk from the time she retrieved it until the second time she dumped it. The second dumping of the corpse could have been done on the evening of the 26th, early AM hours of the 27th (the time window when her car was left at Amscot, parked by the dumpster).

When she loaded the decomposing corpse into the trunk the second time, fluids leaked out. Clumps of hair fell out. Possibly decomposing flesh detached from the body. Decomposing flesh with maggots already hatching.

When she removed the body from her trunk (to possibly place in the Amscot dumpster), some of those pieces of flesh with maggots were left behind, possibly on the white garbage bag in the trunk.

This would explain why there were flies and maggots in the trunk when the towyard manager opened it.

Let's look at a generalized life cycle of the species of flies that assists in decomposition of a body (if we knew the exact species, we could be less generalized in the life cycle):

From egg to larva (maggot) is 2-5 days. Until day 5, the larvae are feeding on the body.

The larvae move away from the body to become pupae, and are adult flies on day 19 or 20. Adult flies feed on body fluids, mate immediately after emergence, and lay eggs within two days of emergence...and the cycle begins again.

So, to summarize this:

Day 1 - eggs laid.

Day 2 - eggs hatch.

Day 2 to 5 - larvae move into and around the body, feeding.

Day 6 to 19 - pupa stage, no feeding on corpse, mature flies will emerge from the hard case.

Day 20 - adult fly emerges, feeds.

Day 22 - adult fly lays eggs on corpse.

Therefore, the flies that were found in the trunk were second generation flies, as were the maggots, because the car sat sealed at the towyard for 16 days. The second generation had already emerged and begun laying eggs, which had hatched into maggot staged larvae.

I can't wait to see what a forensic entomologist will reveal about this case. I think that the transport of the corpse can be nailed down to within a couple of days using the life cycle of the flies that flew out of the trunk on July 16th.
Excellent research, QA! Would you mind starting a thread so we can explore this more? I really had not wanted to get into it, but it certainly does scream out to be researched. Where is Gil when ya need him?!

snipped

I really hate to be morbid, but the documents that were released last night leave little wiggle room.

Excellent post, heartbreaking as the visuals were while reading it. Given that entomological time line would it be safe to assume Caylee was in the trunk just before Casey dumped the car?

I am certain that this was yet another Casey lie. I just don't picture Casey going to borrow a shovel in order to dig up bamboo! :rolleyes:

My half sister is BPD, she is the most polite mannored person. Jumps right in and helps with chores. I could see her doing that. It is automatic and spins lies about stuff the whole time she is talking to you. This girl did not show signs of any type of depression. I am starting to think that her mental state went to the next level and a true personality split happen shortly afther she had Caylee. That can be the next step for untreated BPD. Someone else mentioned the multi personality thing a few posts back.

yikes.... important information... and we knew those flies didn't just "fly" in the closed trunk...

I think they said there was a garbage bag WITH the pizza and papers in it, the flies could have been in the garbage bag before being closed in the trunk.

Just playing devils advocate aka: Jose Baez

I am certain that this was yet another Casey lie. I just don't picture Casey going to borrow a shovel in order to dig up bamboo! :rolleyes:

Especially digging up bamboo she was tripping over in the yard at the house she wasn't living in. LOL.

It'd be interesting to see if there were any airline tickets in her name for that next day (or even bus or train) to California that were likely purchased with cash from Amy or one of the other friends.
Sure would! However, Casey is the type that flies by the seat of her pants. I think she would just buy it at the time instead of purchasing it ahead. I think she was caught off guard on the 15th by Amy showing her mom where she was.

The towyard manager said that when he opened the trunk, flies flew out and there were maggots inside.

A trunk is a sealed environment. Flies will not attempt to enter something like a closed, sealed trunk to lay eggs on a pizza box. Even if that pizza box had pizza in it, it just isn't going to happen. Think about the times you've left a half-eaten hamburger on the floorboard of your car. (I'm guilty of this...commuting to work, high-stress job, forgot about the half Big Mac I left in the car for a week.) Think about the Taco Bell bag you left on the back seat...people with kids will admit that we've occasionally left food in the car and forgotten to remove it.

Sometime in their life cycle, those flies entered that trunk with Caylee's body.

I believe that Caylee's body was stored outside somewhere...somewhere that flies could have laid eggs on the corpse. It could have been stored there for as brief as several hours or as long as several days.

Casey worried that the body would be found wherever she left it. Or maybe she knew the dumpster-emptying schedule for the waste company in Orlando. At any rate, she went back to remove the body from the place she had left it, and she put it in her trunk.

Possibly, the corpse stayed in the trunk from the time she retrieved it until the second time she dumped it. The second dumping of the corpse could have been done on the evening of the 26th, early AM hours of the 27th (the time window when her car was left at Amscot, parked by the dumpster).

When she loaded the decomposing corpse into the trunk the second time, fluids leaked out. Clumps of hair fell out. Possibly decomposing flesh detached from the body. Decomposing flesh with maggots already hatching.

When she removed the body from her trunk (to possibly place in the Amscot dumpster), some of those pieces of flesh with maggots were left behind, possibly on the white garbage bag in the trunk.

This would explain why there were flies and maggots in the trunk when the towyard manager opened it.

Let's look at a generalized life cycle of the species of flies that assists in decomposition of a body (if we knew the exact species, we could be less generalized in the life cycle):

From egg to larva (maggot) is 2-5 days. Until day 5, the larvae are feeding on the body.

The larvae move away from the body to become pupae, and are adult flies on day 19 or 20. Adult flies feed on body fluids, mate immediately after emergence, and lay eggs within two days of emergence...and the cycle begins again.

So, to summarize this:

Day 1 - eggs laid.

Day 2 - eggs hatch.

Day 6 to 19 - pupa stage, no feeding on corpse, mature flies will emerge from the hard case.

Therefore, the flies that were found in the trunk were second generation flies, as were the maggots, because the car sat sealed at the towyard for 16 days. The second generation had already emerged and begun laying eggs, which had hatched into maggot staged larvae.

I can't wait to see what a forensic entomologist will reveal about this case. I think that the transport of the corpse can be nailed down to within a couple of days using the life cycle of the flies that flew out of the trunk on July 16th.

Point. Match. Game.

The released documents state that there was a noticible strange indentation near the swimming pool. I believe Casey buried Caylee there after she probably drowned (either on purpose or by accident). And then knew that the site she was buried looked unsightly and that she had to get her out of there should the parents find her there so she got that shovel next door, dug her up and put her in the trunk (hence why she backed the car into the garage so no one could see what she was doing). Then she moved her elsewhere (maybe the dumpster at Amscott) or somewhere near by there. I sure wish they were searching that area.

So, to summarize this:

Day 1 - eggs laid.

Day 2 - eggs hatch.

Especially digging up bamboo she was tripping over in the yard at the house she wasn't living in. LOL.

It could be that she tried to dig a hole but found it too difficult . . . I read a story the other day where an expert stated that women who dispose of a body either use water or a dumpster of some sort -- because they don't particularly enjoy digging a hole large enough to hide a body.

And the car was backed into the garage -- so she could secretly get rid of the bamboo.

LOL Yes I had forgotten about that part of the equation! :)

Anyways isn't the bounty hunter's 7 days up, so now he goes and gets Caylee and brings her home?!

(Note:And I am a monkey's uncle too)

Yep Quick Attack, I think we have it all worked out! I wonder if LE agrees with us? I wonder how they can prove their case and arrest this girl for murder?

I can't watch this video at work? What's this about?

An OCSD lied about a relationship he had with Casey back in may. They found chats and eventually that they had a sexual relationship. Since he lied he was fired today.

If May 2008 resembles christmas 2004 I think we know why there was no dad on the birth certificate.

So, to summarize this:

Day 1 - eggs laid.

Day 2 - eggs hatch.

Great job. That outlined it very clearly. But I have one question: Is the growth rate that same on a dead squirrel?

Interesting...:clap:

22 or so days puts it quite close to that whole June 24th gas can incident...

Does anyone know what Part of the PDF the tow trunk interview is on?

I think it was in part 2, but Patti posted a great index around here somewhere (it may be in the "documents only" thread as well..the index I mean)

Interesting...:clap:

22 or so days puts it quite close to that whole June 24th gas can incident...

I think she might have originally wanted to torch the car.... but for some reason decided not to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa