Active Search for Evidence taking Place Around Portugese Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I am hearing impaired, but Omg! Did I just hear KM say that they had needed to book childcare!? A lesson learned then.

Also, did GM say that there's no evidence "that Madeleine was seriously injured or is dead"? You're the only one saying seriously injured in that interview Mr McCann...very telling, IMO.

http://news.sky.com/story/1283299/mccanns-angry-over-cynical-libel-trial-delay

Transcript

Transcript

By Nigel Moore

Gerry McCann: Errr... We're exasperated that the hearing has been cancelled, errr... once again, errr... at Mr Amaral's request. This is the fourth time that this has happened, when we've travelled to Portugal. The legal case has been running now for over 5 years and we want to get justice for Madeleine. Today is a blatant and cynical attempt to wear us down and it's Madeleine who's suffering. Errm... We're not gonna give up; gonna keep going. Thank you.

Male Portuguese Reporter 1: Do you think this was a strategy?

Kate McCann: Can I... can I just add, I mean, I think we need to make it clear to people we... we took on this case because of the pain and stress that Mr Amaral has brought to us and our children. And every time he postpones the case, like this, it brings us more pain and distress, Every time we come here we have to make arrangements for our children to be looked after, we have to book flights, we have to book hotels, we have to take time off work to come here. Now Mr Amaral handed that letter in, apparently, around 9 o'clock this morning. That letter could have been handed in before we left the country and this has happened now about four times, as Gerry said this can't be seen as anything but blatant and cynical. We just want justice. This is not fair.

Male Portuguese Reporter 2: You will return? You will return?

Gerry McCann: Yes.

Male Portuguese Reporter 1: Do you think this was a strategy from Goncalo Amaral?

Gerry McCann: Clearly.

Kate McCann: Yes.

Male Portuguese Reporter 3: Do you think Madeleine is alive?

Gerry McCann: What we know for certain is there is no evidence Madeleine is dead and until we find her...

Kate McCann: [interrupting] She deserves... she deserves the right to be found. We believe that Mr Amaral is trying to stop her that human right of being looked for and found. It's happened to other children, it can happen to Madeleine.

Female Portuguese Reporter: Don't you think he may be in pain too, Mr Amaral?

Kate McCann: Why?

Female Portuguese Reporter: Because, errr... all the things he has [indecipherable] too.

Kate McCann: Mr Amaral is not the victim in this.

Male Portuguese Reporter 4: About the searches in Praia da Luz, with Scotland Yard...

Gerry McCann: We're not commenting on the investigation. That's a job for the Judicial Police and Scotland Yard. Thank you.

Male Portuguese Reporter 4: But you still hope Madeleine is gonna... gonna be fine?

Gerry McCann: Well, what... what is clear is that the searches haven't found any evidence that Madeleine has been seriously injured or is dead. So, as far as we are concerned, there's a good chance she's still alive and we have to keep searching for her. That's why we're here.

Male Portuguese Reporter 5: What do you think about the results of the searching of the British police last week in Portugal.

Gerry McCann: It's the same thing, you know. There've been multiple searches - there's no sign of Madeleine. There is no evidence that she's been seriously harmed or dead, and that's the important thing. There's a missing child, and...

Kate McCann: [trying to interrupt] Either way... either way...

Gerry McCann: [continues] ...and, you know, what... what is absolutely clear and we want to... people can have their own opinions of us but Madeleine is completely innocent in all of this. This is what it's about - an innocent child who's missing.

Male English Reporter: If Mr Amaral is watching this, what would you say to him?

Gerry McCann: We're not speaking to Mr Amaral. Thank you very much for your patience. [turns and walks off]
-----

Gerry also says its Madeleine who is suffering! If she is dead, and he doesnt know or does know,then she wont be suffering. If she is alive then they cant believe she was taken as an adoptive child by a loving couple. Which leaves all the nasty alternatives. In all three scenarios I dont see how they can blame Amaral. And then ask for a million pound for all their suffering including Madeleines AND their other kids. That was below the belt Kate saying he has caused pain to her remaining children. Really bad press speech in so many ways IMO

As for her whinging about having to book flights hotel and childcare whenever they go over, well they knew what it entailed when they decided to sue in Portugal, hardly mammoth tasks, and not as if they are payng for it out of their own pockets, and well worth the half hour efforts for the return!! Sheesh and the trial was never going to be a week And blaming Amaral for all the delays and adjournments is a half truth. One was Amarals lawyer being ill, the other was their asking for an out of court settlement which was refused, another was they had the wrong witnesses turn up and so on.

Madeleines human rights!She deserves to be looked for..and Amaral has been trying to stop this.....hello?. Whats SY been doing for the last 3 years?? And what had their seven sets of PIs been doing since 2007? Up until SY took over..but just sit there and blame Amaral for her disappearance and everything else....bizarre

Transcript

Transcript

By Nigel Moore

Gerry McCann: Errr... We're exasperated that the hearing has been cancelled, errr... once again, errr... at Mr Amaral's request. This is the fourth time that this has happened, when we've travelled to Portugal. The legal case has been running now for over 5 years and we want to get justice for Madeleine. Today is a blatant and cynical attempt to wear us down and it's Madeleine who's suffering. Errm... We're not gonna give up; gonna keep going. Thank you.

Kate McCann: Can I... can I just add, I mean, I think we need to make it clear to people we... we took on this case because of the pain and stress that Mr Amaral has brought to us and our children. And every time he postpones the case, like this, it brings us more pain and distress, Every time we come here we have to make arrangements for our children to be looked after, we have to book flights, we have to book hotels, we have to take time off work to come here. Now Mr Amaral handed that letter in, apparently, around 9 o'clock this morning. That letter could have been handed in before we left the country and this has happened now about four times, as Gerry said this can't be seen as anything but blatant and cynical. We just want justice. This is not fair.

Male Portuguese Reporter 1: Do you think this was a strategy from Goncalo Amaral?

Gerry McCann: What we know for certain is there is no evidence Madeleine is dead and until we find her...

Kate McCann: [interrupting] She deserves... she deserves the right to be found. We believe that Mr Amaral is trying to stop her that human right of being looked for and found. It's happened to other children, it can happen to Madeleine.

Female Portuguese Reporter: Because, errr... all the things he has [indecipherable] too.

Male Portuguese Reporter 4: About the searches in Praia da Luz, with Scotland Yard...

Gerry McCann: We're not commenting on the investigation. That's a job for the Judicial Police and Scotland Yard. Thank you.

Male Portuguese Reporter 4: But you still hope Madeleine is gonna... gonna be fine?

Gerry McCann: Well, what... what is clear is that the searches haven't found any evidence that Madeleine has been seriously injured or is dead. So, as far as we are concerned, there's a good chance she's still alive and we have to keep searching for her. That's why we're here.

Male Portuguese Reporter 5: What do you think about the results of the searching of the British police last week in Portugal.

Gerry McCann: It's the same thing, you know. There've been multiple searches - there's no sign of Madeleine. There is no evidence that she's been seriously harmed or dead, and that's the important thing. There's a missing child, and...

Gerry McCann: [continues] ...and, you know, what... what is absolutely clear and we want to... people can have their own opinions of us but Madeleine is completely innocent in all of this. This is what it's about - an innocent child who's missing.

Male English Reporter: If Mr Amaral is watching this, what would you say to him?

Gerry McCann: We're not speaking to Mr Amaral. Thank you very much for your patience. [turns and walks off]
-----
Gerry also says its Madeleine who is suffering! If she is dead, and he doesnt know or does know,then she wont be suffering. If she is alive then they cant believe she was taken as an adoptive child by a loving couple. Which leaves all the nasty alternatives. In all three scenarios I dont see how they can blame Amaral. And then ask for a million pound for all their suffering including Madeleines AND their other kids. That was below the belt Kate saying he has caused pain to her remaining children. Really bad press speech in so many ways IMO

As for her whinging about having to book flights hotel and childcare whenever they go over, well they knew what it entailed when they decided to sue in Portugal, hardly mammoth tasks, and not as if they are payng for it out of their own pockets, and well worth the half hour efforts for the return!! Sheesh and the trial was never going to be a week And blaming Amaral for all the delays and adjournments is a half truth. One was Amarals lawyer being ill, the other was their asking for an out of court settlement which was refused, another was they had the wrong witnesses turn up and so on.

This statement is untrue.

They did not attend the dig, aka the search. They stayed in Rothley.

Only the prospect of winning a million pounds has dragged them to Portugal today.

They are no where near "the search" never have been.

Transcript

Transcript

By Nigel Moore

-----

Thank you Clutchbag :) this is really helpful.

Reading through this, the words that I have taken the liberty to embolden in Clutchbag's transcript yelled out to me. What a very interesting interview with clearly no statement prepared that expected those questions.

Eta: some weird language in there - 'stop her that human right' should surely be 'deny her that human right', and 'pain and stress' instead of pain and distress. Seems that stress is the order of the day.

Jmo

Thank you Clutchbag :) this is really helpful.

Reading through this, the words that I have taken the liberty to embolden in Clutchbag's transcript yelled out to me. What a very interesting interview with clearly no statement prepared that expected those questions.

Eta: some weird language in there - 'stop her that human right' should surely be 'deny her that human right', and 'pain and stress' instead of pain and distress. Seems that stress is the order of the day.

Jmo
Youre welcome

Stopping Amarals human rights more like! Seized all his assets for five years, wanting to gag him by banning his book which they succeeded before it was overturned by a high court.....what a disingenuous vindictive drama queen. Where were her toddlers human rights on holiday not to be left all lone out of ear and eyeshot in a strange place in a flat they didnt secure by leaving the back door open so anyone could walk in but without fear of strangers (how the hell would they know anyway being their first time there) , still many dangers to doing that including the toddlers getting out looking for their mum and dad and falling over the bloody balcony which was very easy in that particular flat and which was a sharp drop even though in her book she says they didnt have a balcony (porky pie) Im not harping on about the past but if Kate has a nerve to blame Amaral for everything that has befallen her, she can take her own failings and irresponsibility and risk taking back!! Stop farming out the guilt and wanting to be paid for it as well. stupid woman.

:banghead:

We believe that Mr Amaral is trying to stop her that human right of being looked for and found.

Of course not everything they say makes sense, but surely Mr.Amaral, were he still in charge of the case, would be making every effort to find her. In fact, had he not been witch-hunted off the case all those years ago, perhaps he would have found her and solved the mystery. He didn't make her go missing, and he didn't interfere in the investigation- that was done by others.

We believe that Mr Amaral is trying to stop her that human right of being looked for and found.

Of course not everything they say makes sense, but surely Mr.Amaral, were he still in charge of the case, would be making every effort to find her. In fact, had he not been witch-hunted off the case all those years ago, perhaps he would have found her and solved the mystery. He didn't make her go missing, and he didn't interfere in the investigation- that was done by others.

Here's the actual quote.

“Madeleine deserves that right to be found," said Mrs McCann. "We believe that Mr Amaral is trying to stop that human right to be looked for and found. It’s happened to other children and it can happen to Madeleine.

I think that it makes perfect sense.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-chief-for-delaying-search-for-Madeleine.html

Why does Amaral keep stalling the trial? Doesn't he want it to take place so he can reveal his damning evidence?

There is more to this than meets the eye.

There is one way to "stall" a trial - fire your lawyer.

Remember, this trial is already "stalled" - it was supposed to last one week in January.

Since then, the digs have started.

Blind Freddy can put two and two together and say what I've ALWAYS said, the Portugese are waiting until Operation Grange is finalised.

As they should.

The McCanns are attempting to prove "damages" and there actually aren't any - quite the opposite in fact - they have made millions off Madeleine's disappearance and their display on the court steps PROVES they are more interested in money than their own daughter who could be DUG UP at any second.

OR - who is alive and well and watching them NOT LOOK FOR HER on telly in Morocco.

But why does he want to stall it? If he has all this important evidence, as shown by his book, wouldn't the trial be a great place to reveal it?

If he is telling the truth, why not go ahead with the trial?

But why does he want to stall it? If he has all this important evidence, as shown by his book, wouldn't the trial be a great place to reveal it?

If he is telling the truth, why not go ahead with the trial?

Of course he was telling the truth. IMO

Why would anyone think he is the ONLY one with this information? He didn't work this case alone nor in a vacuum. There's probably more he and every other investigator know & didn't reveal anywhere. I think he wants justice for Madeline...nothing more.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone seems to forget Amaral has friends in high places.

Very high places.

What if someone from the PJ advised him that there will be arrests soon? Would YOU delay while those arrests were performed?

Or perhaps, more cynically, Amaral has discovered his own lawyer is owned by Team McCann.

All guesses...but I predicted the McCanns would not step foot in a witness box, and they haven't.

Of course he was telling the truth. IMO

Why would anyone think he is the ONLY one with this information? He didn't work this case alone nor in a vacuum. There's probably more he and every other investigator know & didn't reveal anywhere. I think he wants justice for Madeline...nothing more.

All IMO

OK< so if he is telling the truth, and there are others with the same knowledge, why not go to trial and testify?

Wouldn't that be justice for Maddy?

OK< so if he is telling the truth, and there are others with the same knowledge, why not go to trial and testify?

Wouldn't that be justice for Maddy?

I do not know what his sudden action means.

It could be that something untoward has happened with his lawyer - who knows.

This libel trial was supposed to last no more than a week in January.

These delays are unforeseen but too convenient for me to believe they are anything other than tactics.

The only question is "WHY?" and I have no clue.

It seems that the libel trial is to be delayed, this time by only 10 days, presumably the digs will be finished then.

I do not think this is a coincidence.

The McCann anger as displayed on the steps of the courts also tell me this is not coincidence.

At least the delays give the McCanns the chance to go to the dig instead to thank and support those slaving away in the hot sunshine on their behalf.

Or not. :banghead:

I suppose this should go in "latest news" but it's locked.

Kate and Gerry McCann told of their anguish after disgraced detective Goncalo Amaral threw yet more hurtful allegations at them.

The former police officer claimed the couple could have hidden their daughter Madeleine&#8217;s body inside the coffin of a woman, who was due to be cremated, in a church near where the three-year-old vanished.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-news/gerry-kate-mccann-furious-claims-3707478

I had never heard this before.

It's ironic you have to search for the name McCann on all British media. No headlines nor cover on this latest allegation.

I suppose this should go in "latest news" but it's locked.

Kate and Gerry McCann told of their anguish after disgraced detective Goncalo Amaral threw yet more hurtful allegations at them.

The former police officer claimed the couple could have hidden their daughter Madeleine’s body inside the coffin of a woman, who was due to be cremated, in a church near where the three-year-old vanished.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-news/gerry-kate-mccann-furious-claims-3707478

I had never heard this before.

It's ironic you have to search for the name McCann on all British media. No headlines nor cover on this latest allegation.

I'm unfamiliar with foreign media. I read that but couldn't find it reported anywhere else and didn't know if that was a "reputable" publication. Is it?

Locking up until I can do some reading. Seems everyone is way off base here. This thread is for the active search around the resort. Not for the libel trial.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member