2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion

Well here they go again, this attempt at having the sexual relationship with Tony precluded the Defense is only drawing more attention to it, and they will no doubt lose. She did have a sexual relationship with him, it is relevant because that is whence she ran straight after the murder, and goes a long way towards explaining her behavior and state of mind at the time she murdered Caylee, and for the month afterwards.

Screenshot2010-12-22at100746AM.png

Screenshot2010-12-22at100849AM.png

So very much looking to the prosecution response to these motions.

In each of these, odd how they all read the same, the are asking for 30 days for State to respond, 10 more days for their response back, set a date for hearing, probably 2 weeks...
30 days, 40 days, 50-60 days...good grief!!

Muzikman, I've said it before, but thanks just is not enough!!! Thank you for all you do for us!!

These motions are a joke. Full of the usual spelling and grammar errors, "Passed sexual relations", etc. Anyway, what kills me is how at the end, he asks Perry to order the prosecution to respond "within 30 days" and set a hearing, etc. But the deadline for these to be heard is in just 3 days, right?

Freudian slip? Maybe he was thinking "passed sexual disease?"

Casey's collection of 'motions filed' is quite extensive by now and there will be more to come. An inmate is allowed to keep all of his/her legal paperwork in their cell even though there is a limit as to how much personal correspondence they may keep. I do not think she will enjoy reading these last motions filed, and will like Judge Perry's rulings even less.

I try to imagine what Casey might think as she reads these motions and what her reactions are. The road to trial is going to get progressively harder for her, IMO, as she really begins to understand just what all will be said in court about her and that she is powerless to stop it. I will never forget the day in the courtroom where she begged Andrea Lyon to make Ashton stop what he was saying as he was alluding to Casey's face may have been the last one Caylee may have seen. It is high time that Casey is shown just how tough it really is going to be when all sorts of things are said about her in the hearings. I think she is beginning to get a dose of reality. I cannot wait to see what Judge Perry's decisions will be on these motions.

I really think if Mason had his way, he would have Casey seriously consider a deal (not that there is one on the table) for LWOP. No way is Casey or the Anthony's going to make it through a trial without losing it or being held in contempt, IMO.

I am forever anxiously awaiting further developements, LOL.

According to the MOTY handbook, 30.401(1) there can be no mention, no hint of the following:
MOTY contestant must not be seen or known or rumored to be a liar, cheat, thief, or of a promiscuous nature. This just is not done.
MOTY contestant must not be seen or known or rumored to have ever touched a shovel. It simply isn't done.
MOTY contestant must not be seen or known or rumored to carry a kitchen knife in her car. Very unseemly.
MOTY contestant must not be seen or known or rumored to have texted, sexted, or engaged in passed promiscuous behavior. The very idea. Disqualification immediate.
MOTY contestant must not be seen or known or rumored to look at a map.
MOTY contestant must not be seen or known or rumored to have any knowledge.
MOTY contestant must not be seen or known or rumored to lie about the whereabouts of her child. Disqualification immediate!
MOTY contestant must not be seen or known or rumored to bring her child to parties where adult libations and other stimulants are enjoyed. PULEEZE!
MOTY contestant must not be seen or known or rumored to have a father who has a mini stroke, hits two squirrels for fear that those dead squirrels plastered to the front of the car bra might scurry to the trunk.
MOTY contestant must be seen or known or rumored to be called MOM by her closest, yet left in the dust and dark old friends.
MOTY contestant must...have a child...

You just crack me UP...rofl

Thank you. This circus cracks me up!
The whole idea that these motions are made citing cases in an attempt to say THIS defense does not want to cause more money being spent, shorter case, not wanting to cloud issues, confuse jurors, etc, just makes me laugh out loud!! Mason and Co is slick, but not slick enough for WS!!
And even funnier, ICA, Mother Superior Casey, MOTY, or Muffin to her bffs has an innate fear of clowns, and yet...her defense team rival the Insane Clown Posse!!
397128807_e39c30e7ef.jpg

Mason and JB

Which reminds me of a certain hairbrush that Cindy passed off to LE. She didn't give them Caylee's brush, but a brush used by both Caysey and Caylee. Well, before she decided not to give them the dogs brush.

:innocent:

Mel

remember she gave the real one to jb......

I agree. The fact that she had sexual relations with him the entire time Caylee was "missing" IS relevant IMO.

He'll testify about her waking up with nightmares a few times. Why will the jurors think she was sleeping in his bed? Or is that next?

perhaps that tiffany ring was a "purity ring".....thus :innocent:

Wow, this could be a pretty B I G deal breaker then. Henry Lee seems quite entrenched in his standoff: no money ~ no deposition for the state ~ no Lee expert testimony?

or a convenient excuse as to why he won't testify other than he found nothing and the State is correct in their assumptions...the car still stinks and nothing else points to anyone else...alas no money, no report, no testimony----and jb can blame the State of Flordia for not allowing payment....(yes I know that jb was to provide receipts and such BUT I don't think jb is much in to that silly accounting bit!)

"Ms. Anthony has been charged with capital first degree murder, aggravated child abuse, and four counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer," the motion states. "Evidence that there was a history of lying or stealing does not tend to prove any element of the offenses for which she is charged and, thus, is inadmissible as irrelevant."
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_1_casey-anthony-sexual-history-caylee-marie

How is her lying irrelevant? Not one word stated out of her mouth was truth, she readily admits this. She lied and allowed wild goose chases to occur, everyone was looking for Caylee but ICA. Not one valuable word uttered. It's very relevant and I can't wait to hear and watch those State Attorneys argue this and ICA might just loose it during the hearing. She's growing angrier and meaner by the hour. I watched her strut out of this last hearing and had a huge smirk for someone in the audience...I do hope she continues this behavior in front of the jury. She will be hated and it's relevent! JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Apparantly not. :coffeeup:

Against what's left of my better judgement...:rolleyes:

There's a new thread [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166"]here[/ame] moving from "General" discussion to a specific topic re: relevancy of Casey's Lies, Stealing & Social/Sex Life.

There's an invisible sign that only the mods can see over that thread that reads, "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enters Here". :HBwhiteflag:

Will do what we can to sort this out. Just do your part to post w/ TOS in mind and keep the nightmare PG-rated. TIA.

Just as a general comment to all of the motions.

I have to say that these were comical yet the most boring motions that I have read lately. The case laws cited were identical (or nearly identical) for all! As previous posters have pointed out, cookie-cutter and poorly written.

I don't think that CM really believes any of these motions are going to go through. Perhaps he just wants them on the record for appeal later and did not want to lose the opportunity by passing deadlines (which he did anyways!).

I wonder how the Judge is going to receive them. I imagine he will not be too happy to sit through JB and CM whining.

Casey's collection of 'motions filed' is quite extensive by now and there will be more to come. An inmate is allowed to keep all of his/her legal paperwork in their cell even though there is a limit as to how much personal correspondence they may keep. I do not think she will enjoy reading these last motions filed, and will like Judge Perry's rulings even less.

I try to imagine what Casey might think as she reads these motions and what her reactions are. The road to trial is going to get progressively harder for her, IMO, as she really begins to understand just what all will be said in court about her and that she is powerless to stop it. I will never forget the day in the courtroom where she begged Andrea Lyon to make Ashton stop what he was saying as he was alluding to Casey's face may have been the last one Caylee may have seen. It is high time that Casey is shown just how tough it really is going to be when all sorts of things are said about her in the hearings. I think she is beginning to get a dose of reality. I cannot wait to see what Judge Perry's decisions will be on these motions.

I really think if Mason had his way, he would have Casey seriously consider a deal (not that there is one on the table) for LWOP. No way is Casey or the Anthony's going to make it through a trial without losing it or being held in contempt, IMO.

I am forever anxiously awaiting further developements, LOL.

You have made some good points here, and I'd like to add - we were wondering what she was furiously writing and yakking about with her Defense team, giving those looks and smirking on her way out.

I guess these motions were the little secret she was gloating about - imagining everyone's expressions. And I'm guessing she is assuming these motions will be granted. Um - no ICA, I don't think so. Too late to reinvent.

Actually, if we could just cut out all the lying, cheating and stealing involved in this case, it would be a mighty short trial, would it not?

You have made some good points here, and I'd like to add - we were wondering what she was furiously writing and yakking about with her Defense team, giving those looks and smirking on her way out.

I guess these motions were the little secret she was gloating about - imagining everyone's expressions. And I'm guessing she is assuming these motions will be granted. Um - no ICA, I don't think so. Too late to reinvent.

I'm so happy you brought up the smirking! I actually wanted to comment on the hearing thread but it has been closed by the mods. I think she knew about the motions (hell, perhaps she is the one who wrote them up...practicing her new future career!). I have also figured out what all of the facial contorting is. She is trying to surpress smiles. She was chewing her lips and pulling her mouth back, but this time her eyes were definitely smiling...and you hit the nail on the head as to why!

I'm so happy you brought up the smirking! I actually wanted to comment on the hearing thread but it has been closed by the mods. I think she knew about the motions (hell, perhaps she is the one who wrote them up...practicing her new future career!). I have also figured out what all of the facial contorting is. She is trying to surpress smiles. She was chewing her lips and pulling her mouth back, but this time her eyes were definitely smiling...and you hit the nail on the head as to why!

Oh good - glad you agree. I had this sense of a kind of weird dishelvelment (that might not be an actual word) and excitement about her she was having trouble keeping down. It wasn't like but was similar to that look on her face when she was first arrested. Just not as blatant, but she was definitely excited about something and could barely contain it.

I just remember watching her and thinking - hmmm something is up, and it's not what's happening in this hearing.

I find it very patronizing the way they put interviewed in quotes. "So and so was 'interviewed' by so and so. Please. It's as if they are implying they really waterboarded them or something.

Just heard on the local news that a hearing has been scheduled for January 3 at 1:30 p.m. to hear these motions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back