The Bonfire

I don't believe he is lying. I think he just the same routine every day, and is blending his days in. Also, they pushed him into a corner.

Those with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

He failed to mention an important activity on that salient night--one he admitted to later, and one that his defense attorneys also admit to. He lied by omission, and it was on purpose.

I realize there are people who desperately want this guy to be innocent and have decided he is and have gotten emotionally involved, and they may refuse to believe evidence, but the truth isn't going to go away. This guy lied.

He failed to mention an important activity on that salient night--one he admitted to later, and one that his defense attorneys also admit to. He lied by omission, and it was on purpose.

I realize there are people who desperately want this guy to be innocent and have decided he is and have gotten emotionally involved, and they may refuse to believe evidence, but the truth isn't going to go away. This guy lied.

I realize there are those who believe he is guilty and so desperately need to be right, that no amount of evidence to the contrary will suffice, but the truth isn't going away anytime soon. This guy was framed.

Many of us want to know what happened to Teresa and we are painfully aware that we just don't know...yet.

He may have "lied" because he figured they would ask him again and again. He probably had a bonfire regularly.

I don't believe he served 18 years in prison whilst being innocent, then leaving remains of a missing woman behind his trailer in a fire pit.

I am thinking logically.

Maybe the bonfire was just something they needed people to admit to so they can explain why the bones were planted there. Maybe there never was one on that day.

I'm beginning to wonder the same thing. When is the first time (that can be verified) that Tadych stated he saw a fire at Avery's place?

I'm beginning to wonder the same thing. When is the first time (that can be verified) that Tadych stated he saw a fire at Avery's place?

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...Trial-Exhibit-357-Scott-Tadych-11-29-2005.pdf
I don't know if this is considered verified LOL it's a summary of an interview with Scott.... November 29th.

He did NOT mention a fire in his November 10th interview.
http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...bit-356-Scott-Tadych-11-10-2005-Interview.pdf

Blaine did NOT mention it in his November 7th interview.
http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...bit-355-Blaine-Dassey-11-7-2005-Interview.pdf

not sure of any others because I can't find them or they are not available yet. I started to listen to Brendan's interview from the 7th, but I just couldn't get through it all, first 25-30 minutes did NOT mention a bonfire that night.

I realize there are those who believe he is guilty and so desperately need to be right, that no amount of evidence to the contrary will suffice, but the truth isn't going away anytime soon. This guy was framed.

Many of us want to know what happened to Teresa and we are painfully aware that we just don't know...yet.

Avery lied. That too is evidence. Lying didn't help his case.

You and others believe Avery was framed, however there is no proof of that occurring, only beliefs. The defense presented their theory of tampering and framing, and a jury of 12 rejected those theories.

Avery lied. That too is evidence. Lying didn't help his case.

You and others believe Avery was framed, however there is no proof of that occurring, only beliefs. The defense presented their theory of tampering and framing, and a jury of 12 rejected those theories.

Lots of innocent people in jail right now, including Brendan Dassey IMO. Casey Anthony is free as the "jury" didn't convict her of what was obvious to most of the world.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...Trial-Exhibit-357-Scott-Tadych-11-29-2005.pdf
I don't know if this is considered verified LOL it's a summary of an interview with Scott.... November 29th.

He did NOT mention a fire in his November 10th interview.
http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...bit-356-Scott-Tadych-11-10-2005-Interview.pdf

Blaine did NOT mention it in his November 7th interview.
http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...bit-355-Blaine-Dassey-11-7-2005-Interview.pdf

not sure of any others because I can't find them or they are not available yet. I started to listen to Brendan's interview from the 7th, but I just couldn't get through it all, first 25-30 minutes did NOT mention a bonfire that night.

If we toss out Brendan's inconsistencies, someone must have seen a fire behind Steven's garage on 10/31 in the early evening. Barb was in and out on the evening of the 31st - up to the hospital in Green Bay with ST, back at 7:30, over to ST's house later.

Does anyone have her statement to police ? In no way do I believe Brendan when he said the whole body was put on the fire on the night of 10/31. Too many folks coming and going ...

If we toss out Brendan's inconsistencies, someone must have seen a fire behind Steven's garage on 10/31 in the early evening. Barb was in and out on the evening of the 31st - up to the hospital in Green Bay with ST, back at 7:30, over to ST's house later.

Does anyone have her statement to police ? In no way do I believe Brendan when he said the whole body was put on the fire on the night of 10/31. Too many folks coming and going ...

I have not seen a statement, or should I say a summary of Barb's statement. The only statement I have seen from Bobby was Feb. 27th, I would think he gave one before that?

IMO the lack of anyone making mention of that fire is odd, unless they all knew that SA burned her in that fire and all decided to "lie", but why would Scott lie, he clearly didn't like SA, and IIRC his relationship with Barb was fairly new, I think her husband was still there in September (T. Janda) because he called AutoTrader in September and had the same address. I got the impression in his first statement that he didn't even know all of the boys' names, he knew Bobby because they had the common hobby of hunting.

Ok we need to pinpoint who all said there was a fire, who saw it, who said they were there, etc. Anybody got a few hours to comb through some interviews today? GAH I wish I did!!!

Ok we need to pinpoint who all said there was a fire, who saw it, who said they were there, etc. Anybody got a few hours to comb through some interviews today? GAH I wish I did!!!

From all the interviews i've read thus far, it seems like no one mentions it. However, it could be because having a bonfire, is quite normal at the Avery's. I believe ST is the only one who said there were 10 foot flames.

And, I honestly do not believe it was a bonfire, but just a normal fire.

From all the interviews i've read thus far, it seems like no one mentions it. However, it could be because having a bonfire, is quite normal at the Avery's. I believe ST is the only one who said there were 10 foot flames.

Agreed, this is what I consider to be a bonfire.

Bonfire-night-fire-013.jpg

Agreed, this is what I consider to be a bonfire.

View attachment 87941

They may have just called their backyard pit fires, "Bonfires". We had a fire pit, certainly wasn't a genuine, "bonfire", but we did commonly refer to to it that way, as in; " hey were lighting a bonfire tonight, stop over!"

But it was different than a true beach party bonfire kinda thing... not exactly a towering inferno by any means.

I tried to look through as many as I could last night. Blaine, Bobby and Scott never mentioned to fire early on. I can't find interviews for CA, EA or Fabian. Scott appears to be the first to mention a fire at Avery's in his November 29th interview. It should be noted... On another website there is an accusation that the police were badgering Janda and her children. One incident involved the cops showing up at a restaurant to confront Janda/kids. Scott's first interview where he mentions a fire took place was at... A restaurant.

There are only three options for why no one mentioned the fire early on.

A) Everyone knew Avery was burning her and were covering for him.
B) Fires on the property are so common they are easy to forget.
C) There was no fire that night.

I tried to look through as many as I could last night. Blaine, Bobby and Scott never mentioned to fire early on. I can't find interviews for CA, EA or Fabian. Scott appears to be the first to mention a fire at Avery's in his November 29th interview. It should be noted... On another website there is an accusation that the police were badgering Janda and her children. One incident involved the cops showing up at a restaurant to confront Janda/kids. Scott's first interview where he mentions a fire took place was at... A restaurant.

There are only three options for why no one mentioned the fire early on.

A) Everyone knew Avery was burning her and were covering for him.
B) Fires on the property are so common they are easy to forget.
C) There was no fire that night.

This is what I have been able to find too. I'm not liking the summarized interviews at all... who is to say LE didn't badger them asking them about a fire and whoever they were interview insisting there was NOT a fire that night..... is LE going to put that in their summary????

SA is reported as saying something about burning brush and garbage the week before TH was there IIRC.

And wasn't it Blaine that said he would remember if there was a bonfire, because he liked bonfires???

This is what I have been able to find too. I'm not liking the summarized interviews at all... who is to say LE didn't badger them asking them about a fire and whoever they were interview insisting there was NOT a fire that night..... is LE going to put that in their summary????

SA is reported as saying something about burning brush and garbage the week before TH was there IIRC.

And wasn't it Blaine that said he would remember if there was a bonfire, because he liked bonfires???

My theory only... There was no fire that night. Scott was the first to say there was (in a police summarized interview at a restaurant). He also had a different version of his story that day so it's possible his memory is faulty. Or it's possible he was badgered to the point he just said whatever would make them go away. The rest of the family came around to saying there was a fire after Brendan was arrested.

My theory only... There was no fire that night. Scott was the first to say there was (in a police summarized interview at a restaurant). He also had a different version of his story that day so it's possible his memory is faulty. Or it's possible he was badgered to the point he just said whatever would make them go away. The rest of the family came around to saying there was a fire after Brendan was arrested.

And that might be only b/c Brendan initially said he had invited a girl over for a bonfire on Halloween night and she declined.

So SA apparently never mentions the fire, but did he ever deny it? I'm SO freaking confused now!!

So SA apparently never mentions the fire, but did he ever deny it? I'm SO freaking confused now!!

IIRC the summaries I read do not say he was asked and denied. He does talk about a fire the week before TH was there.... was he asked when the last time he had a fire was? Who knows!

IMO summaries suck LOL I would rather see an actual transcript or hear the audio.

ETA: can you imagine if they had just put out a summary of Brendan's interviews???? if we had never seen the video's, would most of us be as outraged?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back