NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
The face to face call to BC, you don't think is was from GBC at Kholo Creek to his Dad showing the location of Allison's body or checking where to put it.

Honestly though I still don't think GBC did this without help.

I was a bit surprised EBC didn't visit yesterday, my thinking was that she either can't bear to see him in a jail environment or is emotionally very fragile and just couldn't handle it, or perhaps OW is going home to Townsville and she went to say goodbye.

I do think OW actions are quite strange in relation to her family. The school holidays are on perhaps her children are in Brisbane and prhaps thast is another reason EBC didn't visit, she may have been minding OW children. It must be hard for OW children as well, they have lost cousins, an uncle and an aunt and a lot of there own Mums time.

Off topic - what is going on with young parents in Queensland - the Dad at Eagleby and a baby of 6 months so badly abused and reported on the front page of the CM. So many children in such time who have been so traumatized or worse at the hands of their main care givers - there parents. I do not understand!!

WS, I have an unusual request and I need your help if you're willing. Right back while ABC was still missing, there was a rumour that there'd been DV by GBC to ABC. ABC had spent some time in a DV Shelter. Unfortunately we do not have the name of the shelter she is supposed to have spent time in. One of ABC's friends called me today asking me to help her to either eliminate this rumour completely, or provide a name of the shelter. She spoke to CIB yesterday and they understand the need to remain anonymous, but, if you know, would you please send me a message through the WS with the name of the shelter on it, and we will pass it to CIB for their investigation. And since WS is nicely anonymous, both your privacy and mine will remain protected. Unless of course you contact Crimestoppers yourself. Please do that if you can!!! We don't want CIB to chase their tails uselessly if this is not true, but if it is true, and we can provide them with the name of the shelter ABC went to, that would be a big help to them.

I really hope you get the help needed.

I was wondering though, would the DV line be able to help with that? Do they keep any sort of records of where the people who seek help are put? I'm sure the police would already know this avenue though. Surely they would have to have some record of who goes through their shelters? I understand the whole privacy thing, but since this woman is deceased now it should not be a problem.
Glad to hear the evidence could still be piling up against GBC.

There must have been just a bit of a mix up with the days then as GBC was arrested on Wednesday 13th June ??

From your first & second posts where you said officers flew to Townsville....

"A friend told me yesterday that QPS travelled to Townsville on Wednesday to put pressure on Olivia. Very good source."

"As I've said once before here, I know for a FACT that the arresting officer and other QPS officers went to Townsville to meet with Olivia the DAY BEFORE GBC was arrested. Not Monday, not Tuesday, not three weeks earlier ... it was WEDNESDAY. Gerard was arrested on the Thursday."

I've already corrected my mistake in a subsequent post. I got the names of the days wrong (confused with Alison disappearing on a Thursday), sorry. But my point is simply this: trip to Townsville was the day before arrest.

I remember at the time marlywings that Radster did reply that for the second statement he got the day wrong - GBC was arrested on Wednesday June 13th and Radster reported after correction that the police visited Townsville on Tuesday 12th of June. I wondered at the time if the mistake was due to the public holiday on the 11th of June Monday.

He seemed quite adamant in both posts that OW was visited by police on the Wednesday even though he came back & said...

"My bad. My point was that the Townsville visit was definitely the day before."

Trying to catch up....HEAD SPINNING.....so many questions.....here are a few.

Someone mentioned the Prado being up for sale...where is it advertised? Also, if it was Alison's car(?), is it allowed to be sold? Guessing sale is for 'fundraising'. Wonder if there will be a garage sale on Brookie Rd. soon? MUSTARD JACKET ANYONE????

What will happen with their house, I wonder? Speculating that they were probably in arrears with rent and now it's a vacant crime scene....owners must be livid. Does anyone know if the Craptiva is still impounded? Is it the Craptiva which alledgedly has blood in it? MSM reported that GBC had only 8 weeks earlier leased a vehicle. 1. How the devil did he get finance and 2. Is this the Craptiva?

I believe the police had enough evidence leading up to the arrest but were just waiting and watching for any 'strange' behaviour before pouncing. I've heard stories of GBC being at a recent school disco acting a bit doolally...maybe they thought he was going mad and then there is talk of him applying for a passport. I can just imagine the dude at Aussie Post reporting this post haste!
ALL MOO IMO etc.

1. It was reported in the paper the other day that the car were leased., and would have been in the name of the business and therefore a business expense.

2. The house was rented and I knew someone who owned a unit in which a murder took place years ago, the police department paid the rent while they needed the house for investigation and then paid to have repainted and cleaned up so my friend was not out of pocket.

The face to face call to BC, you don't think is was from GBC at Kholo Creek to his Dad showing the location of Allison's body or checking where to put it.

Honestly though I still don't think GBC did this without help.

I was a bit surprised EBC didn't visit yesterday, my thinking was that she either can't bear to see him in a jail environment or is emotionally very fragile and just couldn't handle it, or perhaps OW is going home to Townsville and she went to say goodbye.

I do think OW actions are quite strange in relation to her family. The school holidays are on perhaps her children are in Brisbane and prhaps thast is another reason EBC didn't visit, she may have been minding OW children. It must be hard for OW children as well, they have lost cousins, an uncle and an aunt and a lot of there own Mums time.

Off topic - what is going on with young parents in Queensland - the Dad at Eagleby and a baby of 6 months so badly abused and reported on the front page of the CM. So many children in such time who have been so traumatized or worse at the hands of their main care givers - there parents. I do not understand!!

I do think the video call had something to do with him showing his dad what he had done. Personally I think he did it at home. Would it have been too dark out there for his dad to see anything on the video call?

That story about the 6 month old baby ... that was awful. I have a 6 month old grandson who was at our home that night, all snug in bed, fed and warm. It broke my heart to think that this other baby was struggling for his life at the same time. My daughter cried when she found out , she said "Don't tell me anymore Mum, I'm going to cry." Babies and children are so trusting and they will love a parent no matter how badly they are treated... in my opinion, if you don't want the kid either adopt it out or give it to someone who will cherish it... and don't ever use the child's life to get back at the other parent. So pathetic.

I've already corrected my mistake in a subsequent post. I got the names of the days wrong (confused with Alison disappearing on a Thursday), sorry. But my point is simply this: trip to Townsville was the day before arrest.

Ok............

I know I said similar weeks back but I just can't get over the amount of detectives, police officers, forensics officers who have supposedly been sprouting off information about this case left, right & centre in such a tightly guarded case.

There really does need to be some sort of investigation if this is the case & whichever officers are involved in sprouting off should be held accountable....I truly think it's disgusting!!!!

What makes it even worse is that IF these officers are telling whoever, those people then get onto online forums & let loose with that closely guarded information....wrong on sooo many levels!!!

He seemed quite adamant in both posts that OW was visited by police on the Wednesday even though he came back & said...

"My bad. My point was that the Townsville visit was definitely the day before."

I assumed then that Radster clarified the police visit as the Tuesday the 12th of June, and the arrest Wednesday 13 th of June.

There are probably people on here who could verify, but I imagine the Tuesday would be the correct scenario. Visited Olivia and interviewed her, flew back to Brisbane (1 and half hours) reviewed information and next day reported to senior officers and arranged the pick up of the children and the arrest of GBC.

The problem I have in thinking Allison was left at the bridge is that in the dark it would have been almost impossible to carry her from a car without causing injury. Although anywhere around that area at night would be the same...no street lighting (unless car lights were left on to guide them) long grass, rocks, vines (caught me in broad daylight) steep slope...caterpillars! All MOO.

I'm way behind here so this may have been addressed already, but Indromum, given your valued opinion above, is the following feasible in that setting:

-- two strong males carrying body

-- two males with scouting experience ingrained from young age

-- two males with possible (probable) knowledge of that area given vicinity to scout camp, selling properties in area but also possible premeditation

-- one or both with torches to assist

-- perhaps causing slight injuries, scratches etc from scrub, vines etc, grazes to elbows if falling etc

Is this feasible to you from what you saw, or still not really possible in your view?

I'm way behind here so this may have been addressed already, but Indromum, given your valued opinion above, is the following feasible in that setting:

-- two males with possible (probable) knowledge of that area given vicinity to scout camp, selling properties in area but also possible premeditation

-- perhaps causing slight injuries, scratches etc from scrub, vines etc, grazes to elbows if falling etc

Is this feasible to you from what you saw, or still not really possible in your view?

I think it is feasible

Could he have called him earlier, but it took them a while to figure out what to do... and cleaning up etc? I think I'm just bummed out because I really thought that it was relevant at the time.

Probably was around 4am, I can't remember now, haha, there are so many different times running around in my head.

I'm the same - I was so sure there was significance in the sighting of the two cars! Perhaps after dad came to the home to help him, gbc decided to leave his phone at home for the drive out to Anstead - for once he used his brain and realised the pings might give him away? Perhaps dad is smarter than him and told him to leave his phone at home?

Ok............

I know I said similar weeks back but I just can't get over the amount of detectives, police officers, forensics officers who have supposedly been sprouting off information about this case left, right & centre in such a tightly guarded case.

There really does need to be some sort of investigation if this is the case & whichever officers are involved in sprouting off should be held accountable....I truly think it's disgusting!!!!

What makes it even worse is that IF these officers are telling whoever, those people then get onto online forums & let loose with that closely guarded information....wrong on sooo many levels!!!

I think at the time to Marlywings that a police officers wife posted that police were human and very often the only people they could speak to was their family and friends.

Ther is so much interest in this case that there would be few policemen who haven;t been asked fy family anf friends if they know anything and that I think would be the case with their families as well - you know the old saying "loose lips, sink ships" well it is not quite that bad. There is a lot of gossip and as we have discovered a lot of it is just that - gossip, remember the story about the boarded up house and children not being able to play in the yard, the chains from Coles, the hand, the dinner recorded on CCTV, all rumour and all wrong. We expect a lot from our police but let us remember they are human and while in a perfect world nothing should pass there lips I am sure that there are many details that have not passed there lips and the bits that have been shared are really quite inconsequently.

I don't know the area around Kholo, but could Allisons body have been transported via boat/canoe from another location like the Scout/camp ground ?

MOO

My understanding is that FaceTime is a video call...is that right? Maybe G showed N what he had done? IMO

He probably thought that there would be no record of a Facetime call as it is not made through your phones services provider it's an Apple app. (fortunately he was wrong)

Regarding the interference to the body the press releases have always referred to this as taking place at Kholo Creek not bridge, however I don't think GBC would have wanted to hide the body too well as if no body is found you can't make an insurance claim for many years. Perhaps there is an opening a bit further up where he placed the body and used his knowledge of the tides to determine that it would be washed out once there was a significant amount of rain. MOO

There are a lot of other murders of women by men where the man didn't need any physical assistance to dispose of the body.

Is it just the fact that there was a sighting of two cars at the bridge, or is it the police asking about both of the family cars, is it just the phone call to the dad or do people really believe G was clueless/incompetent/not strong enough?

There are a lot of other murders of women by men where the man didn't need any physical assistance to dispose of the body.

Is it just the fact that there was a sighting of two cars at the bridge, or is it the police asking about both of the family cars, is it just the phone call to the dad or do people really believe G was clueless/incompetent/not strong enough?

I don't think he's incompetent/not strong enough, maybe a little clueless in this case, but I think he's weak willed, i.e. all his affairs, and has depended on dad to help him out in the past so naturally called on him this time. moo

Wouldn't police be aware of these shelters & they'd keep a list of names surely??

I agree, I find this request a bit odd. Police will know all the shelters in the Brisbane area as they sometimes have to take women there. All my interactions with the shelters for women and children are marked by a great working relationship between police and the women who run the shelters. Surely if CIB is aware they can find out.

I really do not understand the nature or rational for the request. Sorry, is there something that I am missing?

lightbox

Hi all, (this is all my opinion only)

I sit here my computer, reading news articles, WS, I chat to people about this story and talk things over with my family. In all that I just cannot comprehend the details of this story.

We have a man that has delusions of grandeur. Who thinks that his family name is something that makes him special above everyone else. He manages a business poorly even though he has been successful in business in the past, unfortunately makes unwise decisons regarding funds and how to get them, then ends up in financial trouble.

He treats his wife with such disrespect and starts relationships with other women to boost his own ego (and they are relationships not just one night stands or flings - not that it makes it any better if it is a fling).

Amidst all that, the pressure from his unwise business decisions begins to build, all the while he thinks he is totally in the right and has the right to be unfaithful to his wife. The pressure builds more and more so he tries to find a way out of the dire straits he finds himself in.

Any normal man would face the consequences. Any normal man would usually think that bankruptcy would be the best course of action to clamber out of such a huge debt that he faces. Any normal man would turn to his wife and try to find a solution together, try to plan for the years ahead. Any normal man would find a new job, his wife would go to work too to help pay the bills.

So, you have a situation that needs a solution that is dificult to achieve, will take a lot of sacrifices to make ends meet. You have a man that has some business acumen, you have a wife that has some incredible skills and very educated. Therefore, going out and getting jobs in order to struggle through would be the normal thing to do.

But not our player. Instead of turning to your wife of 15 years to find the solution together, our player decides his best course of action is to kill his wife and claim the insurance money to pay of his debts. It is the stuff of Bold and the Beautiful.

What is more disgusting than all that is the mistakes he makes along the way. I for one had been hoping that this was an argument gone terribly wrong. A fight breaks out and Allison is tragically killed by falling and striking her head. A horrible accident. I was hoping that our player, in panic, tried to cover it up, but the depth of depravity for this bloke runs deep. So as details have unfolded over time it seems that is not the case and it was planned.

Killing her in the house with the children there - totally unforgivable;
Ringing Daddy when you are supposedly so sound asleep that nothing can wake you up - so stupid its funny;
Engaging a high profile lawyer very early on - panic;
Lying to - The Police, The Dickies, His children, probably his own family - pathetically weak;
Dumping her body in the mud - disgusting;
Thinking it was his only option - downright evil;
Ringing the insurance company regarding Allison's life insurance policy prior to her death, during the search and when she was found - unbelievable dumb.

Need I go on.

I was at the Charity Event Cricket Match on Sunday. The only comfort in all this was the unbelievable show of support for Allison and the girls. At last count there was over $40,000 raised on the day - amazing.

I know justice will prevail, the evidence is piling up. However, I will be totally disgusted if my tax paying dollar will go to pay for his legal fees through Legal Aid because he cant afford the lawyers.

My :twocents: Cheers,

I think at the time to Marlywings that a police officers wife posted that police were human and very often the only people they could speak to was their family and friends.

Ther is so much interest in this case that there would be few policemen who haven;t been asked fy family anf friends if they know anything and that I think would be the case with their families as well - you know the old saying "loose lips, sink ships" well it is not quite that bad. There is a lot of gossip and as we have discovered a lot of it is just that - gossip, remember the story about the boarded up house and children not being able to play in the yard, the chains from Coles, the hand, the dinner recorded on CCTV, all rumour and all wrong. We expect a lot from our police but let us remember they are human and while in a perfect world nothing should pass there lips I am sure that there are many details that have not passed there lips and the bits that have been shared are really quite inconsequently.

I was a Police officer for ten years and I know at times overhearing people repeating gossip about things they have heard concerning a case , the temptation to at least tell them they are wrong can be overwhelming. and people's favourite thing to say to back up their latest lie is to drop the name of a Police Officer who is their "best mate" and told them all about it. Huge amount of tax payers money spent investigating these sort of "allegations"...
OMO :fence:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member