Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was almost willing to give her a little bit of a pass until I discovered that she worked with her husband's sister, the one that was repeatedly molested by his father and by him. I strongly suspect that she accompanied the sister to the hearing. Something is not right with DJ. Now, it has all but ruined the life of her daughter. I just do not see how AR can recover, but I hope that she can.

Does anyone ever recall the case of the Golers in BC? This is what it is almost sounding to me like - generations of incest and abuse.

but i still can't get past AR's mother finding lube, sex toys, & her own husband & AR in towels when the shower is dry:confused::mad:

It also speaks volumes that she noticed the shower being dry, imo. She may have gone directly to take a shower herself and noticed, but the way that it was worded in the affidavit it sounded like she had checked. If that's the case, then there was obviously some suspicion of what was going on in that house coming from Denise.

I can't imagine marrying a man who was once accused of sexually assaulting a relative and then pled guilty to aggravated rape and kidnapping. WTF? Was he falsely accused and railroaded two times? There is no excuse in my book for Denise.

I can't imagine marrying a man who was once accused of sexually assaulting a relative and then pled guilty to aggravated rape and kidnapping. WTF? Was he falsely accused and railroaded two times? There is no excuse in my book for Denise.

I agree - there is NO WAY IN HELL I would marry, let alone knowingly have an RSO around my children. Something's just not right in her head, imo.

Does anyone ever recall the case of the Golers in BC? This is what it is almost sounding to me like - generations of incest and abuse.
I am not familiar with this family; however, it sounds like this family on both sides are very, very dysfunctional. I know that everyone has basically excused the bio father of Brooke; however, I think that he also knew that MJ was a RSO. So, I can't give him a complete pass. I just think that he should never have let his daughter be exposed to that guy, even if it meant calling CPS and getting custody of her.

Maybe, I just don't understand the system. Are these guys allowed to be around children? I don't care if he graduated from some program with flying colors.

I was almost willing to give her a little bit of a pass until I discovered that she worked with her husband's sister, the one that was repeatedly molested by his father and by him. I strongly suspect that she accompanied the sister to the hearing. Something is not right with DJ. Now, it has all but ruined the life of her daughter. I just do not see how AR can recover, but I hope that she can.

Whew, you're not kidding.
I'm shocked Denise allowed AR to be questioned by LE without an attorney present!
DJ seems like she'd go the extra mile to protect MJ.

Interesting case. The daughter makes a good point about allowing SO's around children at all. MJ is a good example. All they'll do is find women with children to marry. And even have their own children to abuse.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/1998/08/11/goler980811a.html

(snip)
"They can't babysit their niece, they can't babysit their cousin or their own child," Goler says. "They cannot be alone whatsoever with a child under the age of 14, unsupervised."
Goler was removed from the squalor of her family home when she was just 11. Her testimony helped convict her own father, among other family members. Today, her father is back before the courts once again, charged with the sexual assault of a child.

I am not familiar with this family; however, it sounds like this family on both sides are very, very dysfunctional. I know that everyone has basically excused the bio father of Brooke; however, I think that he also knew that MJ was a RSO. So, I can't give him a complete pass. I just think that he should never have let his daughter be exposed to that guy, even if it meant calling CPS and getting custody of her.

Maybe, I just don't understand the system. Are these guys allowed to be around children? I don't care if he graduated from some program with flying colors.

Brooke's mother and father weren't married. i think trying to get custody of a child by a father is hard, but even harder for an unmarried father. but i have been known to be wrong.

there was discussion on another thread quite some time ago the mother could have decamped to Alabama and therefore the father would have lost his chance to see Brooke at all should he have tried to gain custody of Brooke.

It so seems that given Jacques criminal past the courts would have automatically given custody to the Father and put her in he & the step-Mother's home even while the Father was in Iraq. Admittedly I don't know the system either. Jacques should have never been taken off probation. This is such a tragic case.

I agree - there is NO WAY IN HELL I would marry, let alone knowingly have an RSO around my children. Something's just not right in her head, imo.

Yes and there seems to be an alarming number of adults in our society similar. The people who might benefit from some sort of coulseling the most often times avoid it.

It so seems that given Jacques criminal past the courts would have automatically given custody to the Father and put her in he & the step-Mother's home even while the Father was in Iraq. Admittedly I don't know the system either. Jacques should have never been taken off probation. This is such a tragic case.

Forget probation he should never have done just FOUR YEARS for aggravated rape and kidnapping, especially when there was a prior allegation of a sex crime which can be considered for sentencing, at least most places. This boggles my mind, people go to jail for longer on drug charges.

Brooke's mother and father weren't married. i think trying to get custody of a child by a father is hard, but even harder for an unmarried father. but i have been known to be wrong.

there was discussion on another thread quite some time ago the mother could have decamped to Alabama and therefore the father would have lost his chance to see Brooke at all should he have tried to gain custody of Brooke.

Floh..I totally agree with what you are saying. Her Dad and his wife even sold their house to move to Alabama to be close to Brooke. Then Brooke's Mom moved back to Vermont.

You would not believe how courts in my state here are so pro the mother no matter the circumstance. Within my family their is a child living with her mother in section 8..government assisted housing..where all drug addicts and pervs live...while her father who has a good paying job, lives with his wife and son in a small but clean and pretty house in the country..and the courts will not give him custody. Instead this family member has to pay her child support, all medical bills for her and the child, as well as alimony, while she has custody and lives in filth. The money for the child is never used for the child.

I still have to chuckle at the fact that Ray was dumb enough to go to the public library, sign a sheet authorizing his use, then log on and think the Feds wouldn't know.

stupid flocks with stupid...
but trying to understand stupid is even harder...

Floh..I totally agree with what you are saying. Her Dad and his wife even sold their house to move to Alabama to be close to Brooke. Then Brooke's Mom moved back to Vermont.

You would not believe how courts in my state here are so pro the mother no matter the circumstance. Within my family their is a child living with her mother in section 8..government assisted housing..where all drug addicts and pervs live...while her father who has a good paying job, lives with his wife and son..and the courts will not give him custody. Instead this family member has to pay her child support, all medical bills for her and the child, as well as alimony...while she has custody and lives in filth.

I agree, which ever parent can give the child the best life and is psychologically better equiped to be the custodial parent should get custody.

...DJ seems like she'd go the extra mile to protect MJ.
Someone mentioned that maybe MJ pitted DJ against AR. Maybe, that is what happened; and DJ felt like she was in competition with AR with AR being the aggressor. I know that it sounds sick, but this entire family dynamic is sick. AR probably feels special from the attention and feels that she is providing something to MJ that DJ isn't. DJ is jealous. The entire thing is warped, warped, warped. Maybe, that's why AR didn't like Brooke. Maybe, AR was very jealous and didn't want to be displaced.

Someone mentioned that maybe MJ pitted DJ against AR. Maybe, that is what happened; and DJ felt like she was in competition with AR with AR being the aggressor. I know that it sounds sick, but this entire family dynamic is sick. AR probably feels special from the attention and feels that she is providing something to MJ that DJ isn't. DJ is jealous. The entire thing is warped, warped, warped. Maybe, that's why AR didn't like Brooke. Maybe, AR was very jealous and didn't want to be displaced.

AR IMO was wise beyond her years (at no fault of her own), because she was used by MJ for his sexual depravity, but here's what gets me. Mom was allowing AR to go out on car dates with boys who were old enough to drive? Did she think they were going out to talk about Barbie's or Hannah Montana? What does a 14 YO have in common with what - 16, 17 YO boys? *nothing* Maybe AR had a reputation and was known to "put out". Sorry to sound so crass. There has been mention in the past of SB having issue with AR. Maybe that's why the cousins didn't like AR or there was issue - they didn't want to be associated with her because of her rep? JMO and a theory - don't be hatin' on me. She definitely could have been vying for MJ's attention, as well.

There is just something so dreadfully wrong with the entire family dynamics.

Whew, you're not kidding.
I'm shocked Denise allowed AR to be questioned by LE without an attorney present!
DJ seems like she'd go the extra mile to protect MJ.

The police can question a minor child as long as they are trying to get evidence on someone else other than said minor. The police questioned my son at school about an incident without our knowledge and this is what we were told.

It's easier for men than it used to be. I know several men that have custody. The laws in Alabama are that you can't move to another state without the other parents permission. It may be the same in other states, not sure. But I know that's the law in Alabama.

The police can question a minor child as long as they are trying to get evidence on someone else other than said minor. The police questioned my son at school about an incident without our knowledge and this is what we were told.

doesn't that depend on the state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member