TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of my son's friends regularly drops by, It may take me a minute but I can tell you what days he was here. Hopefully since she has thought about it now, she can remember

Our business partners son comes to the office after school and hangs out with his dad until it is time to head home, or for someone to pick him up for cub scouts etc...

If something happened to him it would be really easy for me to not know what day I last saw him, or if I was convinced I did know and LE questioning to convince me maybe it was the day before.

It is a frequent visit, I am not responsible for him, and my days somewhat blend together as far as routine. Actually as I think about it now I don't know what day I last saw him.

I just want to clear something up about polygraph's being inadmissible in court....

They are admissible in 20 states and Federal Court....

(most of the laws for it vary state by state, however, most states that allow their use in court require the consent of both parties for them to be admissible)

However, in Texas they are not admissible.

"He is not missing," said Peggy, a family friend, who asked not to use her last name. "Family friends have said he is in Big Spring at his mother's."

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/rumors-missing-boyfriend-unfounded

aside: I wonder if skipping town=leaving town to stay at Mother's without telling anyone???? eta: going to his mother's house would technically be "leaving" the town of Colorado City fwiw

Personally I think leaving town and being missing are two different things. I do wonder what made him go stay with his Mother after taking a poly if it's true that he hasn't left BD's side during this whole trying time.

I am 5 threads behind, so I have no idea if this suggestion was mentioned but perhaps the school can let the students know they can submit an anonymous tip, set up maybe a box where a student can write down information they would otherwise not want to relay or share with their parent, police, teacher, or even another friend?

Our business partners son comes to the office after school and hangs out with his dad until it is time to head home, or for someone to pick him up for cub scouts etc...

If something happened to him it would be really easy for me to not know what day I last saw him, or if I was convinced I did know and LE questioning to convince me maybe it was the day before.

It is a frequent visit, I am not responsible for him, and my days somewhat blend together as far as routine. Actually as I think about it now I don't know what day I last saw him.

I would think an office would be different than your home. But maybe it's just me. People are in and out of here all the time but I don't really like company so maybe I keep up with it more especially teenagers because I have to keep up with what they are up too.

this article says it better:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328456

So this can be looked at two ways:

1) a number of people connected to the family FAILED the polygraphs, and the family is frustrated with these people/lies

OR

2) a number of people connected to the family WERE TOLD BY LE that they failed the polygraphs, and the family is frustrated with LE (either they think LE is wrong or that LE isn't telling them the truth)

Really, I see that as the two ways what Billie is saying can be interpreted.

Well, I have to go to a doctor's appointment, am really hoping for news or a PC when I get back...:(

Good thing you are headed to the doc 'cause now you are starting to imagine things!:crazy::crazy::crazy:

(maybe you need some of those anti-lie detector, ummm, I mean anti-anxiety meds!)

Czg..said to listen to what BD says. In the video of her talking BD says she trusts authorities, what she is being told. iirc, it was the latest BigCountry story.

Personally I think leaving town and being missing are two different things. I do wonder what made him go stay with his Mother after taking a poly if it's true that he hasn't left BD's side during this whole trying time.

I would imagine that the general discomfort of being in the spotlight as unofficial persons of interest may cause him to stay elsewhere for a while, whether it be from media or even Billie and Clint's family members. Guilty or not, if I were in his shoes, I would likely choose to stay with my blood relatives, than the family of the child that I am unofficially being looked at as having caused to go missing.

JMOO

As devils advocate, if we are looking at statement as it was made- handful failing ...-
Let's not forget MB and whomever may have been at her house ?

I would imagine that the general discomfort of being in the spotlight as unofficial persons of interest may cause him to stay elsewhere for a while, whether it be from media or even Billie and Clint's family members. Guilty or not, if I were in his shoes, I would likely choose to stay with my blood relatives, than the family of the child that I am unofficially being looked at as having caused to go missing.

JMOO

I think I would too. I just think he picked a bad time to go, if he went right after his poly.

I do wonder what made him go stay with his Mother after taking a poly if it's true that he hasn't left BD's side during this whole trying time.

So they can get their stories straight?

Sorry, thinking out loud.

IT seems to me that the mere fact of what she was wearing tells me she wasn't expecting to be out long. I doubt she hid shoes. She could have had other clothing on under the sweat pants but since the story was she was going to stay at her friends for the night, it wouldn't have looked suspicious if she took clothes with her.

I use to live in Abilene but never been to Snyder. Would Snyder look like 1997 Abilene?

Just some of my thoughts - in no particular order of importance:

Have heard nothing about brothers activities that day other than he was "coming and going"; where was he coming and going to? Nor have I heard anything about any of his friends.

Things aren't looking good for SA. But I did have another thought: he had a "blow-out" at work? With whom? Did someone seek revenge on him by getting Hailey?

And for some odd reason, Im disturbed about dads GF. Jealousy can make people do horrendous things. Could there have been an issue there? New mommy - drastic hormonal changes - lack of sleep. . .

I also have a feeling that numerous "key people" are using recreational drugs. Snooping around social networking sites, seeing pics on their friends profiles depicting weed and pipes. Friends usually hang with people with similar interests and doing activities they enjoy doing, together. =(

I don't understand what relevance the level of nursing care Billie performs has on this case. Please explain.

Actually just kind of proud of her. It shows to me that she has attended more college than a lot of people, and then we hear how she works the 12 hour shifts with two kids and living as a single mom.

I am very curious about the dad and if he works, and if he worked while they were together or if she was the lone worker. He kind of scared me Tuesday night. I understand the gravity of what they are facing but he looked like a loose canon. Hoping it's just the situation that is bringing that out.

Just trying to put the pieces together about the men she chooses to be in her life.

I would think an office would be different than your home. But maybe it's just me. People are in and out of here all the time but I don't really like company so maybe I keep up with it more especially teenagers because I have to keep up with what they are up too.

With a frequently as I gather that Hailey is in and out of both residences, I can tell you that I would be hard pressed to recall exactly which day and what time I last saw her, especially with the added stressors of that person now having gone missing.

Case in point, my husband watches my nieces in our home during the week. It varies as to whether my brother or my SIL drops them off and picks them up and varies by time, but it is still routine for them to drop off and ick up their kids daily. I have found myself on numerous occassions not remembering who dropped off or who picked up on a given day during that week and what time. It is so routine, but such a variable routine, that sometimes I can't recall. Since it is routine, the actual event doesn't tend to stick in my mind, unless there is something variable about that event, such as one of the girls have a meltdown. Does that make sense?

Maybe in Clint's GF's case, Hailey did stop by, but it was just a normal event, nothing specific standing out, that she can't recall if it was that day or another.

While this sounds kind of screwy, I can understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong