Jason Young to get new trial #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a trace of blood on her is NOT a fact. Repeating it over and over again doesn't change that. MF describes dried blood on CY's toenails in her testimony.

"Nothing CY says on the 911 call is consistent with her being alone" Really? She talks about wanting a washcloth, and mommy has boo boo's. How is this not consistent with her being alone?

EMS checked on CY and did not see any blood on her feet.

The chatter doesn't indicate that she was alone.

Not a trace of blood on her is NOT a fact. Repeating it over and over again doesn't change that. MF describes dried blood on CY's toenails in her testimony.

"Nothing CY says on the 911 call is consistent with her being alone" Really? She talks about wanting a washcloth, and mommy has boo boo's. How is this not consistent with her being alone?

Did they collect a sample of the blood under her toe nails or did police mention this in testimony?

Sent from your mom's smartphone

If they hadn't been washed, the stains should have been bright red and very noticeable. It seems they were very faint indicating that the pants were likely washed.

Not bright red, probably dark brown. In the pictures of the pajamas, where parts were cut out for testing, there's areas that look yellowish, like washed blood stains to me.
As I said previously, I don't understand why the defense never asked the lab guy if the pajamas had been washed. From my understanding, the chemical they use to detect the presence of blood will detect it whether or not the article of clothing had been washed, so even if the lab tech were to say, "I don't know if they had been washed" that would be enough to raise reasonable doubt.

One theory held the possibility of CY being drugged, and, one theory held the possibility of her being taken from the home. I don't know if we will ever know which one is true.

I don't think we will unless JY tells us and I believe he never will........

Not bright red, probably dark brown. In the pictures of the pajamas, where parts were cut out for testing, there's areas that look yellowish, like washed blood stains to me.
As I said previously, I don't understand why the defense never asked the lab guy if the pajamas had been washed. From my understanding, the chemical they use to detect the presence of blood will detect it whether or not the article of clothing had been washed, so even if the lab tech were to say, "I don't know if they had been washed" that would be enough to raise reasonable doubt.

Excellent point. That one simple question could have gone a long way.

By the way, jova33 --- I came across the evidence of the unidentified blood from a shoe in Jason's closet. It was in Michelle Hannon's testimony. A small amount of blood was found on the outer toe area of one of JY's Adidas shoes that had been stored in his closet. They obtained a full DNA profile from that blood and were unable to identify it. They didn't collect the shoe until '09 from a storage shed in Brevard. Could you imagine if it had been JY's blood how far they would have played that up at trial? Since it was not his blood, there was no mention of it by the State. Had it not been for the Defense questioning Hannon, we would have never heard of it.

Please stop bickering. If something is being disputed, please link it up. Please do NOT claim anything as a fact unless you link it. If you are not going to link it, then it's just your opinion and recollection of what was said at the previous trials.

Salem

ETA: I'll set up a new thread in just a bit here.

Excellent point. That one simple question could have gone a long way.

By the way, jova33 --- I came across the evidence of the unidentified blood from a shoe in Jason's closet. It was in Michelle Hannon's testimony. A small amount of blood was found on the outer toe area of one of JY's Adidas shoes that had been stored in his closet. They obtained a full DNA profile from that blood and were unable to identify it. They didn't collect the shoe until '09 from a storage shed in Brevard. Could you imagine if it had been JY's blood how far they would have played that up at trial? Since it was not his blood, there was no mention of it by the State. Had it not been for the Defense questioning Hannon, we would have never heard of it.

Where is your link?

Salem

Please stop bickering. If something is being disputed, please link it up. Please do NOT claim anything as a fact unless you link it. If you are not going to link it, then it's just your opinion and recollection of what was said at the previous trials.

Salem

ETA: I'll set up a new thread in just a bit here.

jumping off of Salem's reminder: we do not discuss family members that have not been named as a suspect or speculate upon them. If the theory comes up in the third trial we can go there at that time discussion-wise.

This is a re-trial for the fact that the wrongful death suite was introduced in the trial. We do not know what influenced the last jury in their decision. Until the next trial occurs and a new jury is seated and hears all the factual evidence links need to be provided in what you post as a fact and anyone not named a suspect or person of interest is off limits for discussion.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/third-trial-ordered-for-north-carolina-man-in-wifes-2006-killing/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam