IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe...nor have I ever believed that DN is BG...moo. Respectfully..It would be nice if we could find another topic of conversation...him and his wife have been talked about to death imo. I wish that the police would clear him if he isn't guilty. I truly wish the police would release a little more information regarding Abby & Libby's case..I've seen too many cases go cold (Kyron Horman's for instance) when the police don't release enough information.

ITA. I never felt he was the one, and I have been working every single day digging on other poi's. I'm still amazed how many think DN is the guy and seem to have totally stagnated sleuthing any further? Why ? How can anyone be so certain he's the Bridge Guy and not even consider others ? Becky Patty has been trying so hard to get the word out to keep looking, keep passing out fliers, keep raising awareness because this case is unsolved with NO suspects .

I wonder if any will tweet proceedings from courthouse. Alexis McAdams tweets a lot, no?

Check Lance Bezel's Twitter. He's affiliated with the Colorado Gazette and covers El Paso County court proceedings. If any significant developments come out of DN's court appearances today, my guess is he'd be one of the first to tell the public:
https://twitter.com/lancebenzel

I don't think DN is BG simply because there has been no indication from ISP that he is involved. If they don't have evidence by now, it seems to me they never will. How could someone murder 2 girls and leave no evidence? IMO only.

Given the amount of resources poured into this investigation, I believe the fact that ISP - to the best of my knowledge - has not returned to CO since their initial contact with him in late Sept/early Oct.

On 12/22/17, before L&A's thread was closed, I posted wondering why no BG profile has been released, and is that unusual or not. While the thread was closed I found a profile of the Evansdale, IA suspect, created by the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit. Which is what I was referring to with regard to Libby & Abby. (MSM articles call it a profile, LE calls it possible suspect characteristics.)

FBI has been involved in this case, and in the big Feb press conference it was mentioned even the Director was being kept apprised. They did verbally mention certain things to watch for (change in appearance, unusual focus on case, etc.). But I'm wondering why no official 'profile' or summary of possible 'suspect characteristics' of BG has been released, like this one: http://evansdalepolice.org/suspectinfo.html

ITA. I never felt he was the one, and I have been working every single day digging on other poi's. I'm still amazed how many think DN is the guy and seem to have totally stagnated sleuthing any further? Why ? How can anyone be so certain he's the Bridge Guy and not even consider others ? Becky Patty has been trying so hard to get the word out to keep looking, keep passing out fliers, keep raising awareness because this case is unsolved with NO suspects .

I think this is the problem with being limited to speaking of DN on here, Boggled. For those of us who sleuth outside of WS, we've been introduced to other people who appear to be a much greater match to BG than DN (and I am not just speaking physically). However, since DN is the only person we've been given permission to discuss on here, and with lack of recent updates, there isn't much in the way of topics to keep the conversation going. I appreciate that this isn't FB, where people were posting random shots of regular people and asking if they looked like BG, but if we can't discuss other arrests/possibly related crimes/etc then there's not much left to discuss. I am also weary of the DN talk.

On 12/22/17, before L&A's thread was closed, I posted wondering why no BG profile has been released, and is that unusual or not. While the thread was closed I found a profile of the Evansdale, IA suspect, created by the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit. Which is what I was referring to with regard to Libby & Abby. (MSM articles call it a profile, LE calls it possible suspect characteristics.)

FBI has been involved in this case, and in the big Feb press conference it was mentioned even the Director was being kept apprised. They did verbally mention certain things to watch for (change in appearance, unusual focus on case, etc.). But I'm wondering why no official 'profile' or summary of possible 'suspect characteristics' of BG has been released, like this one: http://evansdalepolice.org/suspectinfo.html

In my experience, it is more uncommon for the profile to be released than to be held. Profiles are not created for the public but for law enforcement. They are also generally better at exclusion than inclusion.

I think this is the problem with being limited to speaking of DN on here, Boggled. For those of us who sleuth outside of WS, we've been introduced to other people who appear to be a much greater match to BG than DN (and I am not just speaking physically). However, since DN is the only person we've been given permission to discuss on here, and with lack of recent updates, there isn't much in the way of topics to keep the conversation going. I appreciate that this isn't FB, where people were posting random shots of regular people and asking if they looked like BG, but if we can't discuss other arrests/possibly related crimes/etc then there's not much left to discuss. I am also weary of the DN talk.

Request permission from Tricia to discuss them and/or tip them to LE if you have suspects please.

The snippet from this article was written Feb 28, 2017 but yet it's equally relevant still to this day.

"......."A lot of what we see social media wise is simply two things," Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said of the groundswell of posts about the girls' killings. "No. 1, I feel like people venting or offering their opinion. Then secondly, theories is a lot of what we’re offered.”

Theories are useless if people don't know the evidence, and since police have been tight lipped about the particulars of this case, posts on social media merely speculate what the person thinks might have happened, he said......"

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rs-wrong-no-arrests-delphi-slayings/98537636/

I do not believe...nor have I ever believed that DN is BG...moo. Respectfully..It would be nice if we could find another topic of conversation...him and his wife have been talked about to death imo. I wish that the police would clear him if he isn't guilty. I truly wish the police would release a little more information regarding Abby & Libby's case..I've seen too many cases go cold (Kyron Horman's for instance) when the police don't release enough information.

You can "ignore" those posting about DN all day long by viewing their profile and adding them to your ignore list. It makes this board much more pleasant to read. I wish Websleuths has an alert when there was a new article posted about the crime.

Just another reference on what's going on today in court for DN:

*Disposition Hearing (@ 10am MT) - for El Paso County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – arrested (9/25) & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Held on $6.8K bond Daniel J. Nations' decision to forgo a preliminary hearing (11/29) on charges of menacing and first-degree trespassing, both felonies, may be a sign that a plea deal is in the works on those charges. He remains jailed in El Paso County, records show. He is due to return to court Dec. 15 for an arraignment, at which time a possible plea deal could be announced.
No resolution, postponed from 12/15

*Disposition Hearing (@ 10am MT) - for Teller County charged being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; Hearings were on 11/2 (Disposition Hearing) & 11/6 (Prelim Hearing); additional charges will likely be filed. Combined bonds $15K "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.
Offered a plea deal for possession of hatchet, postponed from 12/15 (again!)
Permanent Planning Hearing for children set for 1/4/18 Plus in Indiana these are 3 separate cases. Warrant/Writ issued 5/25/17 (11/16/16) Marion County: Drug possession, paraphernalia, and driving without a license. Warrant/Writ issued 6/5/2017 & 10/18/17 (4/25/17) Bartholomew Co. (Greenwood City Court): Driving without a license and possession of drug paraphernalia. Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 (6/1/17) Johnson Co: Failure to register as a sex offender. All now have outstanding warrants.

Thursday, January 4th:
*Permanent Planning Hearing (@ 11:30am MT) for Teller County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – re Children, last hearing was 12/7; also charged with being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession of a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; additional charges will likely be filed (Tim Watkins murder?). Combined bonds $15K. Last hearings were 11/6, 12/7 & 12/15..
In El Paso County arrested & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Felony Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Held on $6.8K bond; next hearing on menacing charges was Nov. 29th. Hearing for El Paso charges on Dec. 15th for "maybe" a plea deal; no updates. "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.
Plus in Indiana these are 3 separate cases. Warrant/Writ issued 5/25/17 (11/16/16) Marion County: Drug possession, paraphernalia, and driving without a license. Warrant/Writ issued 6/5/2017 & 10/18/17 (4/25/17) Bartholomew Co. (Greenwood City Court): Driving without a license and possession of drug paraphernalia. Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 (6/1/17) Johnson Co: Failure to register as a sex offender. All now have outstanding warrants.

Thank you for detailed information; wouldn't know how to find this myself and it's relevant.

I wonder if any will tweet proceedings from courthouse. Alexis McAdams tweets a lot, no?

AM is tweeting from Indiana, so if we hear anything from her it will be second hand. moo

For those interested in what happened in El Paso court - info is on the TW thread. Link on page 1

Check Lance Bezel's Twitter. He's affiliated with the Colorado Gazette and covers El Paso County court proceedings. If any significant developments come out of DN's court appearances today, my guess is he'd be one of the first to tell the public:
https://twitter.com/lancebenzel

Lance Benzel
@lancebenzel
·
20m
Nations — who attracted scrutiny in murder probes in 2 states — hasn’t been charged in any homicides. Only making threats and trespassing.

Lance Benzel
@lancebenzel
·
22m
Plea deal for Daniel Nations could be announced Friday, his atty says in court. Today’s hearing postponed for further talks. @csgazette

Unless the definition of a plea deal has changed, this says to me Nations isn't worth wasting the courts time.

Do we know if DNA evidence was found? If so, do US police share DNA profiles? If it's yes to both, then presumably that means DN isn't the killer?

NO. No one has any idea if viable DNA was obtained at the scene. And no one knows if CO has shared his DNA.

M
Do we know if DNA evidence was found? If so, do US police share DNA profiles? If it's yes to both, then presumably that means DN isn't the killer?

NO. No one has any idea if viable DNA was obtained at the scene. And no one knows if CO has shared his DNA.

M
It is likely that CO submitted the results to CODIS so in that respect Indiana would have access to it. DNA in Indiana is the key to the case, hopefully evidence techs found some.

[ISP Sgt. Kim Riley] said police also have obtained samples of Nations' DNA, which has become a common procedure over the course of the seven-month-long investigation. He added that the samples will be compared to evidence gathered at the crime scene. "We check DNA on everybody that has been investigated," Riley said. "Every person that we have talked to, we've gotten a DNA swab from."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

So, yes, IN LE has DN’s DNA; and, yes, they have viable DNA from the crime scene (which LE has been comparing to the DNA of “every person that we have talked to”).

Indiana LE reported they obtained DN's DNA.

The only thing that makes sense to me, is that have DNA from the crime scene, but it is not know if it is the killers.

Otherwise, they'd be able to rule people out and they aren't doing that.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members