IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #1

It makes me wonder if that is what ended the searches Saturday, they found the body parts in the dumpsters?

yes, that is what I am thinking, too . . . found something that showed A was not alive

We all need to fight to have the law changed regarding needing probable cause for searches. Why do these murderers have so many rights when the victims don't? I will be writing to legislators for a change! It makes me so mad!! IMO LE need to immediately seal off any home a child or adult is reported to go missing from, look at the statistics of how many are killed in the home then disposed of elsewhere!! What is the harm, if nothing is found let it go, a goldmine of evidence can be lost!!

Many would not LIKE this, but I believe anyone convicted of any sex crime, violent crime, or breaking/entering should be subject for life to searches when a child goes missing in their immediate area. It could save lives. It would have saved Jessica Lunsford's life. :(

We all need to fight to have the law changed regarding needing probable cause for searches. Why do these murderers have so many rights when the victims don't? I will be writing to legislators for a change! It makes me so mad!! IMO LE need to immediately seal off any home a child or adult is reported to go missing from, look at the statistics of how many are killed in the home then disposed of elsewhere!! What is the harm, if nothing is found let it go, a goldmine of evidence can be lost!!

Wait! Laws are to protect us because we live in America where innocent until proven guilty.

Guys, I understand the heinousness of this crime, but we need to be realistic.

I still have to disagree with this sentiment. There is no reason that the actions of the minority should affect the rights and freedoms of the majority. Most of the time, when a child goes missing, they go missing from the home they lived in, and oftentimes there are other children in that home too. I would not want my children's lives to be any more traumatic at that point in time than necessary. Being without food, shelter, their toys, their clothes, and everything else familiar while their home is "sealed" for God know how long would make it harder for other kids involved in a missing persons investigation. In this case, there is no way that sealing the trailer immediately would have changed anything. At this time, it sounds like they recovered all or most of Aliahna's remains, regardless of the couple day wait, and going into the trailer immediately upon her being reported missing, would not have helped, she was already dead. It would have made things easier for us, as we would not have had to wonder for so long, but in all actuality, would have changed nothing for the victim. There is a lot of potential harm when the minority actions start changing things that are supported by the majority, such as the right to be secure in our homes. MOO.

Respectfully, I just want to comment on one thing that (in my opinion and experience) is a very commonly held misconception about child predators and prison.

There is a common held belief among the general public that sexual predators, and particularly those who target children, are loathed by everyone including inmates -- as if to say that even inmates find this behavior so horrific that they are compelled to action. Many even take satisfaction in this idea, that there will be some rough prison justice in the predator's future.

There is some small amount of truth and wishful thinking here covering a whole bunch of sillyness.

Almost everyone in a prison general population is a predator. They prey on anyone who they see as a potential victim, and most of them are not terribly discriminatory. At best they are sociopaths who really do not care about any of society's generally held ethics and morals. The gang kid might be in prison this time for stealing a car or selling some dope, but that's not the whole story. He has been involved in everything from random drive-by shootings, to drug and sex trafficking, robbery, extortion, violent assault and likely sexual assault, you name it. This fairly typical inmate doesn't give a flying F*U&K about some strangers kid. Most don't really give a damn about their own. The typical inmate would pimp his own kid out in a second if it enabled him to get something.

The real reason that child predators have such a hard time in prison general population is not that they victimized kids, but rather because the typical child predator is SOFT. An easy target. They tend to be older, they are usually not in the exception physical condition of the typical inmate, they are not used to fighting and violence, they are usually relatively new to the system, they have no friends already inside, and no gang affiliations. They are, in a word, victims for the other inmates to prey upon. And the inmates know that this is one category of victim that it is relatively safe to prey upon.

Which is why most child predators go straight into protective custody unit. They recieve the same priveleges and rights as any other inmate, they are surrounded by other similar inmates, many of whom are there for similar offenses. This is not to say that they are safe -- no one in prison is safe -- but they are as safe as one can be outside of death row or some kind of segregation.

But again, the idea that inmates have some ethical boundaries and that even these guys are horrified by crimes against children is, in a word, ridiculous.

Just my two-cents.

That's not what I have been told by persons I know in real life who work in the prison system. Both as nurses and prison guards. I've been told by persons who work in Cook County Jail and who had worked in the same prison Jeffrey Dahmer was murdered that pedofiles are in fact targeted by other inmates who have children of their own.

I just can't believe that he hit her with a brick on his front steps. Anyone could have heard or seen this. Was she trying to escape? Why was she outside? Did he bring her to a different area to assault her? I wonder if there will be his DNA on her remains? Where were the other two girls when he was cutting her up? How did he clean up the blood?

It's nice to think that children have nice parents. We want to believe other people are like us - caring, loving, honest - but the truth is they are not. What happened to Aliahna is gross and disgusting and horrible but how did it happen? How did he get her? How come he had her and the sisters there for days? Would any of you have allowed that?

This horror happened because no one was watching her. No one was taking care of her. She was put in harms way with some sick mother f&*K4r and if you think he acted fine and nice prior to this event then you are naive. The world is full of sick and very very selfish people and IMO my number one job as parent/grandparent is to protect mine from the monsters out there (... or down the street or across the alley or at the park!)

Rest in peace little one.

This is another case that deserves the DP.

If they needed a warrant to search they could have got it at any time. There is no doubt in my mind he gave permission to search the trailer. Police might have looked in the freezer for a whole little girl not expecting her to be in packages.

My thoughts as well Dr. It couldn't have been one of those "stand-alone" big freezers. Probably had a refrig with a big bottom drawer freezer. When LE is called about a missing child - they will scour the house/apt where the child last was - but they aren't thinking about opening fridge doors or freezers.

This is just SICK! Cubby is right - there has to be one horriffic crime scene somewhere. Luminol will find it. Maybe the bathroom - did his trailer have a tub?

Such a sad sad Christmas.

As for the justice.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF ALL OF THIS. This guy confessed. HE DID IT! With that, the "presumption" of innocence goes right out the window.

Justice should be swift. Put him to death. Over. He confessed HE DID IT.

Ok, wait for forensice and once you have his DNA on any of those body parts - DEATH. Swift and done.

It drives me crazy that now this guy will have rights and "privileges afforded" him BY OUR TAXPAYER MONEY! WHERE WERE ALIAHNA'S RIGHTS? huh?

Ok - I've said enough. Our laws have to change. Justice has to prevail. Our children are too precious.

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

*********off to sit on my hands now***********

I zoomed in and she is holding a cigarette in her hand...smoking it up while "sick"

I can't blame her for that one...whether I have the flu or not, I'm still a smoker, and yes, I smoke while I'm sick. Addiction is addiction.

If he cut her up there had to have been a LOT of blood evidence. How in the he77 did LE not connect the dots until the perp TOLD them they could find her in his freezer?

:furious: :furious: :furious: :thud:

I don't even want to type this, but there probably wasn't alot of blood because she was frozen ahead of time :cry:

If that was the case wouldn't the dumpster be surrounded by crime scene tape and swarmed with CSI peeps? I think someone would have reported if it was. Remember the Somer Thompson dumpster search that turned up nothing but we all knew it was happening because the media was there reporting on it?
Or did LE quietly confiscate it?
I wonder if they didn't have it quietly picked up once they found something in it.

Good Lord.

Can anyone show me in MSM or in an LE statement that little one's mother and or grandmother are being charged or knowingly participated in this crime?

Because until then, you can discuss Mom's choices and grandmother's statements to the media, but NO flaming, NO Bashing, No leaping off a cliff and tying them to the horror of this crime until we see something that indicates their guilty knowledge or that they committed any other crime associated with leaving the girls with MP.

So, according to the Probable Cause statement on 26 Decemeber he freely admitted to the crime . . . early Thursday morning (22) he killed her & late Thursday/early Friday (23) dismembered her, placed parts in dumpsters.

Typical keeping identifiable parts, such as the head & hands/feet . . .

I don't even want to type this, but there probably wasn't alot of blood because she was frozen ahead of time :cry:
But he hit her numerous times in the head with a brick on the front steps. Should have been blood splattered all over. You would think someone would have seen him cleaning that up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back