Jerry Sandusky's son Jeffrey arrested on child sex charges, Feb 2017

this is what i am thinking, too. Did he adopt the children for his own sick reasons? Is his wife still standing by him?
imo yes and yes. Each one should have been in counseling years ago, all children ever involved in this family and also criminals charges should have and should be brought against the condoning mrs. Sandusky. Again jmo, but if i were the wife of one of those boys, i would step back and open my eyes and heart if they have not already. No excuses, disgusting!

Even with no psychological help or intervention it is possible not to continue the cycle. I was too fearful to report what was happening to anyone. My abuser was my father's treasured nephew and I knew as a mere "step-daughter" that I would not get anywhere.

I kept it inside for many, many years. Upon working up the courage [with a little pinot grigio] I attempted to tell my mother what he had done to me for years. She told me to, "Shut the f*ck up," left the room and ended the conversation.

I was repeatedly refused psychological help as a child, and a young adult. Finally, at 18 I sought out help for my depression and managed to survive into a mostly well-functioning adult.

My father passed away a couple of weeks ago and I had to go to California and endure sharing my childhood home with this piece of $hit. Because there was already so much emotion and drama encircling me I had to grin and bear it. It was very hard.

I suffer from severe chronic depression, GAD and PTSD and yet managed not to kill the man who did this to me [I was 11 when it began; he was 17]. I also would never harm a child. I have two sons and would likely end up in jail for murder if I discovered anything of that nature happened/happening to them.

Yes, there are major problems that stem from systematic abuse. However, we have the choice and the power, no matter how daunting our position as survivors may seem.

Everything was against me, I should have been one to perpetuate the cycle but I refused. People need to stop excusing this cycle and realize as humans we have the ability to choose our actions and refuse what seems likely.

If I was able to do it, anyone can. I'm not the strongest person in the world, but some things are just completely abhorrent and cannot be tolerated no matter what someone has gone through.

So sad. The repercussions of child sexual abuse are long-lasting and far-reaching. No one will ever be able to convince me that Sandusky didn't abuse his own children. Especially after this news.

Exactly and former abusers abuse, so who would want these children in their home. JMO, these women are not paying attention, don't care about their children, or just plain need help or arresting themselves. JMO but sick of hearing and seeing this happening to those who do not get a voice or choice.

The Sandusky's need to swallow their pride, money or anything they have left in this generational family and stand up and do the right thing, or we will continue to see this name in the news and in the Justice System. Hope some type of LE is watching them all. JMO

So sad. The repercussions of child sexual abuse are long-lasting and far-reaching. No one will ever be able to convince me that Sandusky didn't abuse his own children. Especially after this news.

Unfortunately, the Sandusky name will possibly never recover from this...

Was this the son that came forward at the last minute as one of Jerry's victims? I remember being totally convinced of Jerry's guilt when even his own son came forward. Not that it's any "worse" but just that it convinced me the others were not just after a settlement, because his son had nothing to gain from it. I think this must be the same son, unless he adopted multiple boys.

As someone with c-ptsd, I could not disagree more. Victimizing others is NOT an aspect of PTSD, at least not an uncontrollable one. Abuse is not destiny, I will NEVER accept that as an excuse, nor accept it as my 'fate.' It's one reason abuse survivors don't like to come forward, because then they will be 'marked' as someone likely to abuse others. :(

I wrote they have the ability to change their destiny but it is hard to do and that the self-destructive aspect of PTSD or psychological damage done is all too real. Jeffery Sandusky obviously is one person who couldn't escape the cycle because he didn't.

I didn't say that a survivor is likely to abuse others either. I would appreciate it if you didn't take my words out of context while quoting me. What you wrote is not what I said. You can accept or not accept an excuse as it is your right. Just I can say that I never want him to see the light of day as I believe he should be held accountable.

Abused children are at greater risk for being revictimized (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2572709/) and victimize others (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00854712). It is unfortunate but true. The importance of treatment for survivor and those in their life is critical in ensuring that a cycle is not begun or is broken.

Again, we can agree to disagree but, please, don't take my words out of context or quote me as if I am saying something I am not.

JMOO but Mrs Dottie S KNEW what was going on in her sick house and is just as responsible as her demon husband!
A very sick perverted family that ruined allot of people. Maybe this son will tell all. IIRC he stood beside his mom and dad. I just saw a piece of news (CBS?) that showed him with Dottie saying his father was innocent......so he was made to be a liar also? This is hedious........and who was all in the Sandusky ring???? JMOO

I wrote they have the ability to change their destiny but it is hard to do and that the self-destructive aspect of PTSD or psychological damage done is all too real. Jeffery Sandusky obviously is one person who couldn't escape the cycle because he didn't.

I didn't say that a survivor is likely to abuse others either. I would appreciate it if you didn't take my words out of context while quoting me. What you wrote is not what I said. You can accept or not accept an excuse as it is your right. Just I can say that I never want him to see the light of day as I believe he should be held accountable.

Abused children are at greater risk for being revictimized (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2572709/) and victimize others (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00854712). It is unfortunate but true. The importance of treatment for survivor and those in their life is critical in ensuring that a cycle is not begun or is broken.

Again, we can agree to disagree but, please, don't take my words out of context or quote me as if I am saying something I am not.
I have a question/statement
Does anyone know WHY it is that abused children are likely to be revictimized?
I'm genuinely asking as it breaks my heart😟

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yes, there are major problems that stem from systematic abuse. However, we have the choice and the power, no matter how daunting our position as survivors may seem.

Everything was against me, I should have been one to perpetuate the cycle but I refused. People need to stop excusing this cycle and realize as humans we have the ability to choose our actions and refuse what seems likely.

If I was able to do it, anyone can. I'm not the strongest person in the world, but some things are just completely abhorrent and cannot be tolerated no matter what someone has gone through.

I am so sorry that you had to endure the abuse and the lack of empathy/compassion/support from your family. I can see that you are strong and have worked hard to have a life, even a fullfilling one. I wish you continued healing from the monster that abused you.

I see things like ability to break the cycle differently than you. But, I appreciate the perspective you have on the kind of fortitude and work that it takes to hea.

Even with no psychological help or intervention it is possible not to continue the cycle. I was too fearful to report what was happening to anyone. My abuser was my father's treasured nephew and I knew as a mere "step-daughter" that I would not get anywhere.

I kept it inside for many, many years. Upon working up the courage [with a little pinot grigio] I attempted to tell my mother what he had done to me for years. She told me to, "Shut the f*ck up," left the room and ended the conversation.

I was repeatedly refused psychological help as a child, and a young adult. Finally, at 18 I sought out help for my depression and managed to survive into a mostly well-functioning adult.

My father passed away a couple of weeks ago and I had to go to California and endure sharing my childhood home with this piece of $hit. Because there was already so much emotion and drama encircling me I had to grin and bear it. It was very hard.

I suffer from severe chronic depression, GAD and PTSD and yet managed not to kill the man who did this to me [I was 11 when it began; he was 17]. I also would never harm a child. I have two sons and would likely end up in jail for murder if I discovered anything of that nature happened/happening to them.

Great post❤
I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that, been there. Right down to being a
" mere stepdaughter " myself.

I wonder what Dottie will say about this. Will she still be in denial?

Was this the son that came forward at the last minute as one of Jerry's victims? I remember being totally convinced of Jerry's guilt when even his own son came forward. Not that it's any "worse" but just that it convinced me the others were not just after a settlement, because his son had nothing to gain from it. I think this must be the same son, unless he adopted multiple boys.

No. That was Matt. Jeffrey actually defended Jerry and said that he was innocent.

I have a question/statement
Does anyone know WHY it is that abused children are likely to be revictimized?
I'm genuinely asking as it breaks my heart��

There are biological studies on hippocampal brain changes that happen for women (ttps://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/psychological-medicine/article/div-classtitlehippocampal-volume-in-women-victimized-by-childhood-sexual-abusediv/F4CB63A9A69EEAB4377CC2C4F43E115D) that suggest a shrinkage which may be from trauma. There are attachment studies that suggest that there are issues with regulation and effect on judgement. I saw a great video on the effect of parent screaming/anger on the brains of young children (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4zP50tEad0&feature=youtu.be&list=PLxILd8__iAa788jtjvFa3I8LiYxv-nq1D) I have done some graduate and postgraduate work in this area. It is fascinating and terrifying at the same time. No definitive answers but the potential impact on brain development is something to really study going forward.

The Sandusky's need to swallow their pride, money or anything they have left in this generational family and stand up and do the right thing, or we will continue to see this name in the news and in the Justice System. Hope some type of LE is watching them all. JMO

I think that is impossible for them. Jeffrey actually dd an interview of how Jerry was innocent: [video=youtube;WyzxfzRqpxI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyzxfzRqpxI[/video]

There are biological studies on hippocampal brain changes that happen for women (ttps://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/psychological-medicine/article/div-classtitlehippocampal-volume-in-women-victimized-by-childhood-sexual-abusediv/F4CB63A9A69EEAB4377CC2C4F43E115D) that suggest a shrinkage which may be from trauma. There are attachment studies that suggest that there are issues with regulation and effect on judgement. I saw a great video on the effect of parent screaming/anger on the brains of young children (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4zP50tEad0&feature=youtu.be&list=PLxILd8__iAa788jtjvFa3I8LiYxv-nq1D) I have done some graduate and postgraduate work in this area. It is fascinating and terrifying at the same time. No definitive answers but the potential impact on brain development is something to really study going forward.
Interesting, I had no idea.
Thank you❤😉

Matt Sandusky was the one came forward uring the trial. See my post above.

Pretty sickening - and I remember when Matt came forth with accusations against his adopted father back in 2012.

I guess what I find a little peculiar about all this and the Sandusky family in general is this:

I understand that it is extremely difficult to adopt a child here in the United States (and most likely, with this sort of thing in mind).

Something needs to change. Yes, it is always difficult to break a destructive family-based cycle (been there lived that) many time it takes therapy (been there done that) and will not always be successful.

A lot of it has to do with the individuals involved, their resiliency, and knowing their limits. That last one possibly the most important.

But I feel sorry for all the kids who were victims here.

I think that is impossible for them. Jeffrey actually dd an interview of how Jerry was innocent: [video=youtube;WyzxfzRqpxI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyzxfzRqpxI[/video]

They wish to just sweep this scandalous behavior out the door. This is a huge mess for the family. :sweep:

:cuckoo: DS plays with her many bracelets while her son speaks. Why does she ignore his words?

DS makes me feel ill. This happened under her roof. :puke:

Jerry Sandusky saga is far from over. Its gets worse and worse. :mad: :furious: :puke:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back