Marc Klaas Big Announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I JUST found the headline.....Some of you are unfortunately correct. California is dumping 17000 sex offenders from prison onto the streets.

Well, given this week, that IS a jaw dropper. But I still regret tuning in to FOX to hear it.

Marc said he blames the mental health field for these "releases" - those professionals are not doing their job or following the law.

ok - on to Haiti now

Needed a GPS system to find the second thread ... Geez!

What was the Big Announcement?

Not quite sure Patty - don't mean to be disrespectful here but I really didn't hear a big announcement.

Maybe it was the fact that Jessica's Law has not been being followed and therefore all these sickos are being let out.

This has been talked about on all the cable news ch for weeks. They are releasing over 30,000 inmates, many are violent offender's.

:wave:Hi Everyone! I think the announcement was that the law is being broken by the people who should be enforcing it, allowing these sickos to be free, endangering us all. It sure shocked the heck out of me, made my jaw drop, had me yelling at the tube.
MOO

Not quite sure Patty - don't mean to be disrespectful here but I really didn't hear a big announcement.

Maybe it was the fact that Jessica's Law has not been being followed and therefore all these sickos are being let out.

Swag, I have to agree, I didn't hear anything I didn't already know.

I agree Supergirl. But it didn't come as a shock to me - our system(s) and laws everywhere are being overlooked or loopholes found or just plain not followed by a lot more than just the mental health field.

Look at Jaycee and sicko Garrido - how many times was that parole officer at that house for years? Wasn't even the fire department called about a fire in the backyard?
That's not the people in the mental health field - that's the parole officers.

Sooner - I switched over the America's Most Wanted - they just a piece on Aja!

:wave:Hi Everyone! I think the announcement was that the law is being broken by the people who should be enforcing it, allowing these sickos to be free, endangering us all. It sure shocked the heck out of me, made my jaw drop, had me yelling at the tube.
MOO

IMO This whole week have been a "keep your eye on the bean" shell game. I'm off to go play my mindnumbing farmville game...crops need harvesting!

Needed a GPS system to find the second thread ... Geez!

What was the Big Announcement?

LOL! I know.....instead of a GPS, I looked up Tricia's postings because I couldn't find it upstairs either.

I also knew I had posted on this thread, but it is now gone.

ETA: I think some posts bit the dust...............I know mine did.

To my recollection:

Marc said that the government of the state of CA is not following the procedure outlined in Jessica's Law which states that immediately before a sex offender is released, that person must go through a release process whereupon several evaluations are then performed by psychiatrists. This is not being done in many cases, they being released based only from what has been documented on paper up to that point.

Am I getting this right?

Sadly this doesn't shock me!! Actually had they been enforcing it now that would've shocked me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong