Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it for the first time in this thread, b/c I've quoted the post about the pressure cookers a couple times, now, and b/c it contains multiple quotes with links and responses, it's easier for me to post and repost that way. (When you click 'quote' it only quotes what YOU posted, not the question.) Not sure if/why others might do it.

You can link any post from here even a closed thread by opening the number to the post (righthand top corner) in another window, copy the address then paste..looks like this: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody
hope it helps!

Thanks, Miziree!

Well, I didn't have any kids before I was 28 :D

The point is that many 19 -25 year olds, today, are either coddled, expect immediate gratification, or are not held accountable for their personal choices. I have a 26 year old who worked part-time, while graduating in four years with a degree in Social Work. My child was employed full-time at age 22, is 100% self-supported and that includes two pets.

We are just suggesting that it is time for more young adults to take more responsibility for themselves. At that age, with that much energy, there was no reason in the world that these two takers couldn't have jobs and go to school, too. It isn't that difficult. For, myself, at one point I had two part-time jobs and a full course load. What is so different now than from the year TT was born. (1986)

What the heck changed in the last 26 years?

While there may be coddled kids and takers in this day and age, I'm guessing there have been in every day and age. Only the economy was better 26 years ago, so the 'taking' maybe wasn't so necessary or obvious, perhaps. JMO, but I think it'd be wrong to characterize a whole generation of kids based on these two twerps.

Our own kids are 1) in college, or 2) gainfully employed and self-supporting since age 21. No financial coddling, though lotsa love. I worked several part time jobs in high school and all throughout college, and so did my spouse. It seems 'normal' to our kids to work, and they're also very frugal. Comes with watching their parents prefer sweat equity and thrift stores to throwing away wads of money at every turn. (This despite a growing income level over the years; it just makes sense.)

OOPS, you left out the fact that the parents bought an apartment for the sole purpose of having a place for the children to stay when they visit. Wonder why the two lawyers aren't practicing law? Or are they? Or is either really a lawyer?

Nope, rented, section 8, not bought.

As for them being lawyers. They certain;y are not in this country. He was a mechanic, she was a cosmetologist. In their country he, at one time worked for the prosecutors office, I believe, but was fired, something aboit being Chechnyan according to them. Recently, what has he been doing? Renovating their ground flore apt as a storefront for a perfume store. Gosh, i hope you don't need links for all that, LOL

ABC News: TT was in contact electronically with the Canadian, William Plotnikov...the other Russian (Canadian immigrant) boxer.

Nope, rented, section 8, not bought.

As for them being lawyers. They certain;y are not in this country. He was a mechanic, she was a cosmetologist. In their country he, at one time worked for the prosecutors office, I believe, but was fired, something aboit being Chechnyan according to them. Recently, what has he been doing? Renovating their ground flore apt as a storefront for a perfume store. Gosh, i hope you don't need links for all that, LOL

No, in Daghestan...mother or father said they bought an apartment there (Daghestan) for when the boys visit their homeland.

No word I've heard yet on the DNA testing, Capri.

Here's one newish thing:

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 6h

Sources: Feds eye taking death penalty off table for Boston bomb suspect in exchange for attack details. http://on.cnn.com/14P5ylW

No, in Daghestan...mother or father said they bought an apartment there (Daghestan) for when the boys visit their homeland.

Ah, hadn't heard that. Did TT stay in the apt. while he was in Dag.?

Really detailed article about TT's trip to Russia, his sudden departure, and his association with Plotnikov.

Russia had Elder Boston Suspect Under Surveillance http://shar.es/l2hBh via @sharethis #boston #suspect #bombing

Ah, hadn't heard that. Did TT stay in the apt. while he was in Dag.?

I have a notation wrt AT and ZT having bought an apartment in Makhachkala, Dagestan. I don't have a date, but at the time the note was made, whatever my source was caused me to insert that detail into the timeline more around the years when AT and ZT got married. Could be when interviewed, the parents meant that they owned an apartment there for whenever family went to visit, not necessarily that it was a recent acquisition.

I don't know what i'll do about posting a timeline ... it's about 6 pages long, LOL. Will wait a bit and see if I/we can figure something out. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I wonder if the having a child, and forced to marry an American (yes, I think this was a problem for him, his beliefs about marriage, and his inability to take care of himself, much less a family), after having found he was not going to be a boxing great helped push TT further over the edge?

Don't know what pushed DT to this, but I think it is clear the family does not think very highly of the country that supported them, allowed them freedom to be who they are and believe what they choose, and to raise their family in whatever manner they choose. So, maybe DT just hated from family teaching. We need more info on him, but how much is there to say?

JustK:

But there is money for foreign trips for hubby and expensive shoes for her? Give me a break.

Did we prove that her shoes are really expensive Dansko's (which I have purchased at an extremely reasonable price on Ebay)...Also Bass carries some great shoes that look exactly like brand name.

Did we prove that her shoes are really expensive Dansko's (which I have purchased at an extremely reasonable price on Ebay)...Also Bass carries some great shoes that look exactly like brand name.

I know the first pair she was photographed in are expensive, Dansko or Sanita, I put a link to them earlier on. That style is a newer style, and the tops crack from wear. (Fake shiny patent) Hers did not look cracked, so the used ones on ebay would not apply.

Like these:

http://www.scrubsandbeyond.com/Sanita-Smart-Step-Adele-Nursing-Clog-105368.html

I know the first pair she was photographed in are expensive, Dansko or Sanita, I put a link to them earlier on. That style is a newer style, and the tops crack from wear. (Fake shiny patent) Hers did not look cracked, so the used ones on ebay would not apply.

Like these:

http://www.scrubsandbeyond.com/Sanita-Smart-Step-Adele-Nursing-Clog-105368.html

I don't see how this could disclude Ebay...I have purchased expensive shoes that did not fit. DH unfortunately threw the box away & I was unable to return them. Sold them on ebay for less than half the price I paid.

I don't see how this could disclude Ebay...I have purchased expensive shoes that did not fit. DH unfortunately threw the box away & I was unable to return them. Sold them on ebay for less than half the price I paid.

Nice of you to sell so low!

We have no ideas of where her shoes came from. (Some could be gifts from parents, but most of us doubt her entire wardrobe is.) Or her clothes, or her bag, but it is all very expensive for someone solely supporting a husband and child, with no college degree. I think that is the point. And his trips and purchases.

In it's totality, they had more coming in, it would seem, then what we have been informed of.

Nice of you to sell so low!

We have no ideas of where her shoes came from. (Some could be gifts from parents, but most of us doubt her entire wardrobe is.) Or her clothes, or her bag, but it is all very expensive for someone solely supporting a husband and child, with no college degree. I think that is the point. And his trips and purchases.

In it's totality, they had more coming in, it would seem, then what we have been informed of.

I have many personal thoughts on this case. It is extremely hard to stick to the facts especially when the media has reported so much untruth & LE as well. Thus one can make many educated inferences with regards to this case. Educated inferences are all that they are, not facts. I think we can all remember one very influential cofounder & CEO of Apple Inc. that did not have a college degree. Let's stick to the facts.

19 is a "kid" to me. I don't really care what others were doing at that age, and I'm not sure why it matters. This was a kid who killed - why is saying that he was young a "disservice" to the victims? He actually was young, it's just a fact. So was Adam Lanza. Some people want to have the very human response of feeling that it was tragic for someone so young to be filled with so much evil. Just because other people on the planet were married, in the military, or the parent of a 5 year old when they turned 19 doesn't make this young college kid murdering others any less of a tragedy to some people.

IMO, it isn't surprising that a young man was involved in this crime. According to the FBI, 38% of all murders are committed by 18-24 year olds (source: http://bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf). I'm guessing males comprise 99% of that number.

Young men tend toward violence. Why? Probably because there is some evolutionary advantage in exhibiting violent behavior. That certainly was the case throughout human history, and DT only had to see the women fighting over his "loser" brother for evidence of that fact in modern times. The reality is DT's has many more female admirers now that he's one of the Boston Bombers than he did when he was a nice kid at UMASS-Podunkville. Such is the human condition.

Of course, I'm not suggesting DT thought out all that I've written. I'm suggesting he acted impulsively. It was probably his brother who was the mastermind behind the operation.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member