GUILTY MS - James Anderson, 47, brutally killed in hate crime spree, Jackson, 26 June 2011

I read this story at work today and it made me sick. Beyond disgusting. I will be praying for Mr Anderson's family and friends. I hope justice is quick and severe.

JVM led her show with this story tonight.
What in the world would possess a human being to do something so vial and evil to another human being?
I'm at a loss for words! I just pray for this man's family and friends.
And hope justice is served quickly!

JVM led her show with this story tonight.
What in the world would possess a human being to do something so vial and evil to another human being?
I'm at a loss for words! I just pray for this man's family and friends.
And hope justice is served quickly!

Watching this now: I agree with what Jane said about the others that were with Dedmon. Teens these days are rarely without cellphones, people with cellphones are not helpless when it comes to doing something when they are witnessing a crime. It will be very upsetting if no one else is charged.

Like Brian Richardson said, this was a lynching. This is so incredibly disturbing, its horrifying.

I'm sure he'll make lots of friends in Prison.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-plead-to-federal-hate-crimes-in-miss-killing

Three white men pleaded guilty to federal hate crimes Thursday in connection with the 2011 death of an black man in Jackson, Miss., the Justice Department announced.

Deryl Dedmon, John Aaron Rice and Dylan Butler each admitted to conspiracy and violating the 2009 federal hate-crimes law in last June's killing of James Craig Anderson, according to federal prosecutors. They face sentences of up to life in prison and $250,000 in fines.

"We hope that today’s guilty pleas provide some closure to the victim’s family and to the grievously wounded community that has mourned Mr. Anderson’s death,” said Thomas E. Perez, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/local/2014/12/12/hates-crime-jackson-brandon/20331827/

Two Brandon women have pleaded guilty to federal hate crime charges in connection with a series of racially-motivated assaults on African Americans, which culminated in the death of James Craig Anderson in 2011...

Richards and Graves admitted that, beginning in the spring of 2011, they and others conspired with one another to harass and assault African Americans in west Jackson. On numerous occasions, the co-conspirators used dangerous weapons including beer bottles, sling shots and motor vehicles to cause and attempt to cause bodily injury to African-Americans. They would specifically target African-Americans they believed to be homeless or under the influence of alcohol because they believed that such individuals would be less likely to report an assault. The co-conspirators would often boast about these racially motivated assaults.

Richards and Graves admitted that on June 26, 2011, they encouraged their co-conspirators to leave Brandon with them to assault "******s," in Jackson. Richards further admitted that she encouraged her co-conspirator Deryl Paul Dedmon to hit Anderson with his truck. In addition, Richards admitted that she falsely told law enforcement officers that she did not remember a fight between Dedmon and Anderson, and that she did not encourage Dedmon to strike Anderson with his truck..

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-28...html?offset=0&max=100&jumpTo=comment-71379547

The two women from Brandon face a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine for breaking the hate crime law, while Richards faces an additional three years in prison and a $250,000 fine for concealing information about Anderson's death from investigators.

NOT long enough; in my opinion !!!! Disgusting ... all of them.
I am sorry your life ended in this manner, James.
My condolences to your loved ones.

http://presszoom.com/story_183882.html

John Louis Blalack, 20, and Robert Henry Rice, 24, both from Brandon, Mississippi, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Jackson to federal hate crime charges in connection with their roles in a series of assaults on African Americans in Jackson, Mississippi. Blalack and Rice are the ninth and 10th individuals associated with a group of people who conspired to target and assault African Americans based on their race in the spring of 2011...

Prior to today's guilty pleas, Deryl Paul Dedmon, 22; John Aaron Rice, 21; Dylan Wade Butler, 23; Jonathan Kyle Gaskamp, 22; and Joseph Paul Dominick, 23, all from Brandon, Mississippi, and William Kirk Montgomery, 25, from Puckett, Mississippi, Shelbie Brooke Richards, 21, from Pearl, Mississippi, and Sarah Adelia Graves, 21, from Crystal Springs, Mississippi, pleaded guilty in connection with their roles in these offenses. The conspiracy culminated in the death of James Craig Anderson, who was assaulted and killed on June 26, 2011.

Blalack pleaded guilty to two counts of violating the Matthew Shepard–James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act. Rice pleaded guilty to one count of violating the same act. The statutory maximum sentence for these violations is 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Sentencing for Blalack is set for April 23, 2015, and sentencing for Rice is set for April 30, 2015.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/02/10/anderson-hate-crime-three-sentenced/23200357/

In the victim impact statement, Bradfield, who was too emotional to speak and had a prosecutor read his statement, told Deryl Paul Dedmon, John Aaron Rice, and Dylan Wade Butler that he hoped they never see the light of day again. "There's no room on earth for people like you," he said.

The trio were sentenced to federal prison on Tuesday as a result of Anderson's 2011 death, a hate crime in which he was beaten and run over by a truck because of the color of his skin...

U.S. District Judge Carlton Reeves sentenced Dedmon to 50 years and five years to be served concurrently; John Aaron Rice to 18 1/2 years and five years to be served concurrently; and Dylan Wade Butler to seven years and five years to be served concurrently. None of them are eligible for probation.

From May:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...pi-racist-gang-sentenced-10-years-robert-rice

The last of a group of 10 young white defendants was sentenced on Friday for his role in a string of racially motivated assaults on black people in Mississippi, which ended with a horrific killing that echoed the worst violence of the civil rights era.

Robert Rice, 24, was ordered on Friday in Jackson, Mississippi, to serve 10 years in prison, the maximum sentence on charges of a felony hate crime and aggravated assault.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back