How significant were pageants in JonBenet's life?

eileenhawkeye

Reaction score
How big were pageants in JonBenet's life? The Ramseys and their supporters always say that JonBenet "only" did 9 pageants in her life. However, I have done some investigating to show that pageants were actually very important, and were becoming very serious in the last eight months of her life. I believe that 1995 and 1996 were very different years for JonBenet.

JonBenet's 1995 schedule:

Summer: Charlevoix pageant and photoshoot
October: Photoshoot
November or December 1995: pageant
Her hair is dyed sometime in November or December 1995 for her 2nd pageant.

This is JonBenet's schedule for 1996:

April: Easter photoshoot and pageant
June: Randall Simmons photoshoot and pageant (and photoshoot for that pageant)
July: Two pageants
August: Pageant
September: Judith Phillips photoshoot
November: photoshoot and pageant
December: Pageant, mall performance, and parade

So in 1995, JonBenet had two pageants and two photoshoots.

From April 1996-December 1996, JonBenet had five photoshoots, plus she competed in seven pageants.

So, JonBenet may have competed in "just" nine pageants but when you consider that two were in 1995 and seven were in 1996, you realize that pageants were becoming a very big deal in her life. Seven pageants in the last eight months of JBR's life, so that's about one pageant per month, and you know that she was practicing every weekend for it.

In my next post, since this one is getting big, I'll post pictures of JBR from her photoshoots so everyone and can see how they became more controversial as the months went by.

What does everyone think? Were pageants big in JBR's life or not?

Summer 1995:

l.jpg

October 1995:

l.jpg

April 1996:

l.jpg

June 1996:

l.jpg

Summer 1995:

l.jpg

September 1996:

l.jpg

November 1996:

l.jpg

December 1996:

l.jpg

IMO, there's a big difference between how she looks in just about a year! I believe Patsy was taking these pageants very seriously.

JonBenet's photoshoots/pageants become more controversial in the months leading up to her MURDER. Is that just a coincidence or did pageants play a role in her death?

dunno.i saw some of those tv shows about beauty pageants.it's all about the moms.they need a different hobby IMO.this was more about Nedra,maybe PR and PP didn't like it either but never realized it. family tradition.and IMo PR pushed JB because NP pushed them all with this non sense.of course,dads think the kid enjoys it,they don't pay so much attention,if mom says the kid loves it then it's ok for them I guess.
JR said once that he only went to the talent part.that says a lot imo.

IMO, there's a big difference between how she looks in just about a year! I believe Patsy was taking these pageants very seriously.

JonBenet's photoshoots/pageants become more controversial in the months leading up to her MURDER. Is that just a coincidence or did pageants play a role in her death?

In my experience, the moms typically take the pageants a lot more seriously than the kids.

Also consider all of the prep for the pageants, like dance classes and dress fittings. And I'm sure she spent time with a pageant coach (unless this was Patsy).

Also consider all of the prep for the pageants, like dance classes and dress fittings. And I'm sure she spent time with a pageant coach (unless this was Patsy).

Patsy hired a Professional Dance Instructor, Kit Andre to teach JonBenet the Cowboys Sweetheart routine. Patsy was so over the top...butting in, getting up to dance with JonBenet, taking lot's of notes, bringing Nedra in, who bragged about Patsy's pageants. Kit knew this was something not for JonBenet, but for her mother.

JonBenet died that winter. I never saw her in a pageant. Never saw her in the cowboy costume. Never saw her do the routine I taught her until I saw that pageant video on T.V.

I saw Patsy at the memorial service in Boulder. She was pathetic, She was nothing. She was all gone. And that was the first time I ever saw John Ramsey. He was talking about what had happened. Kind of matter-of-factly. Calmly. Patsy was crying in the chapel aisle - some friend was holding her up. I wasn't going to intrude on her - she was too distraught. But then she came over to me. Of course I went to her and hugged her.

"She was a fabulous child." I told her. "She was a star."

I've looked at that pageant video several times. They made JonBenet look like a clown. Someone else taught her those pseudo-adult movements, the provacative walk, the poses, all of it.

The pageants were Patsy's gig, JonBenet was her alter ego. Patsy had the money, she had the costumes, and she had the kid. She could relive her own pageant thing. You got the picture right there. Patsy didn't have a sense of proportion about how this should fit into her child's life. What I saw on the pageant video - you don't do that to a six-year-old.

Kit Andre

From what I've heard, Patsy spent something like $100,000 in the space of a year on pageants alone. That's SIX FIGURES. That's more money than I've seen in my LIFE. It was serious, all right.

From what I've heard, Patsy spent something like $100,000 in the space of a year on pageants alone. That's SIX FIGURES. That's more money than I've seen in my LIFE. It was serious, all right.

100k is a crazy amount of money for a 6-year-old's extracurricular activity. JonBenet competed in pageants in Colorado, Michigan, Georgia, and I believe, Texas and Louisiana, too. She was also going to Hawaii for a pageant in January 1997.

Here are some more comments about JonBenet's pageant life:

Yet Pam Archuleta, over coffee and then wine at the Boulderado Hotel, said Patsy was “obsessed” by the contests, and she describes the alcove just outside the master bedroom in Boulder where Patsy displayed all the photos, trophies, ribbons and tiaras from her own days as Miss West Virginia. JonBenet’s pageant costumes were “handmade in New York, much finer than the other contestants,” says another family friend. "Her hair was highlighted, her makeup applied thickly and designed to make her look older. Besides, she had to take piano and singing lessons, she had a coach. Does that sound like fun?”

But when Patsy recovered, her three-year-old daughter was all hers. They embarked on the grueling pageant circuit and JonBenet proceeded to act like a little adult for half of her childhood. She won more than two dozen trophies and lost more.
Pam Archuleta saw a fatigue in JonBenet during the last months of her life. "She had this haunted, defeated look. She looked frozen when she got that beauty queen attitude on. I think she was just plain worn out.”

JP: Yeah, she was dressed in very child-like clothes, she and my daughter played up her in her bedroom. In fact, my daughter later told me that during one of her visits that during this time, that she went up to JonBenét room and JonBenét showed her all the trophies from all the pageants, her ribbons and stuff like that and my daughter said 'what are these?' and she said 'oh my mom just wants me to get into these pageants and these are trophies that I earned' and my daughter said 'wow, cool'. She said (JonBenét) 'but the trophies really don't belong here, they belong in my mom's room' . Yeah.

I do not know how much significance the pageantry had in JB's life but I suspect it held way tooo much significance in PR's life.

I do not know how much significance the pageantry had in JB's life but I suspect it held way tooo much significance in PR's life.

And that may be the key to this whole thing.

Here's another interesting quote:

"The third-floor master bedroom had a cathedral ceiling and a view of the Flatirons. A framed print of red flowers hung over the fireplace. The king-size bed had a 4-foot-high hand-carved headboard. A rider workout machine sat beside an exercise bicycle. A corner desk held a computer. Displayed on the floor and shelves were twenty-three of JonBenet's pageant trophies. In a children's play area stood a 5-foot-tall pageant trophy next to one that measured 8-feet-1."

I feel like if JonBenet really enjoyed the pageants and loved when she won, she would have insisted that the trophies be in her room.

Here's another interesting quote:

I feel like if JonBenet really enjoyed the pageants and loved when she won, she would have insisted that the trophies be in her room.

I agree....this was more her Mums idea.

I also agree with Kit Andre, they made JB look too made up. With spending that kind of money why not something better like Ballet or something not so tacky?? I hate all the makeup they put on JonBenet:(

If Patsy displayed 23 of JB's pageant trophies....how can she say JB competed in only 9 pageants? I's say she had to compete in at least as many pageants as there were trophies, right?

If Patsy displayed 23 of JB's pageant trophies....how can she say JB competed in only 9 pageants? I's say she had to compete in at least as many pageants as there were trophies, right?

Because a child can win multiple trophies at one pageant - stuff like 'Best Costume' "Most Talented' "Most Beautiful" and the like. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I know this from watching Toddlers and Tiaras - I can't help myself, it's like if a house is burning down, you HAVE to watch, right?? :loser:

We've only seen pictures and videos from nine of JonBenet's pageants so unless she did a pageant where no footage has been released (which I find very doubtful), then I believe we've seen them all. Like marycarney said, you can win multiple trophies at one pageant.

JonBenet had about 7-8 different costumes per pageant, plus a different hairstyle for each costume. She had eleven different costumes for the Randall Simmons shoot. That sounds like a lot of work for a 6-year-old.

This is all one pageant....notice how the backdrop is the same:

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

How big were pageants in JonBenet's life? The Ramseys and their supporters always say that JonBenet "only" did 9 pageants in her life. However, I have done some investigating to show that pageants were actually very important, and were becoming very serious in the last eight months of her life. I believe that 1995 and 1996 were very different years for JonBenet.

JonBenet's 1995 schedule:

Summer: Charlevoix pageant and photoshoot
October: Photoshoot
November or December 1995: pageant
Her hair is dyed sometime in November or December 1995 for her 2nd pageant.

This is JonBenet's schedule for 1996:

April: Easter photoshoot and pageant
June: Randall Simmons photoshoot and pageant (and photoshoot for that pageant)
July: Two pageants
August: Pageant
September: Judith Phillips photoshoot
November: photoshoot and pageant
December: Pageant, mall performance, and parade

So in 1995, JonBenet had two pageants and two photoshoots.

From April 1996-December 1996, JonBenet had five photoshoots, plus she competed in seven pageants.

So, JonBenet may have competed in "just" nine pageants but when you consider that two were in 1995 and seven were in 1996, you realize that pageants were becoming a very big deal in her life. Seven pageants in the last eight months of JBR's life, so that's about one pageant per month, and you know that she was practicing every weekend for it.

In my next post, since this one is getting big, I'll post pictures of JBR from her photoshoots so everyone and can see how they became more controversial as the months went by.

eileenhawkeye,
They became too big, likely affecting her health, acting as vehicle for abuse, simply stressing her out. Wow at six-years old I never knew how to dress properly, never mind, sing, dance and pose, wearing makeup and sequined dresses.

SuperDave,
Hey I need a career move, $100,000, thats my mortgage paid off. :floorlaugh:

Because a child can win multiple trophies at one pageant - stuff like 'Best Costume' "Most Talented' "Most Beautiful" and the like. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I know this from watching Toddlers and Tiaras - I can't help myself, it's like if a house is burning down, you HAVE to watch, right?? :loser:

I watched it, too.:floorlaugh: Was it the one with Sky Brunner? I have to admit I found her guy coach very entertaining and good with kids! :seeya: Her Mother was like a drill sargeant. I think she had a good time when she went to his house, his daughter (also in pageants) and she played together. Yes it does seem like they can win more than one trophy in these things.
I had never seen one! Considering all the $$$ they spend though entering, costumes, coaching, etc they dont give much in cash. I think Skys Mother had spend 70K and working 2 jobs to pay for it all. SAD

IMO, way to much time sent on rehersals, fitting dresses, hair, makeup,
when did she have ME time??? Time to be a little girl?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back