MI MI - Sandra Loepp, 37, Washington Twp, 16 Dec 2012

What I'm hoping is a body shop in the metro area gets this car to work on and reports it, or a neighbor will see the car in a garage or driveway and report it.

As far as the temperature, it's been quite warm (warm for Michigan) lately, so it wouldn't have been too much of a hardship temperature-wise.

My brother lives in an affluent area and his car was repossessed (they can't really afford to still be living there but continue to do so), so he doesn't tell people he has no car and finds alternate transportation. Something similar might have occurred here. I can't answer about the husband, though--does seem hinky.

What I'm hoping is a body shop in the metro area gets this car to work on and reports it, or a neighbor will see the car in a garage or driveway and report it.

As far as the temperature, it's been quite warm (warm for Michigan) lately, so it wouldn't have been too much of a hardship temperature-wise.

My brother lives in an affluent area and his car was repossessed (they can't really afford to still be living there but continue to do so), so he doesn't tell people he has no car and finds alternate transportation. Something similar might have occurred here. I can't answer about the husband, though--does seem hinky.

:please: I certainly hope your right michmi and someone calls with a lead! Just seems so wrong for her children and family to have to be left wondering. I noticed one of her sons has posed on an article, about age 16ish. :(

There is also an ex-husband involved in this equation.....

~

:waitasec:

It may be warmer than usual during the day but at 1am? It's cold. This girl seems a bit prissy to me to be walking home from a bar alone in the cold-if she had a clear head. That's why I suspect she was not just drunk but angry drunk.

Guinevere, without divulging who I am and who told me...I know someone who knows these people. That's all I will say. I know this doesn't exactly count for much. But this is the word/talk. I can't verify it. But it seems worth mentioning since this behavior has had murderous results in other cases.

I hope they check the husband's car out before he has it fixed or gets rid of it....just in case.....

I hope they check the husband's car out before he has it fixed or gets rid of it....just in case.....

Reader it has been mentioned/rumored (no factual link) that her current husband does not own a vehicle at this time.

~

Guinevere, without divulging who I am and who told me...I know someone who knows these people. That's all I will say. I know this doesn't exactly count for much. But this is the word/talk. I can't verify it. But it seems worth mentioning since this behavior has had murderous results in other cases.

Just thought I had read that the "scuttlebutt" was on-line (ie. available for public reading).

Thanks for clearing that up for me KayKay. I completely understand your position.

I do find quite a few things amiss with this story so my curiosity is high :waitasec:

~

This article contains a bit more detail surrounding the events of that night. It does mention the husband leaving early but no metion of weather or not he owns a vehicle, left with someone else etc.

Also metions the car parts recovered and how they will use them to identify the type of vehicle they are looking for.

Also interesting comments about her being left at the bar alone by DH and how he possibly could have overlooked her not Making it home ..... hmmmmm thats what I thought too!

Macomb Daily

http://www.macombdaily.com/article/...run-victim-s-body-had-been-dragged#full_story

"She and her husband went out with another couple and some friends to eat at Santino’s on Saturday night. At some point, the husband decided to leave early and drove home. Loepp stayed behind and decided to walk home when the night was over."

"The car that hit her likely will have damage to the front end and passenger side. Evidence found at the scene is being analyzed to determine what type of vehicle it was."

~

Just thought I had read that the "scuttlebutt" was on-line (ie. available for public reading).

Thanks for clearing that up for me KayKay. I completely understand your position.

I do find quite a few things amiss with this story so my curiosity is high :waitasec:

~

It's both. Online and word of mouth amongst locals and friends of friends.

It's both. On-line and word of mouth amongst locals and friends of friends.

I stumbled upon the comments your speaking of today on-line.

Regardless of the circumstances, whom ever hit then left this poor woman to die in a parking lot on the side of the road needs to be brought to justice! :please:

I certainly hope LE is investigating all aspects and possible scenarios so that this family can get some type of closure on this horrific crime.

I google mapped all locations today. Bar, Home and Trailer park office.
This was a near 4 mile walk for her to get home. Thats an awful long way at 1am in December! It appears she was almost half way home when she was struck :(

I don't want to post anyones address here but when I did locate the home it appears to be in a VERY nice neighborhod. Home value in the $350,000 - $400,000 range, and not listed for sale I may add.

I can not imagine that the DH does not have a car?

~

I stumbled upon the comments your speaking of today on-line.

Regardless of the circumstances, whom ever hit then left this poor woman to die in a parking lot on the side of the road needs to be brought to justice! :please:

I certainly hope LE is investigating all aspects and possible scenarios so that this family can get some type of closure on this horrific crime.

I google mapped all locations today. Bar, Home and Trailer park office.
This was a near 4 mile walk for her to get home. Thats an awful long way at 1am in December! It appears she was almost half way home when she was struck :(

I don't want to post anyones address here but when I did locate the home it appears to be in a VERY nice neighborhod. Home value in the $350,000 - $400,000 range, and not listed for sale I may add.

I can not imagine that the DH does not have a car?

~

Don't believe it. Not for one minute. This is said friends "getting his back". No way he didn't have wheels. And even if he didn't, designated driver situation, he didn't walk home. He had a ride.

One more interesting tidbit. One of the women she was out with that night is the chief of police wife. Rumor has it she is the I can do what I want when I want type.

Interesting to note that the DF in this video, and one of the last people to see Sandra alive at the bar that night is the Romeo police chiefs wife :waitasec:.

Hard to believe she would let her friend leave the bar not knowing how she was getting home .......

~

Oops posted before I saw this. Yup. And as I said the talk is she is an out of control partier. Not sure about that but the Facebook pcs speak volumes. Booze bottles at every function. :-/

This story has the makings of a lifetime movie. If you look at her Facebook page and that of her circle of friends these are very affluent people. It appears she may have been a trophy wife. There is also scuttlebutt online about "swinging" within this circle of friends. The night in question has the husband Vernon leaving the bar without her. Why?! Then she leaves on foot at 1am and according to friends did not tell them she had no ride. They also claim Vern also didn't have a car. Why not? I think we can all assume there was alcohol and probably a fight of some sort involved here. I know the area very well where she was hit. I grew up there. She had quite a walk from the bar to her home and in December Michigan temps....it doesn't add up. Also why wasnt the husband out looking for her? She wasn't found until 8:30 am!! What was he doing? He didn't keep in contact with her? I'm not buying it.

I’m not sure where some of the people are getting information which seems to be based on rumors. I can assure you this is no “Lifetime movie.” It is a terrible tragedy. It is very hurtful to read some of these inappropriate, misinformed and disrespectful posts. Friends and family trying to cope with this loss can and are reading these ridiculous posts. I live in the subdivision and I am proud that, like my neighbors, my spouse and I have worked hard all our lives to be able to give our children the best possible house, neighborhood and life we can. Yes, our neighborhood is close-nit, but there is no nonsense going on, which I have read in other posts. If you call attending a holiday parties, outings to sports events/concerts and Friday night family fish fry nights during Lent wild and crazy, I think you have something wrong in your head.
I did not attend this year’s neighborhood Christmas party at the bar Saturday night, but many couples in our neighborhood did. We are friends with Sandra and her husband and they are great people.
Here are the facts:
It was a Christmas party, not some seedy gathering. They were using the Santino bus and a few DD’s to make sure no one was drinking and driving. That’s why no one had a car. The husband did leave, knowing his wife wanted to stay with a large group of people (friends) and she had several safe ways to get home. She did not tell people she was leaving. They would have never in a million years let her walk home. There was nothing nefarious about the events that took place, until she was brutally run down and her lifeless body was left by the side of the road by some horrific person.
We don’t know why she left by herself, not telling anyone. We don’t know why she started walking home (3 miles). Frankly, if we did, it wouldn’t change a thing.
Sandra was just a really nice person who happened to be really beautiful. She was not a “trophy wife.” She was feisty and funny, and would help anyone at any time. Her husband is a great guy too and had nothing what-so-ever to do with her death.
As for the facts, I live in the neighborhood. I know “these” people. And, for those that are speculating about the news reports, I can tell you, I have read errors in some the reports. Also, LE is not going to release all the details of an active investigation to the press. Did it ever occur to you that reports were vague for a reason? They’re trying to figure out what happened and had no idea who could have been involved when they started their investigation. They’re trying to find the person who hit her.
Please have some respect. We haven’t even had her funeral yet and are trying to process this terrible loss. Please base your comments and thoughts on facts not “talk” from God knows who. To me, a lot of the comments just seem to be lies made up by a possible disgruntled neighbor who didn’t get invited to the last purse party. For gosh sakes, let us mourn her, remember her and celebrate her life.

I’m not sure where some of the people are getting information which seems to be based on rumors. I can assure you this is no “Lifetime movie.” It is a terrible tragedy. It is very hurtful to read some of these inappropriate, misinformed and disrespectful posts. Friends and family trying to cope with this loss can and are reading these ridiculous posts. I live in the subdivision and I am proud that, like my neighbors, my spouse and I have worked hard all our lives to be able to give our children the best possible house, neighborhood and life we can. Yes, our neighborhood is close-nit, but there is no nonsense going on, which I have read in other posts. If you call attending a holiday parties, outings to sports events/concerts and Friday night family fish fry nights during Lent wild and crazy, I think you have something wrong in your head.
I did not attend this year’s neighborhood Christmas party at the bar Saturday night, but many couples in our neighborhood did. We are friends with Sandra and her husband and they are great people.
Here are the facts:
It was a Christmas party, not some seedy gathering. They were using the Santino bus and a few DD’s to make sure no one was drinking and driving. That’s why no one had a car. The husband did leave, knowing his wife wanted to stay with a large group of people (friends) and she had several safe ways to get home. She did not tell people she was leaving. They would have never in a million years let her walk home. There was nothing nefarious about the events that took place, until she was brutally run down and her lifeless body was left by the side of the road by some horrific person.
We don’t know why she left by herself, not telling anyone. We don’t know why she started walking home (3 miles). Frankly, if we did, it wouldn’t change a thing.
Sandra was just a really nice person who happened to be really beautiful. She was not a “trophy wife.” She was feisty and funny, and would help anyone at any time. Her husband is a great guy too and had nothing what-so-ever to do with her death.
As for the facts, I live in the neighborhood. I know “these” people. And, for those that are speculating about the news reports, I can tell you, I have read errors in some the reports. Also, LE is not going to release all the details of an active investigation to the press. Did it ever occur to you that reports were vague for a reason? They’re trying to figure out what happened and had no idea who could have been involved when they started their investigation. They’re trying to find the person who hit her.
Please have some respect. We haven’t even had her funeral yet and are trying to process this terrible loss. Please base your comments and thoughts on facts not “talk” from God knows who. To me, a lot of the comments just seem to be lies made up by a possible disgruntled neighbor who didn’t get invited to the last purse party. For gosh sakes, let us mourn her, remember her and celebrate her life.

TruthTold Welcome to the forum and thank you for your input in regards to this case.

So sorry for your loss. This is a terrible tragedy and my heart goes out to her family and friends and especially the children.

I can see you are a new member and most likely are here as a result of your friend/neighbors horrific accident.

Please be assured that (I can only speak for myself) I am not passing any judgment or making accusations about anyone involved, only posing a few questions as to the events surrounding Sandra's untimely demise. If you are able to shed light or wish to share information please feel free to share. This is a crime web site and thats what people tend to do here.

IMHO this is probably the actions of a drunk driver who did not want to face getting caught. So sad that there are heartless human beings out there that would do such an awful thing and leave your friend/neighbor out in that parking lot that way :(

I pray that LE is successful in finding and bringing to justice the individual(s) that are responsible.

~

I can totally understand rumors get started. And I can totally understand erroneous media reports. But I'm not ready to call the person who hit her horrific or accuse THEM just yet. Let's put this in perspective. She was drinking correct? On a dark road correct? It is quite possible the driver didn't see her and panicked. Leaving her was a terrible terrible thing to do. I will not carry on the rumors anymore. But I'm also not buying this claim that her friends just didn't know why or when she left. Sorry. I'm not buying it. Some of this seems to me to be putting perfume on the pig.

And Truthtold why was she not found until a stranger found her? Where was Vern? Why didn't he go out and look for her? His wife is gone all night and he is too unconcerned to head out on to vandyke himself? Too drunk? I mean come on. You have to understand this whole scenario is so questionable. You can't get so angry with people for having doubts and questions.

I can totally understand rumors get started. And I can totally understand erroneous media reports. But I'm not ready to call the person who hit her horrific or accuse THEM just yet. Let's put this in perspective. She was drinking correct? On a dark road correct? It is quite possible the driver didn't see her and panicked. Leaving her was a terrible terrible thing to do. I will not carry on the rumors anymore. But I'm also not buying this claim that her friends just didn't know why or when she left. Sorry. I'm not buying it. Some of this seems to me to be putting perfume on the pig.

BBM

As far as the person who hit her.... well I'm sorry but I would have to call stopping and pulling the body of a person you just hit, accidental or not, from under your car and then leaving them helpless in a parking lot in the middle of the night and not calling for help is Horrific :( Just MHO but I can not fathom anyone with any moral decency doing such a thing.

Its totally possible that Sandra could have been intoxicated enough to actually fall into the roadway or stumble into the path of an oncoming car but they won't know much about that until toxicology reports come back. Heck she could have even tripped walking in the dark ... but we won't know because the person who hit her didn't stop and get her help ...... Sad no matter how it happened.

~

And I totally agree. What they did was a really really bad call. But she also made a bad call. Trust me in that locals know that road is NOT safe especial at 1am. And I guess I'm not good at making my point. Her choice was bad the drivers choice was bad but HOW is it her own husband had no clue she was missing? And don't buy the denials about this area and this clique. The purse party comment proves the mentality.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back