UT - Christopher Kirsch, 62, stabbed to death in his Orem home, 15 June 2008

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Poor Christopher Kirsch. The 62 year old father was stabbed to death with a meat clever on Father's Day. What makes it worse is it was his own son who murdered him.

Michael Kirsch aged 31 used a meat clever to hatchet his dad while his mother called 911. The Orem, Utah man has a 2004 conviction for aggravated assault with a knife. Talk about hoping your child will grow up to lead a prosperous life as an adult.:eek:

http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp?S=8494027&nav=menu554_2_3

I thought that as well, OneLostGrl. I feel so very bad for this family.
Me too. When is the mental health system going to get the backing and money for research and follow-up programs for schizophrenics? The disease has such a high fatality rate for victims and families. So much pain and suffering.

Me too. When is the mental health system going to get the backing and money for research and follow-up programs for schizophrenics? The disease has such a high fatality rate for victims and families. So much pain and suffering.

You make a good point, chiperoni. It seems like mental health issues in the longrun get swept under the rug. Here's a family that could have benefitted with some follow up care for sure.

Once again I have to ask the obvious question; if we can develop a long term implant (Implanon) for birth control, why can't we develop an implant for schizophrenia and severe bipolar?

There aren't many among us who wouldn't be tempted to go off our meds if we felt much much better off them. People who do not live with these illnesses just don't get it. Mentally ill people don't choose to be this way. They don't choose to have horrible side effects. They don't choose to have a false sense of hope that the med is working. These illnesses are great temptresses and fool the brain.

When the brain is fooled, people get hurt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back