Kate McCann's Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever the victim.

Cali, you said it perfectly. It always comes back to that.

I was just looking over the excerpts again, and another one that struck me was when Kate was talking about how much she (Kate) was suffering and how she hoped Madeleine wasn't suffering as much.

Wouldn't you think that no matter what Madeleine would be suffering more? At least Kate had the rest of her family and her home to return to--but not Maddie! She's totally removed from everything and everyone, if she has indeed been abducted! How on earth could she be suffering LESS than Kate? What a ridiculous Kate-centered assumption again.

Cali, you said it perfectly. It always comes back to that.

I was just looking over the excerpts again, and another one that struck me was when Kate was talking about how much she (Kate) was suffering and how she hoped Madeleine wasn't suffering as much.

Wouldn't you think that no matter what Madeleine would be suffering more? At least Kate had the rest of her family and her home to return to--but not Maddie! She's totally removed from everything and everyone, if she has indeed been abducted! How on earth could she be suffering LESS than Kate? What a ridiculous Kate-centered assumption again.

That was one of the most selfish comments I have ever heard. They think that a 3 year old could be with paedophiles & Kate questions her degree of suffering? :furious:

That was one of the most selfish comments I have ever heard. They think that a 3 year old could be with paedophiles & Kate questions her degree of suffering? :furious:

It's right up there with "She knows we love her."

From the diary: "Following on we answered about four questions. I almost responded to the first one asking how we were, but I didn’t. I did answer a question on our possible return home. I replied that obviously I didn’t even think about that. Anyway, it seemed to have gone well. After breakfast and our having left S and A, (twins Sean and Amelie, then aged two) we went to church to pray in silence. Very good, calming."

Doesn't this passage about answering questions make you feel like G&K were lying and they did a good job of it, in K's mind? "I almost responded" and then "obviously I didn't even think about that". Then after eating and leaving S and A, they went to church to pray and it was "very good, calming" What does this mean "very good"? Who would say that? Calming I understand, peaceful I understand, quiet, I understand, but "very good" I don't get?

We think she is a very controlled person based on diary entries and that may be so, but her control is being tested in the writing of this diary. She needs to record for others to see so she must be careful. I think she gives herself away by her choice of words. Very good versus peaceful, quieting, etc. The smugness that comes across in the "obviously" and "almost" above. Her indignation over someone thinking that she and G could do something to harm the children without acknowledgment of leaving them alone. I don't care who Kate is, if what she and Gerry say is true about Maddie being abducted, this diary would be littered with self-accuastions and crys of guilt for leaving those children alone. Even if they didn't admit it publically, K would have written it here!:eek:

Maybe that is why these excerpts do not ring true. Not one word about the actions that K&G took that led to the situation they found themselves in. I hate to be harsh, but this just confirms my belief that they harmed Maddie and then hid her.

Salem

If I were in this situation, my diary would be full of "whatever was I thinking when I left all three of my precious babies alone" and "how could I have been so stupid".

The true softness in her words seems to be whenever she writes about the twins - but not when she writes about Maddie IMO.

If I were in this situation, my diary would be full of "whatever was I thinking when I left all three of my precious babies alone" and "how could I have been so stupid".

The true softness in her words seems to be whenever she writes about the twins - but not when she writes about Maddie IMO.

Bingo.

Count how many times and how detailed they respond with comments about the twins, particularly Kate, to questions, comments, or implied criticisms.

Several times in the early interviews after Madeleine presumably disappeared, Kate talked extensively about the development and acts of the twins.

Every justification comes on behalf of the twins--every act from the McCanns is because of the twins.

This is what leads me to believe that the McCanns were capable of acting in a way we might find horrifying, because they believed that to be the best for the children they still had living. They bring up the twins, particularly Kate, so much that it is amazing to me.

Also, as you noted, Kate's tone is different when she talks about the twins. It doesn't sound so forced or scripted. It seems more spontaneous. "

I've said this before many times, I think Maddie's personality was much more difficult for Kate to handle. The twins were more compliant and they entertained each other. Maddie needed more attention from Kate and it was difficult at times for Kate to deal with.

To me, this whole concoction appears designed to try to convince others of their normality and innocence...

The word I would use about how it is written is 'detached', and not in a distressed, tortured kind of way (as most parents of missing children must feel) - A bit written from the outside in, rather than conveying genuine thoughts and feelings.

What stands out for me is, "Gerry again gave a great performance". Why would you use the word performance, unless it were just that - artifice and show?

And would most parents of missing children read up about other abduction cases, to torture yourself even more - Is this usual behaviour, or could it be described as research?

Sorry for the negativity, but IMHO like Gerry's blog, this rings such a false and detached note, as if they were clones, trying to work out what their proper, human feeings should be...

Isn't it remarkable that this personal diary does not record the other landmark occasion in Kate's life?

I'm talking about the setting up of her own private company.

It takes a lot of work to do this, work no doubt paid for by donations from generous strangers. Papers must be signed, directors must be approached, the decisions made on which form the company will take.

11 days later, Kate is a brand new Company Director.

Not one single word about this in her "diary", despite the time and work that went into setting it up so quickly.

What else has she ommitted?

:banghead:

Its a personal diary, talking about emotions. Not exactly suspicious she does not talk about the setting up of the fund.

Also the fund is not her private company, it is a not for profit company with a board of directors. Under UK law the only options the mccanns had with regards to the looking after the money were to keep it in their own account, set up an account to put the money in, or set up a company. They chose to set up a not for profit company which was the most transparent of options, as unlike the other options this one means they had to submit accounts to companies house. The fact is thta if people want to donate their money to the fund then it is their private money and their choice. It is not anyone else's business what Branson, Green, Rowling and thousands of other private individuels do with their money.

Sadly Texana, I do think those comments (& the "floodgate") were faked for public consumption! Any mother who could not send a direct message to her missing daughter when asked on television to do so, in my book has no genuine feelings for that child. Remember her reply? - "She knows we love her" Any genuinely grieving parent would have sent a heartfelt message at that point!
I don't even want to think what I would say in that situation as it even makes me shudder to think that I would ever be in it but I can tell you that it would be a heart rending message to my child accompanied by floods of uncontrollable tears & not a virtual under the breath, like pulling teeth, grunt!

I tend to think that Madeleine was somewhat of an inconvenience in their lives!

Five News | McCanns speak to Natasha Kaplinsky - YouTube

Listen at 4.40, she does

The diary and Kate's book are overwhelmingly about Kate.

Madeleine is barely mentioned, and if she is it is in direct relation to Kate's feelings.

<modsnip>.

:pullhair:

:cow:

Someone suggests she writes a diary to help up emotionally, and people find it odd she talks about her emotions, and writes as if she is talking to madeleine. Really?

she talked about her her own emotions not what madeleines and what she was going through and said emotions have never ever come across on tv for her daughter, ever, cold fish and narcissist, its all her her her, never a warm word for her first born, just flippant language like she moved on, shrug theres no evidence of anyharm blahblahblah whilst insame breath talking about paedophiles, u couldnt make it up really its so obvious to me whe KNOWS her child is dead, everythingmakes sense after that

apart from the money grabbing but thats a different crime called fraud

It really makes me wonder how Kate knew of Madeleine's "fear of pain".

No kids like needles but Kate spoke as though Madeleine had been badly hurt before, and frightened by it.

When? How? Why? She was in "perfect" health allegedly, and of course the McCann would never dream of abusing their children, being the wonderful, attentive and caring parents they were.

I had a 3 year old once, in fact I've had a couple of them, and never once did they indicate they had a "fear of pain"...probably because they'd never actually felt any, apart from a needle when they were babies.

But then, both of my kids grew up alive and well, not "abducted".

:dunno:

It really makes me wonder how Kate knew of Madeleine's "fear of pain".

No kids like needles but Kate spoke as though Madeleine had been badly hurt before, and frightened by it.

When? How? Why? She was in "perfect" health allegedly, and of course the McCann would never dream of abusing their children, being the wonderful, attentive and caring parents they were.

I had a 3 year old once, in fact I've had a couple of them, and never once did they indicate they had a "fear of pain"...probably because they'd never actually felt any, apart from a needle when they were babies.

But then, both of my kids grew up alive and well, not "abducted".

:dunno:

Kate mccann is a strange character who says strange things

She has NEVER seemed UPSET that her first born was missing IMO she KNOWS she is deadand by their own hands

why else would she say to a journal that sometimes shewanted to press a button and that they would all be together and gone

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id16.html

This article quotes the blabbings of the Healy's, Kate's parents (I love it when they talk too much) -

McCann parents face loss their own way Herald Sun (no link)

Article from: David Jones in Praia da Luz
July 29, 2007 12:00am

ON WEDNESDAY evening, Gerry McCann flew back to Portugal after a hectic three-day trip to Washington in the US - the latest and farthest-flung staging post on his mission to champion the cause of abducted children and maximise publicity for his missing daughter, Madeleine.

Watching him assume his unwanted ambassadorial role, including meeting aides of the US President's wife, Laura Bush, at the White House, with such purpose and vigour, it was impossible to avoid contrasting his demeanour with that of his wife, Kate, who waited - forlorn, as ever - in the blisteringly hot Algarve.

For Madeleine's mother, the only white house that matters is the secluded villa in Praia da Luz, which has become the family's refuge since they escaped from their resort complex apartment, now a place of dark memories.

Each morning, Kate returns to the scene of Madeleine's abduction to drop off her two-year-old twins, Shaun and Amelie, at the creche.

:what: This means she is leaving them in the same creche with people who may or may not be involved in Madeleine's abduction...remember the staff had a fair bit of mud slung at them. This act in itself is incredible. One lost child so you park the other two with strangers all day every day, in the same place you saw the lost one?????? No. Just...No. No mother would do this. Those twins would be watched like a hawk by a grieving and fearful mother.

On Thursday, after she had settled them in, I happened upon her, walking down to the shore.

There she sat alone on the rocks, clutching Madeleine's pink Cuddle Cat toy as always, and gazing out at the Atlantic. (not looking after her remaining children...some things never change :banghead:)

She forced a faint smile. "Yeah ... well ... thanks," were the only words she could summon.

Gerry, who is on unpaid leave from Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, has spoken about returning to Britain.

But his 39-year-old wife refuses even to countenance leaving Praia da Luz.

Whenever the subject is broached, her response is always the same.

"I'm not going home without Madeleine."

But she did, shortly thereafter...as a direct reaction to being named arguido. Putting Madeleine first as always, NOT.

:pullhair:

The McCanns' decision to return to Britain came at the 11th hour. Although a rental agreement on the house they have used in Praia da Luz was due to expire next week, they initially decided after the events of last week to extend their stay in Portugal. In the words of one family friend, they did not want to appear to be "running scared" and as late as Saturday, their resolve was intact. But the growing backlash against them in Portugal and the increasing unpredictability of the police investigation drove their decision, disclosed in the early hours of yesterday, that it would be better for them and their children if they left.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/the-mccanns-return-to-britain-13385009.html

They lost control of the investigation they had tried to steer from the first hour, so they ran.

Simple as that.

:cow:

"Brush teeth. To the bedroom with the kids. M pulls away and puts her head on pillow. Kisses goodnight for M. Pulled the door to as far as possible without shutting it. Silence.

Dry hair. Put make-up on. Glass of wine. Restaurant. "

I'm sorry but who really keeps a diary like this? Its totally daft! Glass of wine. restaurant ... do me a favour. It must have been written after the event, which means after Madeleine was 'missing' ... so WHY?

Its like me writing : Sat down at computer. Logged in to websleuths. Typed a message. Fed cat. Drank coffee.

I've encouraged another to keep a journal after a traumatic criminal event that would cause lots activity and the importance of keeping accurate records and memory refreshing cone time for trial.
I know this from personal experience.
I never read my friends. But I can tell you my own didn't read anything at all like Kate's.
Mine was full of logged calls, brief synopsis of discussion, any follow up, contact persons name, number and date. It also contained all correspondence, receipts of items I mailed with sign certs, appointment times & dates. Court dates, outcomes etc...questions I had as they popped into my head..... To do lists...

Also wanted to add, No one else could even read it. It wasn't all in one place. I had an actual journal & a big calendar blotter on my desk... I used both.. It was clearly meant only for me to read.

Kate's was written for an audience. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I agree she is a bit of an unusual character but this doesn't make her a killer of her daughter.
Maybe because she is the type of person she is the people misinterpreted her.
To me she is more like she never grew up emotionally, there are people like this.. who react the way she does..
She lost a child, she is at that time probably on some medication.
I have someone who is quite close to me and who had a sudden loss.. this my person was changing mentally from minute to minute, sometimes completely cold, sometimes completely lost..
At this time Kate was in a shock state, you cannot predict really what people while in shock state would do or say.. it is even not recommended to psychologist to work with these people until the certain time has passed, usually 6 months.
There are different phases of this state, state of grief, it has 5 phases : denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. It cannot be predicted how long each phase lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23