What is this thing? Underwater camera captures a mysterious object.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
:waitasec:

Underwater camera captures a mysterious object
Creature could be a jellyfish - but it appears to have organs.

It could be a discarded whale placenta - but it has strange markings

It could be a fishing net - but it seems to move under its own control.
A mysterious ocean 'blob' has been recorded by a deep-sea remote-controlled underwater camera....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=c7f1bc529862" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It does resemble an ex-girlfriend's mom. :giggle:

Everytime I try to post a link the video shows up.

Very cool. I say not to a net. I'd guess a jellyfish of some type.

Very cool. I say not to a net. I'd guess a jellyfish of some type.

It does seem to have the veins on the head like a jellyfish. It might have just eaten something and that's what the weird thing is. I'm still not ruling out mother in law. :giggle:

I don't know what it is yet...
Is it a Democrat or a Republican?

I'm pretty sure that's the ninja-like president of my subdivision's homeowner's association on his nightly rounds to scope out dusty siding, misplaced trash cans and -horror of horrors - 'unapproved backyard vegetable gardens. Yeah, that's Larry..........

:sigh: Please don't start a political debate. :nono:

I reserve my Right to Freedom of Speech by merely asking if this entity will be voting as an elephant or a donkey!

that seems purely logical to me! :crazy:

Could it be a new deep sea species? Remember when the '04 tsunami washed up all those weird things.

Now that is freakishly awesome. My little girl is fascinated by anything having to do with nature. I'm going to show her this tomorrow after school. I'll report back what she thinks it is. :floorlaugh:

It's the little heard of chupacabre of the sea. You run into it, tell it Charlie sent you.

At first it looks like it MIGHT be plastic but after the 3:30 minute mark it definitelly appears to have animal parts of some sort (or placenta parts or something).

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/05/11/giant-pulsing-sea-blob-identified/

Published May 11, 2012

FoxNews.com

Giant, pulsing sea blob identified

But that deepwater enigma is no mystery: It&#8217;s actually a Deepstaria enigmatica, said oceanographer Steven Haddock.

&#8220;This bag-like jelly is not that rare, but is large, so rarely seen intact,&#8221; Haddock, a scientist for the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute in Moss Landing, Calif.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back