Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance this could happen. The pork or chicken you speak of is a "processsed" food. It has been prepped with additives and preservatives and will not decompose in the manner in which a recently deceased human with aerobic/anaerobic oxygen consumption.

Processed meat will not produce coffin wax nor coffin flies. I'll concede the "meat" will go bad and probably not look very appetizing and maybe even smell bad. But will not reproduce the similar characteristics of human decomposition. JMO
Thx for the "meaty" info!

Correct. The defense has had these docs for at least a week or more. Once docs are released to the opposing party, public records requests must be satisfied. There are no leaks. THe motion to dismiss may have been the defenses response to the evidence they had jut received, but that occurred before the PUBLIC release of these docs.

Thanks for clarifying that, I was beginning to think I was thinking in a backwards sort of way.:waitasec:

Not laughing. :shutup:

To be specific, can you provide individual links that help us better understand:

• The use of chloroform as a refrigerant.
  • The production of chloroform as a result of leaving oscar mayer deli meat in a vehicle trunk.
  • The production of coffin wax and coffin flies as a result of the juice left over in a trash bag from the aforementioned deli meat.
  • The production of chloroform by animals.
TIA!

Here is the link to the animal decomp:
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adipocere[/ame]

I dont remember someone saying it was deli meat. Is that on report? I saw Oscar mayer

I don't want to get into any trouble for being too OT and the response I'm going to have to put together about the benzodiazepines in the bulk hair sample is probably going to get really long (there is just a lot of info to cover)...so I'm wondering if you guys can give me some advice on where to post it?? TIA, everyone!

My two cents is to start a thread since you can dechiper the language and clarify professionally. Thanks for doing this, it will help a great deal.

I totally agree with you. She was a person of opportunity. She couldn't even be bothered stepping off of the road to hide the body of her daughter, I don't see her fighting with a sharps box in the home. I think she saw quick and easy access and snatched it from someone at some point.

Super weird, but I know nothing about teeth and maybe that is how it goes?

When the teeth begin to go, they really go! Luckily, I'm having every one of them pulled out and am going to get dentures. They started degrading several years ago and it's been Dental Drama ever since! I hope both of us get free of tooth trouble! :)

KC strikes me as an opportunist and as you say, she's a lazy opportunist. She's not going to really struggle any of this out. If she had, she would have gotten away with it. She made so many stupid mistakes that if the act hadn't been so utterly evil, it would be laughable.

In my opinion, the crime itself was a crime of opportunity. I don't think she really thought it out at all. It was poorly executed (thank goodness it was so that she *will* be held accountable) and shows that she really isn't quite as bright as she might think she is. I would say an average 12-year-old who has watched a few episodes of CSI would have been more thorough. KC might as well have left a trail of bread crumbs.

~*

I get some info off wikipedia. The problem is that some of the google and wikipedia links seem to be considering chlorine or chlorinated water a form of chloroform. Is it?

Snipped:

From one WSer to another...stay away from wikipedia. It is making the population dumber as we speak.

Chlorine nor chlorinated water are not a form of chloroform.

What makes you think this is processed food? I buy fresh chicken and fresh pork.

Okay. That made me smile. And in a day where smiles have not been plentiful...thanks. :dance: Probably the wrong choice of smilie.

One good thing about this board is that theories and research are always welcome.

I will say that the hair with the deathband, decomp on the paper towels, smell in the car, body farm tests, bug report it would be impossible to argue that the dead baby was not in the trunk. Which upsets everyone.

If the syringe/bottle/contents of can be linked to KC...then you have something even more frightening than one's child rotting in the trunk of their car. You have pure evil and not panic.

I doubt it will be the best that the SA can come up. I like you, but you appear to have an obvious bias as it relates to the prosecution, not just in this case. Not all defendents are innocent. Not all DA's offices are out to get the innocent.

SNIP....
It is not the prosecution's fault that KC claims a phantom did it. That is her fault.
BBM
ha ha ha, ya think?

This is not a Federal case. The FBI is not in control. Orlando's LE and D.A.'s office is on center stage.
...if I read correctly...testing was done by the FBI...we're on a thread that pertains to FBI testing of the contents of a bottle/syringe...you said (in so many words) "if this is all the SA has"...are you not referring to the FBI tests?

there is not a thread for that....but its been talked about in the today-reg-doc-dump thread :)

ooops its closed now....if you found something....you can start a thread on it....if there is nothing there....then just say nothing there that you found :)

Nothing that I found....mainly because they didn't find anything. :)
I can explain their method, give a general overview of the instrumentation, and tell you how they determined that there weren't any benzos in the hair sample (based on the chromatographs) but it's all just extra information, really. It'll take a while and be long (and I don't mind doing it) but I don't want to post it here since it's OT....I'll find somewhere to put it once I've got it all together. :)

About the DNA stuff....I don't have a strong enough background in that type of lab work to be useful. I have a friend that is very knowledgeable in that area and I'm sure they'd be happy to explain it to me. It's late here (nearly midnight in Arkansas) but I will contact them tomorrow and relay the information when I have a response for you!

I get some info off wikipedia. The problem is that some of the google and wikipedia links seem to be considering chlorine or chlorinated water a form of chloroform. Is it?

This is off of wikipedia:
Safety

As might be expected for an anesthetic, inhaling chloroform vapors depresses the central nervous system. It is immediately dangerous to life and health at approximately 500 ppm, according to the United States National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. Breathing about 900 ppm for a short time can cause dizziness, fatigue, and headache. Chronic chloroform exposure may cause damage to the liver (where chloroform is metabolized to phosgene) and to the kidneys, and some people develop sores when the skin is immersed in chloroform.

Though normally minute and diluted amounts are exposed to humans, chloroform can be harmful. Chloroform can be exposed via inhalation, ingestion of drinking water and foods made with chlorinated water, as well as dermal contact. It is readily excreted through exhalation, and minuscule amounts are excreted through urination and feces. The Environmental Protection Agency reports, a fatal oral dose of chloroform may be as low as 10 mL (14.8 g), with death due to respiratory or cardiac arrest [12].

With all due respect, Wikipedia is NOT a good solid source of information. I was researching asthma for my daughter years ago and about 1/4 of their information was accurate. From the Wikipedia site reads this "Volunteers do not need any formal training before creating a new article or editing an existing article." So any Joe Shmoe can create an article and call it factual. You will find MUCH conflicting information on this site, but it appears you've already learned that.

This is off of wikipedia:
Safety

As might be expected for an anesthetic, inhaling chloroform vapors depresses the central nervous system. It is immediately dangerous to life and health at approximately 500 ppm, according to the United States National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. Breathing about 900 ppm for a short time can cause dizziness, fatigue, and headache. Chronic chloroform exposure may cause damage to the liver (where chloroform is metabolized to phosgene) and to the kidneys, and some people develop sores when the skin is immersed in chloroform.

Though normally minute and diluted amounts are exposed to humans, chloroform can be harmful. Chloroform can be exposed via inhalation, ingestion of drinking water and foods made with chlorinated water, as well as dermal contact. It is readily excreted through exhalation, and minuscule amounts are excreted through urination and feces. The Environmental Protection Agency reports, a fatal oral dose of chloroform may be as low as 10 mL (14.8 g), with death due to respiratory or cardiac arrest [12].
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3897870#post3897870"]All About Chloroform#2 - Page 40 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thanks DogMom2JoeAndWillie for breaking this down for us. And for calling in a friend! Fantastic. Thanks!!!!

I think chloroform is also used in preserving food for refrigeration. So, if you had a bag of oscar mayer pork or tyson chicken in your trunk, I suppose the juice left over in the bag could break down to coffin wax and produce coffin flies and l believe also that animal decomp produces chloroform.

Here is the link to the animal decomp:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adipocere

I dont remember someone saying it was deli meat. Is that on report? I saw Oscar mayer

I went to that Wikipedia link, and I couldn't find the information you mentioned about animal decomp producing chloroform.

Could you point me to it? Thanks in advance!

Edit - sorry to JWG - didn't mean to duplicate your request.

With all due respect, Wikipedia is NOT a good solid source of information. I was researching asthma for my daughter years ago and about 1/4 of their information was accurate. From the Wikipedia site reads this "Volunteers do not need any formal training before creating a new article or editing an existing article." So any Joe Shmoe can create an article and call it factual. You will find MUCH conflicting information on this site, but it appears you've already learned that.

Several years ago, my son told me that they were told in Science class they could not use Wiki as a research tool. The teaching staff did their own research, and found too much that was not reliable and accurately sourced.

When the teeth begin to go, they really go! Luckily, I'm having every one of them pulled out and am going to get dentures. They started degrading several years ago and it's been Dental Drama ever since! I hope both of us get free of tooth trouble! :)

KC strikes me as an opportunist and as you say, she's a lazy opportunist. She's not going to really struggle any of this out. If she had, she would have gotten away with it. She made so many stupid mistakes that if the act hadn't been so utterly evil, it would be laughable.

In my opinion, the crime itself was a crime of opportunity. I don't think she really thought it out at all. It was poorly executed (thank goodness it was so that she *will* be held accountable) and shows that she really isn't quite as bright as she might think she is. I would say an average 12-year-old who has watched a few episodes of CSI would have been more thorough. KC might as well have left a trail of bread crumbs.

~*
OT but I am in the dental field upper dentures are fine but try to save all of the lower teeth that you can. Most people 95% do not have the mandibular ridge to support lower dentures without retaining at least 2-4 lower teeth and getting a partial rather than a full denture. I just hate to see something as permanent as removing teeth unless absolutely necessary on the lower dention.
Back on topic kc has been manipulative most of her adult life. I truly believe she still thinks that she will get a mistrial.

Nothing that I found....mainly because they didn't find anything. :)
I can explain their method, give a general overview of the instrumentation, and tell you how they determined that there weren't any benzos in the hair sample (based on the chromatographs) but it's all just extra information, really. It'll take a while and be long (and I don't mind doing it) but I don't want to post it here since it's OT....I'll find somewhere to put it once I've got it all together. :)

About the DNA stuff....I don't have a strong enough background in that type of lab work to be useful. I have a friend that is very knowledgeable in that area and I'm sure they'd be happy to explain it to me. It's late here (nearly midnight in Arkansas) but I will contact them tomorrow and relay the information when I have a response for you!

you are so sweet.....thank you so much for all the time you put in tonight!!

i wouldnt start a new thread for the drugs/bulk hair....since there isnt anything there....if someone thinks otherwise ....they can do it :)

i look forward to see what your friend has to say about the blood/semen stuff

:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members