Identified! IN - Lebanon, off I-65, WhtFem 17-40, UP10749, 'Mom' & 'Love' tats, May'92 - Margaret Ann Sniegowski

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs UP 10749 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10749

ff3f54d4-4e90-4d8a-9857-5d441d4abc8b.jpg

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on May 03, 1992 at I-65 and SR 47 in Lebanon, Boone County, Indiana

Body Condition
Body Condition: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Estimated postmortem interval: Months

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 17-22
Approximate Height: 5'6" (66 inches).
Approximate Weight: 130 pounds.
Hair: Hair is reddish brown and cut very short.
Tattoos: Tattoo of "MOM" on upper right arm, tattoo of "LOVE" on right breast, tattoo of cross with two hearts on right breast and cross tattoo on right hand
Clothing & Accessories

Clothing: Yellow tank top and socks​

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is available elsewhere
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA: Sample submitted - Tests complete

Case History
Farmer located body at the bottom of hill near the NB on ramp to I 65 from State Road 47.​

Boone Co. Sheriff searches for new clues in cold case

BOONE COUNTY, Ind. (WISH) – The unsolved 1992 murder file of Jane Doe was dusted off this week.

The woman believed to be between 20- and 40-years-old was found in a ditch near the interstate, naked from the waist down. Police are still unsure what happened to her and how she got there.

Police recently released new information about the cold file; the fact that Jane Doe was found wearing only green socks and a green top, with a tattoo that said “Mom” barely showing on her right arm. Jain Doe weighed around 120-130 pounds and had short reddish brown hair.

(Note that this information differs from what is indicated in the NamUs casefile. NamUs indicates that she was between 17 and 22, and that she was wearing a yellow tank top, and that she also had a tattoo of the word "Love" and a cross with two hearts on her right breast.)

http://wishtv.com/2015/03/17/boone-co-sheriff-searches-for-new-clues-in-cold-case/

Sent the clay recon & news article to Amy Dobbs. Let her know about the differences between the article & NamUs profile.

The age listed on the article is different then in NamUs; says 20-40.
Clothing - NamUs says - Yellow tank top and socks
Article says green top; green socks

Tattoo's - NamUs Tattoo of "MOM" on upper right arm, tattoo of "LOVE" on right breast, tattoo of cross with two hearts on right breast and cross tattoo on right hand
Article - tattoo that said “Mom” barely showing on her right arm

It is generally felt in the local LE community that this UID is not local. The exit where she was found has ZERO type of business, etc. There are farms on all four corners, and no homes anywhere within earshot. I'm not even certain that any of those farms have a place where you could SEE the exit. The exit is at the top of a hill. And so it is not surprising that she was not found for some time.

Obviously, this is VERY local to me. Our current sheriff is a good guy and wants this case solved.

Looking at the map, there are also a few dots of red indicating where she's likely from in the very northern CA/ southern OR mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a good photo of the clay reconstruction at the top of the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uuuugh. I hate that.

Well, I suppose there could be other explanations. She was getting dressed after a shower when she keeled over in her wealthy boyfriend's apartmdnt and he couldn't risk the scandal? Elastic-waist skirt pulled off while he was moving the body? Material rotted fast?

Yeah the picture is beyond weird. I'm guessing it was done when they exhumed the body? Just thought someone, someday might find it useful.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back