IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post was by Tr. in the previous thread. Worth bringing over here incase anyone missed it.

I spent a few hours looking around the area where the body was located in Fall Creek.
I went up stream and looked for places where it would be the easiest to move a body from a car to the creek without being noticed. I also scoured the ground around these places for any sign of jewelery of clothing...nothing found.
A couple of things that stand out (to me) about this area as a chosen body dump site:
- There is hardly anywhere along this creek that you would not be taking a considerable risk in being seen disposing of a body or moving a large object from a car..etc
There is a lot of traffic and the area is heavily populated.
- A couple of the best spots for doing so require that you trespass on Boy Scouts of America property...but the creek is very close to the road (along Fall Creek Pkwy just east of Shadeland Ave.) and dense with trees and vegetation.
- Further to the East is Ft Benjamin Harrison State Park

- Imo someone utilizing this area as a body disposal sight would likely have a strong familiarity with it beforehand.
In other words, they did not just pull off of the interstate and find this in the dark. Imo, they had to know the area.

-As mentioned earlier, Fall Creek is fed by Geist Reservoir. It's possible that the body was dropped near the dam.
And, again I think this would require some knowledge of the area.
Although the dam is several miles upstream from where the body was discovered, the creek has been out of it's banks recently.
Heavy rains through this area in June could have pushed a body downstream that distance.

The creek has a very inconsistent depth range. Today parts of the creek are no more than 18" deep in places and there are pockets that are several feet deep.
Unless you used the dam as the "put in point" you would have to know the creek well to know where the deep pockets are in order to conceal the body.
It's the kind of creek that meanders most of the time and seems to stand still in places.
But when heavy rains come, it rises quickly and becomes a fast moving stream.

When LS went missing on 6/3 we had not had rain for several days. On Sat. 6/4 we had a major storm from the North through Indy in the early evening and late evening it passed through Btown.

I hope they know whose body this is, in any case, it is so sad if they cannot identify someone...

Also, I believe it has been mentioned multiple times that one of the POI went to high school only a few miles from this location where the body was discovered.

I hope they know whose body this is, in any case, it is so sad if they cannot identify someone...

I think they will ID someone. My guess it could be the missing grandmother. LS and grandmother are actually of similar height and grandmother has kind of a silver blond hair that I guess might be difficult to tell from LS blond hair.
"That investigators searching for an underage college student and a great-grandmother could both be interested in the Fall Creek discovery says a great deal about the extent of the decomposition of the body in Fall Creek and how little police could do to initially identify it."
http://www.indystar.com/article/201...ek-body?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

- Imo someone utilizing this area as a body disposal sight would likely have a strong familiarity with it beforehand.
In other words, they did not just pull off of the interstate and find this in the dark. Imo, they had to know the area.

This can probably not be overstated. Despite the location being right off of 465, if you were headed northbound, you would need to know to get off of the interstate at exit 40, which is a full mile south of the location.

Edit- though I suppose the creek is accessible from the interstate itself, if you pulled over to the shoulder, you could throw something over.

I see this case a sort of an "opposite end of the spectrum" to Holly Bobo's disappearance - LS had so many around her when she disappeared, I truly can't keep track of who was where, who did what that night. I think those around her are all worrying about being implicated is lesser crimes, and as such their interests hinder the truth coming out. I still think it's possible someone other than those already mentioned took LS...

Another thought - it was at the end of the school year. Did that play any part in this... putting pressure on someone who wanted to have LS, and acted before she was about to go back home (assuming she wasn't staying around for any summer courses..) Were there more parties taking place because most were about to leave...prompting a perp to act before the crowds thinned out for summer?

Forgive me if this is an amateur question, but how long do autopsies take? I am assuming it depends on the condition of the body, crime, etc. The family members will be notified before any of us, etc....will we know the identity today?

I see this case a sort of an "opposite end of the spectrum" to Holly Bobo's disappearance - LS had so many around her when she disappeared, I truly can't keep track of who was where, who did what that night. I think those around her are all worrying about being implicated is lesser crimes, and as such their interests hinder the truth coming out. I still think it's possible someone other than those already mentioned took LS...

Another thought - it was at the end of the school year. Did that play any part in this... putting pressure on someone who wanted to have LS, and acted before she was about to go back home (assuming she wasn't staying around for any summer courses..) Were there more parties taking place because most were about to leave...prompting a perp to act before the crowds thinned out for summer?

She was planning to take a summer course at Ivy Tech Bloomington.

She was planning to take a summer course at Ivy Tech Bloomington.

Thanks for clearing this up.... so LS would remain over the summer... now I wonder if her remaining and someone who was leaving could have played a part...

It's been said that there were either four total or four others besides LS at JR's. They could very well be ZO, AB, JR, and his friend. If this pertains to her second visit of the night and she left at 4:30, then one of these four could have followed her and be her abductor.

I know this or something very similar has probably already been said. It's just taking shape in real way for me today.

Thanks for clearing this up.... so LS would remain over the summer... now I wonder if her remaining and someone who was leaving could have played a part...

I don't have a link, but I'm pretty sure she was only planning to stay for a short summer session before returning to NY for a summer internship at Anthropologie.

It's been said that there were either four total or four others besides LS at JR's. They could very well be ZO, AB, JR, and his friend. If this pertains to her second visit of the night and she left at 4:30, then one of these four could have followed her and be her abductor.

I know this or something very similar has probably already been said. It's just taking shape in real way for me today.

Would she have realized at this point that she might have left her cellphone at the bar and headed back to try to get it (bar would be closed though)? Would have been seen on security cameras, but would have tried to keep out-of-sight for fear of being caught under the influence....

Any clue on who JR's alleged visitor from home is? And what became of him/her after LS went missing?

I'm going to assume they've also ruled out Dorothy Heard. I was so hoping today would end the waiting for some family.

It could be weeks before police learn the identity of a woman whose body was found in Fall Creek, prompting speculation it could be connected to the case of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer.

The badly decomposed body, found Sunday in the river along the 6500 block E. Fall Creek Pkwy N. Dr., was intact, but officials said they haven't been able to determine how long it had been in the water.
Ballew said it was difficult to tell the hair color of the body, which was found without clothes.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28449548/detail.html

How sad that she remains unidentified...I am guessing they have DNA on the various missing women that they know about, so it may take a while for that to come back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie