CA - Kidnapped girl found rso abduction

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
A 14 year old girl was found in the trunk of a Registered Sex Offenders car after a police chase. Thank goodness they found this little girl.

O.K. be prepared to get angry.:furious: Jared Daniel Conway is an acquaintance of this little girl's family and was staying in their home for the last month. This is a Registered Sex offender.

At 3:00AM last evening the girls father called LE after he found Conway's slipper in the girls room and the girls bracelet and blanket outside. As LE searched for clues around the property this knitwit drives by. LE gave chase as Conway sped off and then crashed the car. Judging by this article I'm thinking LE kicked his tail and good. I hope so. Conway's mugshot is at link and he'd intimidate me I'll tell you that. He's listed on the SOR as living in Modesto. I'm wondering if it's this little girl's house?

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=44278&catid=2

wow...there are truly no words to describe... THANK GOD she made it home safe and a double~thank~God that this guy is going to meet up with a judge soon!

Thank goodness the girl is safe, but with the guy living in the home there's no telling what all he has already done. This girl's parents should never have allowed some guy they don't even really know to just move in the home where there is child.

Filly, you are right. I'm angered, and outraged. I wanted to say these parents have bad judgement, but that is an understatement. I am concerned that the poor girl has been subjected to their "bad judgements" all of her life. Too bad the survived the crash. Too bad the police didn't just shoot him, at least once. I hope someone steps in to watch over this child. I'm hoping she can recover fully. Yes, thank God she was found!

I wants to say this little girl was blessed Thank God she is safe. And then I wonder why would any parent allow a registered sex offender in their home. And aquaintance could be they met thru mutual friend, etc. It doesn't mean long-time friend--but doesn't anyone check the sex offenders list before letting someone you don't know in your house with your children to stay. If a man or woman was staying in my house my daughter would be in my room in a sleeping bag. I would never leave the child alone. Sorry but even friends can turn out to be sexual predators.

If it was a real friend I still would make sure they were in a different location than my kids--my policy is there is a motel or hotel not far from us-if your going to visit use it :)

This could have turned out so differently as we've seen in the case of Brooke Bennett. I'm so thankful she's alive and hope she gets the help she needs. I also hope those stupid parents get it now. ARGH.

Well, this is exactly what happens when you allow a sex offender to live in your house with your kids.

No surpise here.

Any other children in this house should be taken away from the parents. They have proven themselves beyond a doubt that they are unfit.

The perv needs to be sent to jail forever!

Thank God she is safe. She beat the odds....how often do we read about this type story having a different outcome?

Which brings me to~~~~
Wtf is wrong with parents??? :furious:
Why do people continually let sex offenders stay in their homes???:behindbar
genthumb.ashx

Did the parents know? I don't see anything in the article saying they knew. They may have had a friend, met through work, the guy is under hard times, let him have a night or so in their home.

I'm glad she's safe, he's caught, and the judge had better lock him away forever now that he's shown he'll never change.

Did the parents know? I don't see anything in the article saying they knew. They may have had a friend, met through work, the guy is under hard times, let him have a night or so in their home.

I'm glad she's safe, he's caught, and the judge had better lock him away forever now that he's shown he'll never change.

I agree. Most of the population neglects to check their friends to see if they are a RSO. Of course if they read here they would, but most people are oblivious.

I glad she is alive, but I'm sure she's not OK. My guess is that she will probably need therapy for awhile.

The girl was flown to the University of California at Davis Medical Center in Sacramento for injuries sustained when Conway crashed his silver Honda Civic while fleeing police.

Police chased Conway after he drove past the girl's home in the 2500 block of Garvey Avenue, where police had started investigating the disappearance.

Conway crashed into a Chevy truck with two adults and at least two children on Veneman Avenue, about a mile from the house, police said. No one in the truck was injured.

Pictures and more at link

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/351446.html

IMO it is their job to know information about who they are letting come into their home. He was registred, which tells me they never checked him out prior to letting him into home.

I agree. Most of the population neglects to check their friends to see if they are a RSO. Of course if they read here they would, but most people are oblivious.

I glad she is alive, but I'm sure she's not OK. My guess is that she will probably need therapy for awhile.

:clap:Exactly. I think I have checked out more people since I started reading here than I ever did before. Even when my single mom friends start dating a guy, I check him out. You never can be too careful with the safety and well being of a child, even if that child isn't yours.

Not everyone has a computer in their home. Not everyone speaks English. Not everyone checks out friends or friends of friends to see if they are RSO's. This was not a small child, but a teenager - sometimes parents relax as children get older and are out driving etc. Obviously the parents were paying attention - they discovered her (and the ) missing at 3AM - not like they were absent or neglectful or unaware or not keeping track of where their child was. Parents up checking things at 3AM are not neglecting their kids. We do NOT KNOW the entire circumstances here, obviously the parents did not know this was a RSO - not like they have RSO branded on their foreheads (they should, but they don't). And what's the deal with this guy returning to the house with the girl at 6AM - was he gonna sneak back in with the girl or something? Going back doesn't make much sense if he actually kidnapped and raped her ?? Why would he take her back home? What would be his reasoning for even driving by the house with her in the car once he had gotten away with her once? Do we know if he even touched her? Maybe he didn't assault or rape her at all, just "took her" for 3 hours cause he was drunk and he saw her in the hallway or something? We are condemning the parents and we don't even know if he was using his REAL name? Did the parents ask for his ID? Most of us don't - if we have a party and someone comes with a friend we ask a name and watch the person - we might check the name, but we all don't automatically think every male we meet might be a RSO with an assumed name.

Let's not condemn the parents - who did check on their child at 3 AM and did call LE ASAP and did take the proper action. Parents with something to hide don't call LE like these parents did - they try to cover up for their poor parenting or the RSO - like we have seen time and time again here. Not everyone knows about looking up RSO's or has the ability to do so and it doesn't appear the parents made a single mistake once they found their child and this missing. Parents are human beings who make mistakes but 99% of them would NEVER intentionally put their child at risk...but parents do make dumb mistakes (as do kids) and sometimes there are tragic results. Condemning these parents does nothing except make the next set of innocent parents with a child missing reluctant to call LE.

Condemned to die RSO Couey lived 100 yards from the innocent angel he kidnapped in the night and killed - should we hold her GParents and Father to blame because they didn't know Couey was there or had family living there? It isn't always that the parents are neglectful, sometimes it's that the system does not do enough to protect children from RSO's.

Let's celebrate that this girl made it home ALIVE and WELL and that her family was doing everything in their power to find her.

My Opinion

IMO it is their job to know information about who they are letting come into their home. He was registred, which tells me they never checked him out prior to letting him into home.
If you know someone, and they seem like a good person - they probably never thought it was a possibility. Most people think there's going to be some sign, some warning, that you'd just know. There isn't, of course, but people tend to believe that way - and it's so much more comforting to believe it.

Do you really check out every friend of yours? I don't. I can't say for sure, even after this, that if some friend of mine, some neighbor or such, needed a place to sleep for a night or two, that I'd check them out. I don't think any of my friends are even possibly that type. But then, I'm sure they didn't think so either.

And indeed, he could have given a false name to them - checking might not have told them a single thing.

Not everyone has a computer in their home. Not everyone speaks English. Not everyone checks out friends or friends of friends to see if they are RSO's. This was not a small child, but a teenager - sometimes parents relax as children get older and are out driving etc. Obviously the parents were paying attention - they discovered her (and the ) missing at 3AM - not like they were absent or neglectful or unaware or not keeping track of where their child was. Parents up checking things at 3AM are not neglecting their kids. We do NOT KNOW the entire circumstances here, obviously the parents did not know this was a RSO - not like they have RSO branded on their foreheads (they should, but they don't). And what's the deal with this guy returning to the house with the girl at 6AM - was he gonna sneak back in with the girl or something? Going back doesn't make much sense if he actually kidnapped and raped her ?? Why would he take her back home? What would be his reasoning for even driving by the house with her in the car once he had gotten away with her once? Do we know if he even touched her? Maybe he didn't assault or rape her at all, just "took her" for 3 hours cause he was drunk and he saw her in the hallway or something? We are condemning the parents and we don't even know if he was using his REAL name? Did the parents ask for his ID? Most of us don't - if we have a party and someone comes with a friend we ask a name and watch the person - we might check the name, but we all don't automatically think every male we meet might be a RSO with an assumed name.

Let's not condemn the parents - who did check on their child at 3 AM and did call LE ASAP and did take the proper action. Parents with something to hide don't call LE like these parents did - they try to cover up for their poor parenting or the RSO - like we have seen time and time again here. Not everyone knows about looking up RSO's or has the ability to do so and it doesn't appear the parents made a single mistake once they found their child and this missing. Parents are human beings who make mistakes but 99% of them would NEVER intentionally put their child at risk...but parents do make dumb mistakes (as do kids) and sometimes there are tragic results. Condemning these parents does nothing except make the next set of innocent parents with a child missing reluctant to call LE.

Condemned to die RSO Couey lived 100 yards from the innocent angel he kidnapped in the night and killed - should we hold her GParents and Father to blame because they didn't know Couey was there or had family living there? It isn't always that the parents are neglectful, sometimes it's that the system does not do enough to protect children from RSO's.

Let's celebrate that this girl made it home ALIVE and WELL and that her family was doing everything in their power to find her.

My Opinion

first bolded section...one does NOT need a computer to do a SO check, it is as easy as going to your local police station. This information is available in 3 different languages in california. These parents were neglectful in the respect that they allowed an individual to come into their home and stay there without knowing his background first. Your comment does not hold water for me in that respect.

As for our angel Jessica, these are two VERY different circumstances, as they did not allow him to come stay as a gues in their home.

My Opinion

Good post!
But yeah, I do blame the parents. We have family members who do not speak english and who do not have computers but they are wise enough to know not to bring strangers into their homes especially when children are there. They know never to leave children alone when strangers are around because sadly, this is the world we live in today.

About Couey, the most vile, disgusting human being alive who should be wrapped in a garbage bag and buried alive. He is evil and deserves to be treated as such.

Do I blame Jessica's family? No, I just wish they had the wisdom to check out their neighbors. Was the registered? I don't know. Would checking the SOR sites pulled up his name and address? I don't know. All I know is that when you have a child, you should protect that child at all costs. I wish her dad had stayed home that night, as I am sure he wishes he had stayed at home too but he is not to blame for his daughters death. A stranger stole her out of her bedroom. He wasn't allowed to sleep in a room near her bedroom.

I check out my states registry every other day. I know where every single sex offender lives in my area code. I have driven by their houses too. We had only one living in my neighborhood and luckily there was an accidental fire caused by his heater. It destroyed the house but he was out of the neighborhood.

If you know someone, and they seem like a good person - they probably never thought it was a possibility. Most people think there's going to be some sign, some warning, that you'd just know. There isn't, of course, but people tend to believe that way - and it's so much more comforting to believe it.

Do you really check out every friend of yours? I don't. I can't say for sure, even after this, that if some friend of mine, some neighbor or such, needed a place to sleep for a night or two, that I'd check them out. I don't think any of my friends are even possibly that type. But then, I'm sure they didn't think so either.

And indeed, he could have given a false name to them - checking might not have told them a single thing.

I had a roomate for 3 years when I was single (17 years ago), everybody thought he was the nicest guy in the world. We were great friends, ended up that 3 years ago he was arrested and conivted of 42 counts of molestation against another friends daughter over the course of several years. Given that, Yes I do check out everybody. If the check turned up clean and the pervert ended up molesting, I guess you could at least say that you had done your very best to protect your child.

The creep wasn't left alone with the child - the parents were right there in the house.

Mistakes were made. Unfortunately hindsight is 20/20. I'm sure these parents will be questioning themselves for a long time to come. Playing the what if game. I hope the police explain to them the can check to see if some one is a RSO online or at the local precinct. I think a lot of people don't know this is an option. Hopefully people around this child will learn from this, and maybe they will run some checks and prevent something like this from happening to their loved one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back