2011.10.18 - Police searching 2 locations

I cannot confirm this is Lindsey related but I was just messaged by a truck driver friend that he passed 9 state patrol, 6 sheriff, a bunch of unmarked cars and three SWAT team trucks were seen heading towards McCleary. He seen them 20 miles west of McCleary headed in an east bound direction (towards McCleary).

Someone else (in McCleary) confirmed that there is some sort of activity near the police station.

I'll update when I hear more

(Mods, if this is inappropriate let me know please.)

You are fine, JenniferO. You are a verified local in this case and allowed to post what is reported to you. :blowkiss:

Thanks Kimster.

It's confirmed that SWAT is in McCleary. Not clear on where they are going or if it's even related to TH. It's possible that they are serving another warrant since they said that TH was only one of many POIs.

Thanks Kimster.

It's confirmed that SWAT is in McCleary. Not clear on where they are going or if it's even related to TH. It's possible that they are serving another warrant since they said that TH was only one of many POIs.

I know it's a huge stretch but, wouldn't it be great if LE suspcted LB is alive and being held against her will in a McCleary hidden sub/basement?

Well, anything is possible :dunno:.

Just received confirmation that LE is back at the jewelry store this morning. Not sure if they are also back at his residence or not.

I'm listening to Grays Harbor County Police Dispatch - East Live Audio Feed. No activity heard so far. I know scanner posts should be in another thread so I will not post blow by blow.

I must have just missed the activity, was downtown this morning, talked with worker at the store, then had coffee at Rain Country.

Store is open today, worker is celebrating 2 yr anniversary of her work there.

I'm starting to think some of todays activity are unrelated to Lindsey.

People in McCleary are telling me that early this morning a bunch of cop cars came through with men in camo, headed out of town and they are now saying DEA is in town. They are currently at a house on Mox Chehalis Road. I'm not aware of TH having any connections to a home out there.

I can't imagine DEA being involved in searches for Lindsey. Will update when I hear more

I understand why some local people might feel like this investigation is a witch hunt - but it isn't. The detectives are hard working and dedicated, search warrants are only served when they have good reason.

I know folks are also down on online web sleuthing, I understand, but not all forums are the same. Not all posters are the same. Most of us really do care about this case and want to help any way we can.

I must have just missed the activity, was downtown this morning, talked with worker at the store, then had coffee at Rain Country.

Store is open today, worker is celebrating 2 yr anniversary of her work there.

Thanks Sarah, for the update!

I'm starting to think some of todays activity are unrelated to Lindsey.

People in McCleary are telling me that early this morning a bunch of cop cars came through with men in camo, headed out of town and they are now saying DEA is in town. They are currently at a house on Mox Chehalis Road. I'm not aware of TH having any connections to a home out there.

I can't imagine DEA being involved in searches for Lindsey. Will update when I hear more

Any more news? Of course the road sounds familiar but can't remember if its just from looking at maps or if we discussed it.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/10/19/1870535/mccleary-warrants-served-in-lindsey.html

The Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office and the FBI served search warrants Tuesday on a McCleary jewelry shop and a residence owned by the same man ...

The individual who owns Hartman’s Jewelry Repair and a residence northwest of town is “one of many persons of interest we’ve had contact with over the course of this investigation, which is now in its 20th month,” Pimentel added. The man is not considered a suspect in Lindsey’s disappearance, he added.

bbm

Regardless of the dedication and hard-work of and by LE in this case .. the bolded phrase above confirms it for me: it IS a fishing expedition in the sense that LE might now be hanging on word play of "over-heard" conversations.

My intent is not to imply a negative cloud over the investigation and participants .. such word play probably has led to solving more than one crime of the century but, I am only emphasizing a reality:

This is an investigation centrally-focused on a small town where no one saw nor heard anything (that has yet to be reported) that cracked the case.

LE has reached yet another pivotal point where they are back-tracking old ground except, this time around maybe they're looking behind the picture frame as opposed to only staring at the photo within.

Search Warrants are tricky in that specifics must be provided within for approval ... let's hope somethings significant are contained within the SWs and that this go-around is not simply a blind reach for the proverbial striped-bass.

There also was DEA activity in town, stated to not be related to Lindsey Baum.

Montesano, WA - Search warrants served in Grays Harbor County this morning related to an ongoing Drug Enforcement Agency investigation. County Undersheriff Rick Scott confirmed that the Grays Harbor Drug Task Force and Sheriff's Office assisted DEA agents in serving two search warrants, one in West county and another in East county, as part of an interstate investigation. Scott said today's activity was in no way related to yesterday's missing persons investigation in McCleary

source http://kbkw.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3255

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/10/19/1870535/mccleary-warrants-served-in-lindsey.html

bbm

Regardless of the dedication and hard-work of and by LE in this case .. the bolded phrase above confirms it for me: it IS a fishing expedition in the sense that LE might now be hanging on word play of "over-heard" conversations.

My intent is not to imply a negative cloud over the investigation and participants .. such word play probably has led to solving more than one crime of the century but, I am only emphasizing a reality:

This is an investigation centrally-focused on a small town where no one saw nor heard anything (that has yet to be reported) that cracked the case.

LE has reached yet another pivotal point where they are back-tracking old ground except, this time around maybe they're looking behind the picture frame as opposed to only staring at the photo within.

Search Warrants are tricky in that specifics must be provided within for approval ... let's hope somethings significant are contained within the SWs and that this go-around is not simply a blind reach for the proverbial striped-bass.

I see this differently. In my opinion this round of search warrants was a long time coming. Needed to happen. I don't see this as a fishing expedition or dependent on only overheard third hand stuff and rumors.

Washington state is a probable cause state:

probable cause
Reasonable cause; having more evidence for than against; a reasonable belief that a crime has or is being committed; the basis for all lawful searches, seizures, and arrests.

http://www.courts.wa.gov/newsinfo/resources/?fa=newsinfo_jury.termguide

In my humble opinion this isn't a case of back-tracking, this is part of the process.

The terms "person of interest" and "suspect" are evolving as used now by various jurisdictions. Doesn't necessarily tell we the public anything specific.

Officers sometimes face problems when reporters confuse the terms suspect and person of interest – something that could potentially be libelous in an article. A person of interest who is hesitant to talk to the police may not if they’re labeled publicly as a suspect in a related crime.

How someone is viewed “may change our rules of engagement,” Grannis said. “If they’re a suspect, we’ll want to read them their rights. If they’re a person of interest, we would not necessarily read them their rights unless they’re about to do something that incriminates themselves.”

There isn’t a hard rule among police, Grannis said, so different departments can have varying term descriptions.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle911/2009/02/23/whats-the-difference-between-a-suspect-and-a-person-of-interest/

Because this is an ongoing investigation we aren't going to be told anything, but the case is indeed very active. When I read media reports of what LE has told them about this case, I read it keeping in mind that this is only a media report on what LE has told them - meaning that it is important to me but also isn't at all the whole story. Things are going to be worded in particular ways, with possible motivations that we don't know. I figure that even LE reports to media are part of the process, part of the ongoing investigation.

:) I'm wrestling over how to express this. I most want to say that these warrants (or the others) were not a fishing expedition, not a witch hunt. My guess is that the word "suspect" won't be used until they are ready to announce an actual arrest, whenever that happens.

YMMV :)

bbm

In the quote above.. Officer Pimentel has the time wrong. It's been 28 months since Lindsey went missing. If he can't get that information right how are we to trust him on what he is saying about TH being a suspect or for what reasons he is being investigated? lol :waitasec:

There is more than just "over heard" conversations that this investigation is based on.

Now whether TH had anything to do with it or not.. only time will tell. Hopefully the truth comes out sooner rather than later.

DEA/SWAT activity in McCleary this morning were NOT connected to Lindsey.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/29533893/detail.html

Federal agents and local and state police are executing a search warrant near McCleary as part of a major investigation into illegal psychedelic mushrooms, KIRO 7 South Sound Bureau Chief Richard Thompson reports.

I really really hoped this would be the lead Lindsey needed.
I haven't given up yet, are we now able to sleuth this man since his name is listed in MSM, we do have several threads based on previous search warrants ?

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping like crazy that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than appears.

I have faith that this case will be solved one day.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back