Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lawyer requested the courtroom to be cleared of the public several times, but this needs to be done by the judge. It is judge Hellmann who didn't do his job here.

No, he asked several times to clear the courtroom. It is the job of the judge to make sure the courtroom is cleared but Hellmann did not make sure everyone was out. It is not the job of the lawyer to keep looking around the courtroom if everyone is outside. It is the job of the judge. The judge Hellmann is at fault here. It is just another myth made up by the conspiracy sites to attack the lawyer.

can you back up the assertion that hellman attempted to clear the courtroom?

if maresca did not make the court aware that he was in fact going to show the photos, and it sounds like he did not, how would hellman know to clear the courtroom? is he supposed to be psychic?

I listened to quite a bit of the Podcast. (Generation whY)

It's refreshing to hear people who are not obsessed with the case, and more or less outside the loop, examine it with fresh eyes and from a common sense or lay perspective.

They speak of the Postal Police immediately seeing Filomena's room as staged. (and agree)

They also speak of Amanda's inconsistencies. (while viewing her I think liberally and giving her the benefit of the doubt)

They concede that Guede could have overpowered and killed Meredith as a lone wolf, but that the degree and kind of the injuries (the direction of the knife wounds as coming from 2 sources) seem to indicate others present and participating.

The 2 hosts appear to be leaning in their conclusions that Knox was involved in Kercher's murder.

Anyway, thanks Otto, for linking this :seeya:

Interesting, I've never read about the direction of the wounds in any of the documents. I've never heard such argument from the prosecution either.

I've seen this in Schneps's book but she either lies or confabulates things out of extreme bias and pure hate.

So what is the source of this? Do they say?

Two questions that went unanswered here recently but are quite interesting:

Do they try to answer why there was no trace of Amanda Knox in the room?

Do they try to answer why the police that by the time of the overnight interrogation regarded Amanda as a liar decided to arrest Lumumba only on her vague word, without checking his alibi?

Those photos were shown by PROSECUTORS not lawyers representing the victims family especially when there was protocol to clear the media when graphic crime scene photos were shown. Do you think Meredith's mother approved of her naked dead body photos being shown by her own attorney while the media clicked away? I don't.

I would assume not. However, they did not break with Maresca and continue to use him, so presumably they were not so offended as to find another attorney. I don't like viewing graphic crime scene photos, myself.

good points by both of you.

however, i agree more with SMK's point (and that actions speak loudly): that if the K's were truly horrified by maresca's action, he would have been fired. he wasn't.

good points by both of you.

however, i agree with SMK's point: that if the K's were truly horrified by maresca's action, he would have been fired. he wasn't.

You're assuming they are free to fire him at will. I think it's quite possible they can't fire him because he would charge them for the years of his "service" immediately.
While Maresca works for them, they can probably defer the payments until the 'big win' they are counting on. For example he may hope for being compensated from Raffaele's real estate or other payments finally ordered by court.

If they fire him before the trial ends, they owe him huge sums.

can you back up the assertion that hellman attempted to clear the courtroom?

if maresca did not make the court aware that he was in fact going to show the photos, and it sounds like he did not, how would hellman know to clear the courtroom? is he supposed to be psychic?

It was a murder trial, not public entertainment. What sort of sideways shift is happening when it seems reasonable to complain that murder scene photos were presented during a murder trial?

Interesting, I've never read about the direction of the wounds in any of the documents. I've never heard such argument from the prosecution either.

I've seen this in Schneps's book but she either lies or confabulates things out of extreme bias and pure hate.

Do they try to answer why the police that by the time of the overnight interrogation regarded Amanda as a liar decided to arrest Lumumba only on her vague word, without checking his alibi?
No. No, and no. :(

You're assuming they are free to fire him at will. I think it's quite possible they can't fire him because he would charge them for the years of his "service" immediately.
While Maresca works for them, they can probably defer the payments until the 'big win' they are counting on. For example he may hope for being compensated from Raffaele's real estate or other payments finally ordered by court.

That thought had never occurred to me:

That they are not at liberty to dismiss him, and are in a sense his hostages.... :eek: omg.....

Injuries from right and left: page 10, Massei

http://www.westseattleherald.com/si...ttachments/MasseiReportEnglishTranslation.pdf

That thought had never occurred to me:

That they are not at liberty to dismiss him, and are in a sense his hostages.... :eek: omg.....

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe that the lawyer has not been paid for six years. Don't believe every crazy allegation that is hurled at the lawyer for Meredith Kercher ... there seems to be a strong push to attack the lawyer, but there is no justification for the criticism.

For those that are fluent in Italian, is this translation correct?

“She opened the door with the keys and I went inside. I noticed that Filomena’s door was wide-open and glass on the floor and the room was in a mess. Amanda’s door was open and instead everything was in order. Then I went by Meredith’s door and I saw that it was key locked. First I looked if it was true what Amanda told me about blood in the bathroom and I noticed drops of blood in the sink, while on the bathmat there was something strange, a sort of mixture of water and blood, while the rest of the bathroom was clean… The rest was in order. At that very moment Amanda entered the big bathroom and came out frightened, strongly hugging me telling me that before, when she had the shower, she had seen some feces in the toilet that as opposed to now was clean. I asked myself what was happening and went out to see if I could manage to climb to Meredith’s window… I tried to breakdown the door but I didn’t succeed and at that point I decided to call my sister and get her advice because she is a lieutenant in the Carabinieri. She told me to call 112, but in the meantime the postal police arrived. In the previous statement I told you a lot of crap because she [AK] convinced me of her version of the facts and I didn’t think of the inconsistencies."

http://www.corriere.it/cronache/07_novembre_07/meredith_verbali_sarzanini.shtml

I think a valid question would be why in the world would someone link to a newspaper article dated November 7, 2007 to try and support a reasoning, when there are Court transcripts available? Are we seriously going down that route further?

I have seen Stefanoni referred to as a Dr. when in fact she does not have a doctorate.

I have seen photo shopped pictures of the knife imprint which are not accurate in measurement which is all available from the court transcripts.

After all this time, the various explanations, cites regarding luminol, it is still said to have tested positive for blood.

Please refer to the July 2009 testimony of Stefanoni in which it turned out she had tested with TMB. She lied under oath. The samples stated TOO LOW.

This was a lab not certified for regular DNA let alone LT DNA. There were no entrance protocols, special lighting, air filtration systems, and the list is long.

Too low means too low. Then she uses a methodology that has never been scientifically tested to validate it? Seriously? Admits that she is taking online courses? Seriously?

Yet everyone is conviced that Amanda lied?

Maybe it is time to look in the mirror and look at the true culprits being the investigators, Mignini and supporting staff. What they have done is completely and totally unethical.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe that the lawyer has not been paid for six years. Don't believe every crazy allegation that is hurled at the lawyer for Meredith Kercher ... there seems to be a strong push to attack the lawyer, but there is no justification for the criticism.
I understand that there is a bit of "Francesco-bashing" afoot all over the internet ;) -

However, civil attorneys often do take cases on contingency: When the mega-award comes in (I used to do press releases for a personal injury attorney whose awards were often 18.7 million) then the client releases "the cut" to the attorney. In this sense, the Kerchers maybe really must hang on - I know when my brother-in-law sued the county Prosecutor's office here, he too was not "free" to switch attorneys during the lengthy litigation: He simply couldn't pay up, at this point owing over 100K.

The Kerchers are not rich people. Six years of representing by Maresca, plus the forensic experts they hired (how on earth didn't Maresca talk them out of that!?) add up to huge sums. It's plausible they owe him a lot.

Not from right and left but on the left and right side of the neck.
All of the injuries are in front of the neck and go to the back. Perfectly compatible with single attacker and in fact it doesn't even tell us if they were caused from behind or facing the victim.
That is a plausible explanation, but it is just as reasonable to believe that there was not a single knife used. At least it is for me, and the host, and Otto, and Massei, etc. :websleuther:

The Kerchers are not rich people. Six years of representing by Maresca, plus the forensic experts they hired (how on earth didn't Maresca talk them out of that!?) add up to huge sums. It's plausible they owe him a lot.
Yes, as I posted to Otto above, it could be in the neighborhood of half a million - if not more - at this point. I hope he is not taking advantage of them; they seem like gentle people.

There is a reason that he is asking for 25 million euros. There is not a chance the Kercher's have the type of funds available to them to pay his fees, and we are not even done yet. No matter what the ruling is, it will be appealed.

Then the ONE person that does get press, Amanda herself LINKS to the DONATE page of the KERCHER's, when instead I personally would love to know how much AK and RS supporters may of given.

Their own lawyer shot them in the foot, and most likely himself. Both parents are in poor health, and I dislike when I see a prosecution and or legal representative give them false information.

The Kercher's are not stupid. No one, including their own lawyer, has the right to play on their emotions. It is wrong.

That is a plausible explanation, but it is just as reasonable to believe that there was not a single knife used. At least it is for me, and the host, and Otto, and Massei, etc. :websleuther:

If the single knife and single attacker explains the evidence, I'll stick to that. Occam's razor.

if maresca is waiting for the "big payout" to be paid for his services, he could be waiting a long time. any monetary payout will surely be appealed and subsequently held up in court for maybe years ??

if i, as a client, was horrified by the actions of my lawyer, i would find a way out. there is no way i could be in a situation where i did not fully trust my lawyer. financially, there are always options. knox's parents took out mortgages, didn't they, to help pay her legal fees? plus, there is that donate button...

I think a valid question would be why in the world would someone link to a newspaper article dated November 7, 2007 to try and support a reasoning, when there are Court transcripts available? Are we seriously going down that route further?

I have seen Stefanoni referred to as a Dr. when in fact she does not have a doctorate.

I have seen photo shopped pictures of the knife imprint which are not accurate in measurement which is all available from the court transcripts.

After all this time, the various explanations, cites regarding luminol, it is still said to have tested positive for blood.

Please refer to the July 2009 testimony of Stefanoni in which it turned out she had tested with TMB. She lied under oath. The samples stated TOO LOW.

This was a lab not certified for regular DNA let alone LT DNA. There were no entrance protocols, special lighting, air filtration systems, and the list is long.

Too low means too low. Then she uses a methodology that has never been scientifically tested to validate it? Seriously? Admits that she is taking online courses? Seriously?

Yet everyone is conviced that Amanda lied?

Maybe it is time to look in the mirror and look at the true culprits being the investigators, Mignini and supporting staff. What they have done is completely and totally unethical.

Dr Stefanoni is Dr Stefanoni, whether people want to respect that designation or not. Difficulties understanding the designation relate to differences in US in Italian education systems.

Dr Mignini is also Dr Mignini.

It isn't possible to strip there professionals of their professional designations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong