CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dube says this was not unusual behavior and in fact she has seen much worse.

My mom pulled out all her IVs and could get out of restraints. Scared the nurse the first night after they thought she had more than enough meds

That makes me sad. I'm so sorry :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this sounds like my 3 year old grandson's attention getting behavior or his "melt-downs" when is told no...No sign of psychosis anywhere.

Dube doesn't seem to want to help the defence at all.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
Sounds like Aurora #theatershooting jurors can look forward to more video watching this week.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 2m2 minutes ago
Defense is going to play a 2-minute exhibit now for #theatershooting jurors, Dan King says.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 1m1 minute ago
Judge is excusing Aurora #theatershooting jurors for the night. Back at 8:40 a.m. Tuesday.

That makes me sad. I'm so sorry :(

At no time was there any testimony this out of control perp trying to pull out his IV's...then again I got so use to true bonafide Psychotic patients...JH was only feigning a lot of his behaviours however since so scared of pain..he just couldn't go that EXTRA mile LOL..Malingering's which never got suggested..but I'm suspicious..

Grown man with brain matter that was superior to his social ability..Yet it was his Brainy ability that led to his ability to plan this Slaughter!!

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 3m3 minutes ago
@GeorgeBrauchler pulled a Juan and King is pulling a Nurmi lol #theatershooting #TheaterTrial

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 3m3 minutes ago
Catty! #TheaterShooting def. won't disclose when their expert witnesses will testify because they say DA didn't do same 4 them. DA disagrees

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 3m3 minutes ago
@ArapahoeSO's Sean Robison, Barbara Dube close out Day 39 #theatershooting testimony. One described bunk fall, another head ramming incident

Good Night Everyone. Have to go get dinner ready!! Hugs

Night imjazzed! Thanks to you and Zoey for the tweets!

Dementia/altzheimers evil diseases

My nana had dementia. It turns out she was a carrier of Fragile X Syndrome. It's genetic. She passed it to my dad who passed it to me. There is a link with Frag X and dementia. I really hope I don't get it :(

I have talked about whether JH should have been medicated right from his arrest. I don't think it's impossible that the episode in November was genuine.

I just think the cynic in me is wondering whether it could have been a ploy to get ready for an insanity defence.

I also don't doubt he had mental health issues. I'm just not convinced that he was insane when he carried out the shooting.

Maybe he was psychotic in November. I don't think he was, but is it really that strange for somene in solitary confinement? I don't think so.

Nothing they have shown indicates to me he was not simply suffering from delirium. As they said, it shows up quickly and resolves quickly once the cause is treated... as his was reported to have done. It seems they are trying to suggest it was the antipsyshotic taking effect so quickly as what made his symptoms improve. I saw nothing that showed it wasn't just correcting his out of whack electrolytes that made his symptoms improve.

I have seen many patients suffer from delirium. It's very disturbing and is very similar to psychosis in symptoms. Older adults are really prone to it after surgeries, due to the general anesthesia affecting them. I had a patient that was seeing what she described as rats running around and blood on the walls in the rehab facility after breaking her hip and having it repaired in surgery. She was determined to leave and was cursing me and her daughter out. As she tried to get up and leave on her own, despite he broken hip. Her daughter was very upset and said how her mother was acting was something she had never seen before and that was "not her mother." After a few days, she was fine and back to the pleasant little lady she was before. Quick onset, quick resolution. Unlike psychosis.

I also believe the defense wanting to keep him unmedicated in jail so something like this might happen that they could use as proof of his psychotic state. And suggest that he just needed antipsychotics. Sure, the antipsychotics probably helped hiim also, but I don't think that really proves much for them.

My nana had dementia. It turns out she was a carrier of Fragile X Syndrome. It's genetic. She passed it to my dad who passed it to me. There is a link with Frag X and dementia. I really hope I don't get it :(

Scary!!! I'll say a little prayer for you. I know with me I am very sensitive for memory loss in others and myself. One of my sister in laws is dealing with it current fly.

Thank you for your insight Carson. It's so helpful to have an insider view from you and Lyndy. It really does sound like JH was suffering from delirium. It makes perfect sense that he recovered so quickly after his electrolytes were sorted out.

Scary!!! I'll say a little prayer for you. I know with me I am very sensitive for memory loss in others and myself. One of my sister in laws is dealing with it current fly.

Say a big prayer for me! :)

I watch my dad closely and he is starting to forget things. Not from years ago. He can talk about his army days like it was yesterday but give him a crossword puzzle and he will get so stressed that he can't remember simple words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member