SIDEBAR #24- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's 2:35 in the morning (Central Time) and I can't sleep. Don't know why because I'm not especially worried or anxious about anything.

Anyhoo, while lying in my bed wide awake and getting more and more frustrated at not being able to fall asleep (which only makes one more wide awake!), I decided to get up and log in to Websleuths to see if any other WSers are also awake.

But, no--sigh. I seem to be the only one here. Not even any lurkers to wave to. Oh well.

Anyway (or anyvay): HELLO to all my friends here on WS! I hope you are all fine and that life is treating you well.

Bless you all!

Hello Becky :dracula:

Do you happen to take naps during the day? Sometimes that might stop you from sleeping at night.

What do you do when you spring clean, YorN ? I'm looking for some inspiration.

Spring cleaning:

Rugs get steam cleaned- chairs, tables,etc. moved to clean under them

All other floors get steamed cleaned with my handy-dandy Swifter steam cleaner

Scatter rugs, all curtains, shower curtains, Winter blankets (get put away) get machine washed

My Summer nightclothes, summer clothes, housedresses, along with my son's Summer clothes, get washed (I don't like "closet smell")

Walls are washed down (and all those spidery webs on the ceilings are vacuumed- where are those spiders anyway? I don't ever see them)

Every nick-knack gets washed, along with pictures, mirrors that are hanging on the wall

Books get dusted- and the shelves get washed and polish

All furniture gets polished- kitchen table and chairs gets washed down to the legs

Venetian blinds get washed in the tub- windows and their sills are washed also

Kitchen and bathroom cabinets get washed down (as do any other free- standing cabinets)

All electronic equipment get thoroughly cleaned (phones, TVs, computers, printers, gaming thingys)

Stove, exhaust hood, refrigerator, microwave, convection oven, and toaster oven get thoroughly cleaned

Overhead fans and standing fans get washed

Bathrooms are Cloraxed cleaned

All doors- inside and out- are washed down

Washer/dryer get washed- along with the washroom shelves

All light fixtures ( globes are taken down and washed- how do those bugs get in them?) are cleaned

My chest freezer gets defrosted (there's always some ice that accumulates along the top edges) and washed- inside and out

All old magazines are given to the post office (they have a little area where people drop off books and magazines for others to enjoy)

The outside shed gets cleaned out and reorganized (I get lazy in the Fall and just "throw" everything haphazardly back in the shed)

The siding gets washed of all algae (the back of the house is in shade most of the day)

The decks get swept and washed down ( the front deck needs some painting)- along with any lawn furniture/pillows

I don't think I've forgotten anything???

-------------

I might clean what needs to be cleaned at other times during the year, but randomly as needed.

I still have my bathroom cabinets and my bathroom walls to do, the siding, outdoor things to finish.

Wanna help? :floorlaugh: (my son helps a lot since I've aged).

A lot of work, but a nice feeling of accomplishment (and a very fresh, clean new start to the Summer).

I try to get the Spring cleaning done before the heat gets here- I like to clean when all the windows are opened- the heat makes me sluggish and very lazy.

Hi Nore!

Thanks for responding. I don't know what my sleep problem is, but it started about a year ago. I'll be reading in bed and, after about twenty to thirty minutes, literally dozing off--my usual routine for the last, oh, five decades or so. BUT! once I turn off my light I'm BOING wide awake. No more drowsiness. And so I lie wide awake in the darkness for a while and then turn on the light, read some more, get again drowsy, turn off the light and again BOING--wide awake! This pattern repeats itself three to four times each night. I don't know the cause of this. As I wrote in a previous post, I'm not worried about much of anything. Also, I'm healthy, have a good diet, get regular exercise, etc. I can only chalk it up to the aging process--I turned 56 two days ago--and so I assume this is what will be "normal" for the next few decades. Sigh! :seeya:

Sleep apnea?

I had some business to attend to in Cooperstown today. My son and I ate lunch/dinner at the Cooperstown Diner- a tiny little place, but it had such great food. I had something called The Giant Hamburger platter- with steak fries, onion rings, and a pickle. That hamburger was huge- I couldn't finish it and took a doggy bag home to eat later on.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

IMG_3799.JPG

It was such a good day, even tho' it was drizzly, but it started to pour after we stopped at the supermarket.

My son had previously ate at the diner when he had his hospice assignments and raved about this place. I'm glad we went.

The internet has been down almost from the start of this day because of the storms. Seems to be OK now, but I don't know for how long.

I'm talking to myself again. :floorlaugh:

Think I'll check out New Posts for a while.

Oh, there you are Becky. :seeya:
Good to see you here.
What have you been doing?

Oh, there you are Becky. :seeya:
Good to see you here.
What have you been doing?

Hi YESorNO,

It's good to talk to you again. It's always so good to talk to you. I don't know why, but my undergraduate years across the lake from N.Y. (even though I grew up in British Columbia) have made me feel close to you. And I think that's a good thing.

The above might not make sense; but, in any case, it's certainly good to say hello to you! :seeya:

Hello Becky :dracula:

Do you happen to take naps during the day? Sometimes that might stop you from sleeping at night.

Hi again YorN,

No, I don't take daytime naps, although I've a few friends who swear by them.

I don't take naps because the few times I have slept during the day the nap has always thrown me off, making me disoriented for a good while after.

:seeya:

Sleep apnea?

No. At least I don't think so. I'm a light sleeper and the few times I have suffered from apnea or snoring was when I'd had one too many glasses of wine. The result was that my boozy snores always woke me up!

I lived for almost twenty-five years with a chronic snorer. :scared:

Hi again YorN,

No, I don't take daytime naps, although I've a few friends who swear by them.

I don't take naps because the few times I have slept during the day the nap has always thrown me off, making me disoriented for a good while after.

:seeya:

I found this article from The National Sleep Foundation that might help explain sleep differences as we age:

http://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-topics/aging-and-sleep

And another:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/004018.htm

Sometimes I have trouble sleeping if I've taken a nap too late- after 5:00.
I try to keep regular sleep hours- in bed at 11-11:30, asleep by 12-12:30 (watching TV) and up at 5-6:00.

No. At least I don't think so. I'm a light sleeper and the few times I have suffered from apnea or snoring was when I'd had one too many glasses of wine. The result was that my boozy snores always woke me up!

I lived for almost twenty-five years with a chronic snorer. :scared:

BBM So did I- so distressing, especially when he didn't believe that he snored. :floorlaugh:

I did a lot of shoving and poking his back to make him move to his side instead of his back. :floorlaugh:

BBM So did I- so distressing, especially when he didn't believe that he snored. :floorlaugh:

I did a lot of shoving and poking his back to make him move to his side instead of his back. :floorlaugh:

No kidding! I know exactly what you mean!! "I don't snort ever snore snort snort. No way!"

Yeesh. :seeya:

Hey Becky, good to see you. Becky, my new dog, is doing great.

I had some business to attend to in Cooperstown today. My son and I ate lunch/dinner at the Cooperstown Diner- a tiny little place, but it had such great food. I had something called The Giant Hamburger platter- with steak fries, onion rings, and a pickle. That hamburger was huge- I couldn't finish it and took a doggy bag home to eat later on.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

IMG_3799.JPG

It was such a good day, even tho' it was drizzly, but it started to pour after we stopped at the supermarket.

My son had previously ate at the diner when he had his hospice assignments and raved about this place. I'm glad we went.

The internet has been down almost from the start of this day because of the storms. Seems to be OK now, but I don't know for how long.

I want that burger!

I guess it's ok to post this as it's OT, maybe not quite like your dog breed post :floorlaugh:, but all and the same it is the side bar and OT is rather standard and typical MO for the :jail:bird's defense. Do we all agree ? :wink:

Seriously, this actually isn't funny at all, but bizarre and tragic. I just happened to come across it on another thread and thought I would post it here for those who have the time and desire to read, as it is a little long. I have to say I can't even imagine being the dispatcher who was on the opposite end of that 911 call. :(

http://www.copronason.com/meth.htm

Just a preview:

I remember that story from years ago....unreal :facepalm:

I was sitting outside that little diner today, waiting for my son, smoking a cigarette and I looked up at a store window and saw this little, old, plump lady staring at me. :scared:

She was me!!!! :scared: :floorlaugh:

can-stock-photo_csp11123749.jpg

Who was that lady? I don't want to see her again- so I better not look into store windows and see my reflection. :floorlaugh:

I always think I'm about 24 years old (and look like that, too). :floorlaugh:

It's always a shock when I see that lady looking back at me. :ufo:

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics