NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on you, very kind people and I am sure it is safe the say the whole community says thank-you. I hope you have the opportunity to take care of yourselves a bit extra because of the toll your loss and your support will have taken xx

Gawd - I hope I didn't come across as martyr-ish! (oo, poor us, we're little bit hurt out here..) Nah, we were just doing what needed to be done, what most of u guys would have done in the situation. Once u have known these three gorgeous girls (and know that the access being provided to savory relatives was getting more and more restricted by the day) it was not a hard brain switch to flip. Simply 'right, what do we do til they're safe?'. But, yes it is huge relief now. No more mustard-colored Albatrosses around our necks now (to wreck Colleridge). Just feel so much for the Dickies plus H, S & E - a long, long road ahead.

Having acted all tough above, I will admit that I have had to get (shrink) help to make some sense of it all... Brain stuck on the horror, injustice, finality. Have become a bit hyper-vigilant etc. Anyhoo..

And u know what? This place has been a bit like (slightly wacky) therapy! Thanks for everyone - ur all pretty wonderful

Gawd - I hope I didn't come across as martyr-ish! (oo, poor us, we're little bit hurt out here..) Nah, we were just doing what needed to be done, what most of u guys would have done in the situation. Once u have known these three gorgeous girls (and know that the access being provided to savory relatives was getting more and more restricted by the day) it was not a hard brain switch to flip. Simply 'right, what do we do til they're safe?'. But, yes it is huge relief now. No more mustard-colored Albatrosses around our necks now (to wreck Colleridge). Just feel so much for the Dickies plus H, S & E - a long, long road ahead.

Having acted all tough above, I will admit that I have had to get (shrink) help to make some sense of it all... Brain stuck on the horror, injustice, finality. Have become a bit hyper-vigilant etc. Anyhoo..

And u know what? This place has been a bit like (slightly wacky) therapy! Thanks for everyone - ur all pretty wonderful

Looking forward to you hanging round here, and your valuable input! :woohoo:

Shelters aren't as anonymous as people are saying. You can search for them onine and find the closest one to you. I did it myself. But enough of this. I merely forward the request from ABC's friend in the hope that any person who may know for certain about a shelter visit will contact Crimestoppers. I didn't expect a kind request from a friend for help to be met with this hostility and suspicion. The only reason I said I was available via my WS email was because I know some people are too scared to contact Crimestoppers themselves. But I rescind that now. Do not contact me. Please call Crimestoppers.

Hugs to you, woof! I believe that what you did was with the best of intentions, woof...and I'm sure many others here do too! Please don't let people's questioning stop you from posting...that's what websleuths is all about. Most of us here genuinely care (as you do) for Allison, her children and other women who've been subjected to psychological and physical abuse.

Keep the great thoughts coming! :)

Thank you I was trying to work out how to say that without sounding 'narky' towards the poster asking for the info - I had a man try and trick me into giving him info on an address once - the state would have done for him as he would have been able to track her down from that. He got the info from somewhere else (post office we think) tracked her down and bashed her very badly

I just said it before, but in response to your posting I will say it again. Shelters are NOT anonymous. If they were so secret, women needing them wouldn't find them! I myself did a search on where to find one through Google.

I just posted above that I no longer will be willing to receive this info. I was only offering it because I know that some people are too scared to call Crimestoppers, but since you're making this accusation I am not going to. If there is a person here who DOES know for a fact, instead of just rumourmongering, then call Crimestoppers.

No more accusations need to be thrown at me thank you.

That's so true! If only he hadn't said he slept all night! Bet he's doing this:banghead:

I think GBC was busy that night too but :-
It could be a way of explaining away the phone call to police. He got up to do a wee and noticed Allison wasn't home. Says he called his dad to see if they'd talked to or seen Allison as they had a big fight and left the house.Assumed she was at the her best friends place but didn't call her because they had just had a fight and being the middle of the night her friends wouldn't be very happy with him.Went back to bed and slept soundly til morning.He could still say that he last saw her at 10 pm and that he's a sound sleeper couldn't he? If he didn't love her he would not sacrifice his beauty sleep to make any further inquiries in the middle of the night .That phone call has to be explained away somehow if he is going to remain pleading innocent, isn't it? IMO

BBM

Not at all martyrish, WhatTheyHey. In fact, I think you and all the people that cared for Allison and her children during that horrible time between her death and the bail hearing are absolute heroes.

Can understand the need for therapy too after experiencing such terrible shock, loss and stress and I'm glad you have found a professional ear to talk it all out with. (I just hope it wasn't the therapist who supposedly counselled Allison and Gerard re their marriage...from what i've read of it it was crazy advice that was being given).

Hugs to you and take care of yourself.

You know you are right about the wacky therapy here lol, so very true. I know I have kept some things to myself for a long time and this case brought them out. It has been a sort of therapy to let things out, now time to close the door ont that stuff again and move on for me haha.

It could be a way of explaining away the phone call. He got up to do a wee and noticed Allison wasn't home. Says he called his dad to see if they'd talked to or seen Allison as they had a big fight and left the house.Assumed she was at the Dickies but didn't call them because they had had a fight and being the middle of the night the Dickies wouldn't be to happy with him.Went back to bed and slept soundly.He could still say that he last saw her at 10 pm and that he's a sound sleeper couldn't he? That phone call has to be explained away somehow if he is going to remain pleading innocent, isn't it? IMO

Not very soundly. He must have replaced the phone on the charger later.

Also, the Dickies senior live about two hours away, and A's brother and sister in a different city too. If he was concerned enough to ring his father, he also would have rung A's phone too. There would be records of that.

I just said it before, but in response to your posting I will say it again. Shelters are NOT anonymous. If they were so secret, women needing them wouldn't find them! I myself did a search on where to find one through Google.

I just posted above that I no longer will be willing to receive this info. I was only offering it because I know that some people are too scared to call Crimestoppers, but since you're making this accusation I am not going to. If there is a person here who DOES know for a fact, instead of just rumourmongering, then call Crimestoppers.

No more accusations need to be thrown at me thank you.

I wasn't accusing but any information that is supposed to be confidential should be confidential - people can and do lose their jobs from giving information out that they shouldn't - If Allison had attended a shelter then that information is confidential as is the name of it. The police would have been able to make a couple of phone calls and find out in a couple of hours. Please don't read offence or imagine accusations when none are implied

No you didnt come across as a martyr, when bad things happen some people just know what has to be done and do it.

I am so glad those girls had some normality around them in what would have been a very scary time - well done Brookfield mums :)

Not very soundly. He must have replaced the phone on the charger later.

Also, the Dickies senior live about two hours away, and A's brother and sister in a different city too. If he was concerned enough to ring his father, he also would have rung A's phone too. There would be records of that.

Have edited to say her friend in place instead of Dickies ...when I realised the Dickies lived on the coast. Forgot about the placing on the charger----that would be hard to explain. How will he explain the phone call ? Just trying to think it through. If I were a juror that one point could be the final nail needed to convince given that the evidence is supposedly all circumstantial.MOO

i agree with you Hawkins, I was expecting a big , indepth piece in the weekend editions, and was disappointed when it wasn't published. Perhaps they are waiting for something else to happen - e.g. another arrest, I don't know but I had expected it as well.

Im hoping they dont, it would be nice for the families to be left alone until the hearing in July, im sure they all must be praying for peace and quiet. especially the Girls and the Dickies, im sure they dont need any more reminders of this tragedy.

I'm surprised that we haven't read of some other significant elements to this matter in the press this week. Then again the CM seems to be very timely with its reporting. I usually dislike the way that paper keeps a story on the boil with fluff and human interest contexts, but in this case I think they are doing a good job of acknowledging the huge public interest without getting too tabloid about it. I'd be interested in reading another Madonna King type piece now that there has been an arrest etc. She's pretty good at refelcting the general community feeling about these sort of issues IMO.

Anyone want to make a bet that Madonna King is coming out with a new article?

I would like to say big thank you for taking the time out and helping when the people that were less fortunate than yourself, and in a difficult situation You are an angel.

They will never forget you.

There must have been fences that you jumped over, even when you knew you would tear your pants.
What a sweetheart.:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Hi guys. I can put this one to bed. It was definitely not TM. It was a fellow Brookie mum like me who has kids his age - I spoke with them both at show. Like many of us, she has had to play a 'double agent' role for 8 weeks now, being polite, continuing with lifts for the girls, generally hovering around. Some asked, why, how can u stand to b NEAR him? Here is how - we realised that if we all back away, horrified, from that little blue house en mass - then the girls are left vulnerable day to day. So we plastered on our smiles and our best suburban manners and entered conversations, responded, cooperated etc. To keep contact, keep an eye, ears alert. For the girls, but mostly for Al.
All v. relieved now, post-Friday. X

Thanks WhatTheHey - as I said, I suspected that was the case at the show. You local mums have been wonderful from everything I've heard - the girls came first for you even though it meant you had to stomach dealing with GBC. It must have been so, so hard to have him round that school and around your own children - especially hard for those who were close to Allison. I have no doubt you are all very relieved. Hats off to you all x

exercise:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

LOL. Cheeky!
Not the horizontal kind of exercise.

Didn't the blog say the team were doing personal training.
Maybe there were extra threesome personal training sessions....:what: JKS

I think GBC was busy that night too but :-
It could be a way of explaining away the phone call to police. He got up to do a wee and noticed Allison wasn't home. Says he called his dad to see if they'd talked to or seen Allison as they had a big fight and left the house.Assumed she was at the her best friends place but didn't call her because they had just had a fight and being the middle of the night her friends wouldn't be very happy with him.Went back to bed and slept soundly til morning.He could still say that he last saw her at 10 pm and that he's a sound sleeper couldn't he? If he didn't love her he would not sacrifice his beauty sleep to make any further inquiries in the middle of the night .That phone call has to be explained away somehow if he is going to remain pleading innocent, isn't it? IMO

Can anyone else suggest how he will explain away the midnight phone call ,if he continues to plead innocence? I think a lot hangs on it in his corner. IMO

Did you think he was involved early on?

Not early enough. I spent the first few days after Al missing thinking she'd stomped off somewhere. Then a couple more thinking of the random attacker scenario. Then it slowly started to dawn.... but even then u think- aw, c'mon, there must b some other explanation! He's Mr Suburban- Innocuous! So u go down a few other ( stupid, gullible,) paths for a while until you sit down one day with another Mum and u cry together and say... Oh no. This is the new reality - there is no other. Then, up, dust yourself off, and work out how to get something positive going for the girls out of this hell. Even before the bail hearing, u hang onto manslaughter, if only for their future sanity (i.e. it was maybe a terrible mistake?) BUT along comes info on dumb google searches, dumb phone calls, dumb insurance claims....
Stupid, evil f$@k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members