TIMELINE - Where was Alcala and when?

Im not sure iam posting this under the correct spot for alcala but i was jjust watching a tv show called Investigators and they had a case that was exstremly simmilar his name was ray bradburry and he took pics of women ,told them he was a model agent and killed quite a few the los angelas police have 3 posters of women thay cant account for .It just reminded me of this case here ..

Here are two of the still missing apparent victims of Ray Bradburry:

April Cooper
cooper_april.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cooper_april.html

Laurie Lucas
lucas_laurie.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lucas_laurie.html

Alcala is being investigated as a possible suspect in the disappearance of Rachel Hanna Ziselman. She was last seen on September 5, 1977 in Pacific Palisades, California.

Here's the link:

http://www.palipost.com/still-searching-for-rachel-a-serial-killer-connection/

In the summer of 1977, a man took a picture of two girls (without them knowing) then showed it to them and offered to take more in his van. They declined but one of the girls kept the picture. After she saw the image of the man from the "Dating Game" footage, she (and her friend) were convinced that it was Alcala. They say he may have referred to himself as "Rod". It's still ongoing but it might end up being true.

The picture taken of the girls is included in the article as well.

Alcala is being investigated as a possible suspect in the disappearance of Rachel Hanna Ziselman. She was last seen on September 5, 1977 in Pacific Palisades, California.

Here's the link:

http://www.palipost.com/still-searching-for-rachel-a-serial-killer-connection/

In the summer of 1977, a man took a picture of two girls (without them knowing) then showed it to them and offered to take more in his van. They declined but one of the girls kept the picture. After she saw the image of the man from the "Dating Game" footage, she (and her friend) were convinced that it was Alcala. They say he may have referred to himself as "Rod". It's still ongoing but it might end up being true.

The picture taken of the girls is included in the article as well.

O my God, another possible victim. I'm still working on the man in the foliage picture but am going to check Rachel out. Thank you for this new info.

Alcala's visit to a family in El Paso in August 1977 coincided nicely with the disappearance of Christine Ruth Thornton as posted by her sister on the Woman on Motorcycle thread. She is listed as disappearing from San Antonio, TX, in August 1977.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?98656-Woman-on-Motorcyle&p=11084444#post11084444

The motorcycle thread and one other thread report that Alcala has indeed been charged with Thornton's murder. Alcala's wiki also mentions this.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-Thornton/page5&highlight=Christine+Thornton

I just watched 48 Hours about Rodney Alcala. I have no idea if this was him, but in 1977, when I was about 11 years old, there was a guy who lived on his own at the end of my street in a little town called Washington, New Jersey. It's only about 1 hour from New York City. He only lived there for a short time, maybe 1 or 2 months, but I remember him vividly. In looking at pictures of him, he looked like Rodney Alcala, but his hair was short. I'm trying to remember his name, but John Berger sounds familiar. Anyway, he used to take pictures of my friend and I on our way home from school (we had to walk past where he lived). He told us that he was a professional photographer and was working on his portfolio. He gave us one of the pictures and I may still have it. I remember that we had our ears pierced and he took pictures of our profiles so he could see our earrings. My friend and I went into his house once and then I remember my friend telling me that she went there alone once. I remember being so mad at her. She said that she felt like she was drugged and described it as a "dizzy spell" after leaving. All I know is that he wasn't there long and was suddenly gone. I didn't have a good gut feeling about this guy at the time and looking back, even it this man wasn't Rodney Alcala, I am thankful that we're still here, because many people weren't so lucky.

Thank you for that!

Two details that tragically highlight the general stupidity of the criminal justice system:

06/16/1977
(age) 34
Released on parole after being pronounced “re-reformed” due to the self-improvement programs completed while in prison, under the condition that he report to a parole officer weekly.

Summer 1977
Parole officer approved request made by Alcala, allowing him to travel to New York to visit
relatives.

I just watched 48 Hours about Rodney Alcala. I have no idea if this was him, but in 1977, when I was about 11 years old, there was a guy who lived on his own at the end of my street in a little town called Washington, New Jersey. It's only about 1 hour from New York City. He only lived there for a short time, maybe 1 or 2 months, but I remember him vividly. In looking at pictures of him, he looked like Rodney Alcala, but his hair was short. I'm trying to remember his name, but John Berger sounds familiar. Anyway, he used to take pictures of my friend and I on our way home from school (we had to walk past where he lived). He told us that he was a professional photographer and was working on his portfolio. He gave us one of the pictures and I may still have it. I remember that we had our ears pierced and he took pictures of our profiles so he could see our earrings. My friend and I went into his house once and then I remember my friend telling me that she went there alone once. I remember being so mad at her. She said that she felt like she was drugged and described it as a "dizzy spell" after leaving. All I know is that he wasn't there long and was suddenly gone. I didn't have a good gut feeling about this guy at the time and looking back, even it this man wasn't Rodney Alcala, I am thankful that we're still here, because many people weren't so lucky.

Scary story. We are glad you are here too and thanks for sharing. Based on the linked timeline he would have been in the NY area in 1977 so its very possible that could have been him.

We all did foolish things when we were young and that is how these predators like him worked. They relied on people making simple mistakes of trusting someone. When we are young we tend to trust people because we havent met many yet that we cant trust.

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Psyc 405/serial killers/Alcala. Rodney _2012_.pdf

I'm glad you and your friend came out of that alive and well. That could easily have been Alcala. You were very fortunate.

It's too bad we're going to have to wait several more decades for him to finally be executed. He might be 100 years old by the time justice is delivered. This is crazy California and the system is completely broken.

By the way, WELCOME to Websleuths!

Why have I never heard of Acala....??? Is there a documentary or anything I can catch up with??

According to this link, he only worked at the summer camp after Crilley's murder. He actually lived in New Hampshire. Does anyone know where? And was that camp in Sunapee?

Rodney Alcala: The Killing Game

Another question. Long time ago I read about him living in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Is this correct?

Last edited:
According to this link, he only worked at the summer camp after Crilley's murder. He actually lived in New Hampshire. Does anyone know where? And was that camp in Sunapee?

Rodney Alcala: The Killing Game

Another question. Long time ago I read about him living in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Is this correct?

I'm not sure about Michigan, but Georges Mills is basically part of Sunapee, NH. Formally you would say an unincorporated section, I guess? I'm somewhat local to the area, and people will specify something is in Georges Mills--there is still a post office there, for example--but you could say Sunapee, like this old article about the camp where creeper worked as John Berger, and not be "wrong."

At Sunapee, All Their World's a Stage (Published 1971)

Wanted to add this general area is still really rural/kind of behind the times even today, so I can only imagine what it was like back then. It is changing now with the times, but when we first moved here around 15 years ago, it felt like a small town in the 1980s. I kept thinking "Holy Cow, someone is going to just up and snatch a kid!" Can only imagine what kind of horror he managed to get away with....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back