Police looking into cases of Michaela Garecht and Ilene Misheloff

attachment.php

So the middle picture is from January 1988 - ten months before Michaela's kidnapping. How long could his hair have grown in ten months? I still think that he probably took Michaela, but I am thinking that he may have been wearing a wig. This would also explain the blond color of hair reported instead of his medium-dark brown hair color.

So the middle picture is from January 1988 - ten months before Michaela's kidnapping. How long could his hair have grown in ten months? I still think that he probably took Michaela, but I am thinking that he may have been wearing a wig. This would also explain the blond color of hair reported instead of his medium-dark brown hair color.

There are two composite drawings of Michaela's abductor. The second, revised drawing has him with shorter hair. I've added a photo of Garrido from 1988 for comparison.

garecht_abductor2.jpg
garrido1988.jpg

He could have easily shaved off the mustache.

The composite with the shorter hair was not based on eyewitness testimony, but was created in relation to a book that pointed toward Timothy Bindner as the suspect. The alterations from the original to the "short-hair" composite all seem to have been specifically done to make the composite look like Bindner. (Obviously, this is a backwards approach.) As a result, I would not put any faith into any resemblence to the sort-hair composite.

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but it appears to me that Garrido has some acne on the right side of his face in this 1988 Nevada prison booking photo.
The neck looks pretty "pockmarked" to me also. Garrido was out of prison shortly before Michaela was abducted in November of 1988.

pgarridomugshot1977adepartmey.jpg

Compare with the revised composite drawing of Michaela's abductor. I wish I could see a large sized image. This is the only one I could find.

garecht_abductor2.jpg

Could his acne have come and gone? Could he have routinely used some coverup medicine like Clearasil, but sometimes didn't? I used to use the Clearasil that covered up my acne, not the clear one, back in the day.

I've enhanced just the areas where pockmarks usually are. Look what I got: (if you click on the thumbnail you will get an enlargement)

Attachments

• pockmarked.png
    pockmarked.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 76
When were stun guns available for purchase? In an interview with Michaela's friend who was with her the day she was kidnapped she said Michaela was screaming and that as the car sped away she could no longer see Michaela. I have wondered what type of screams. The painful screams of a stun gun or scared type screams? She was also thrown into the backseat. How was she subdued in the backseat if the guy was focusing on driving? How could no one on the busy road not see a child in the backseat screaming or beating the windows especially since she was seen "kicking and screaming" when she was pushed in the car. If a child were even the least bit feisty it seems that someone would have seen something or remembered at least seeing a scared kid. Were there stop lights on this boulevard? I just wonder if someone else was not in the vehicle in the backseat.....just like Nancy Garrido stun gunned and subdued Jaycee Dugard while Philip drove the getaway car. Of course I understand that it is very possible Michaela could have been scared to death and obeyed her captor so that nobody could see her. I am just using the window beating as a scenario. It was random that she just happened to be going to the store. It was not like it was a usual route or routine that a perpetrator could predict. I believe it was somebody trolling with a purpose in mind. Michaela was snatched , not lured or quietly misled by this guy when he kidnapped her. Garrido is already known to have brazenly/violently ripped a child off the street (Jaycee). This crime is eerily similar to the case of Amber Schwartz Garcia who was kidnapped several months earlier in the same general region. Amber was also a blue eyed blonde as were Michaela and Jaycee. Supposedly Curtis Dean Anderson confessed to this kidnapping but a body was not found. I am not saying it was the Garrido’s but one thing that struck me as odd was a painting decorating their living room. The painting is of a young blonde girl. This seems like a peculiar choice of artwork since they did kidnap a young blonde pretty girl. Weird choice of art but then everything about them is weird and sick. I have often thought of writing to Michaela’s mom on her blog site but I doubt they want unsolicited thoughts from people regarding the case. The stun gun thing/screams has bugged me among other things. Any pictures of Curtis Dean Anderson around this timeframe 1988?

The last sentence caught my eye in the excerpt below. "He would not have the same appearance today." Maybe they need to do one of those age progression composites on the kidnapper the same way they do them on missing people. Somebody now 23 yrs later may actually recognize him?? You never know.

From an article:

"On November 18, 1988, Michaela's kidnapper was described as a man in his 20's, with long, dirty-blonde hair. His most outstanding characteristic was severe acne, like boils. He was driving an older, tannish-gold, full-size sedan, boxy in shape, with body damage. It is twenty years later. He would not have the same appearance

I don't think that Michaela's kidnapper was Garrido, he has freaky eyes, the witness they used to prepare the sketch would have noted that because its the thing that stands out about him. Also, Garrido is very tall, that would have been another notable feature for the witness as well.

I don't think that Michaela's kidnapper was Garrido, he has freaky eyes, the witness they used to prepare the sketch would have noted that because its the thing that stands out about him. Also, Garrido is very tall, that would have been another notable feature for the witness as well.

The witness for the skecth was 9 years old and scared. He alos lived not more then 16 miles away when she went missing. The Hayward police wanted to question him after Jaycee was found. But decided to wait till Jaycee's case was done. Now with the confession I pray the question the heck out of them. Also there was a car when he was arrested bearing a strong resembalance to the one who took Michaela under a tarp and not driven for years.

She did mention his eyes:
The eyewitness noted his eyes. "He had fox eyes," she said. "He looked right at me, but he didn't even see me."

http://missingmichaela.com/the_investigation

I also think Garrido's use of crank could account for the boils/acne.

We know Garrido actually started a long time ago, but I've always wondered about some other accomplice he may have had. I cannot believe he tapered off for any length of time. If he did kidnap these other girls, where are they? Maybe he was part of something bigger and traded them to someone or whatever.

We discussed the murder of Lisa Norrell on here somewhere. It happened in late 1998 just a couple of miles from the Garridos in Pittsburg/Antioch.

Who Killed Lisa Norrell?

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but I wonder if Garrido had associates. If so, then finding them could tell you more about what he possibly did, And, trying to figure out if there were other patterns to his behavior could help.

Here is a timeline for the many unsolved murders of females close to Garrido. Two were in 1992. In Nov of 1998, Lisa is murdered and a couple of weeks later there is an attempted kidnapping of a woman ("E. 18th St. just west of Hillcrest Ave., Antioch. Man tries to pull women from sidewalk into the bushes."). The next month there are three women found murdered (said to be prostitutes)... the killer of one was identified. One was "found dead in a ditch near where Lisa’s body was found." The next month another woman is found murdered along the same general area (again, said to be a prostitute). All of these are within a very small area and I think within 2 1/2 miles of the Garridos house. Plus, we also somehow have a pedophile connected to Lisa Norrell's case who appears to hand in some bogus perp and gets out of child molestation charges in exchange.

September 1998
8 - Duanne Dee Shoemake, Antioch fire captain, arrested on suspicion of repeatedly molesting two young girls.

January 1999
7 – Contra Costa County District Attorney Gary Yancey announces that there is not enough evidence to bring charges against Heneby and Walton. Walton leaves jail.
8 – Prostitute Valerie Dawn “China” Schultz, 27, found dead in an industrial area in Pittsburg.
11 – Criminal child molestation charges against Shoemake dismissed.
What about the possible parties Garrido had in his backyard. Where did the women/woman come from? Jaycee claims it wasn't her so was it a prostitute(s) perhaps? Maybe Garrido made money this way - somehow. I always thought he was also cooking and selling meth or crack/crank.

Did those men who frequented the parties possibly work with the Molinos junkyard or have someone in common with Garrido? Was Garrido making and selling drugs (meth? What exactly are all the details of those 60 calls to LE?). The Molinos also had some operation in Oakley at some point in time. Oakley is where the possible sighting of Jaycee was at a gas station in 1992. Again, this gas station is not far from the Garrido house. The CCC Sheriff's Office would never release this report.

Seems to me Garrido would work a certain area for quite a while ... like 18th St in Antioch/Pittsburg and the 1990's unsolved murders there)... like S. Lake Tahoe

http://www.carbonated.tv/news/dugga...ancy-garrido-test-camera-in-public-park-video

According to a map of Garrido's crimes, four of his previous victims had also been attacked in South Lake Tahoe.

The first known assault was a rape and kidnapping in Antioch on April 14, 1972.

That attack was followed by another rape and kidnapping on June 7, 1976, in South Lake Tahoe.
I would bet he did something between 1972 and 1976 - that may have been when he was in a band? Not remembering all those details but someone came forward that knew him?

The next assault was on Nov. 22, 1976, when Garrido attempted to rape and kidnap one woman and then raped and kidnapped a second woman, also in South Lake Tahoe.

Callaway-Hall was attacked Nov. 22, 1976, the same day Garrido tied to kidnap another woman. Six months before that, he was charged with rape and kidnap in South Lake Tahoe, but those charges were dropped because authorities believed the Callaway-Hall case would put him in prison for decades.

The Dugard kidnapping and the other cases all occurred within a few miles of each other.

So, he went back to the same area years later. Gotta wonder if there are clusters of crimes he committed or attempted to commit in different areas?

There are now two accounts where people have come forward claiming they think Garrido tried to kidnap their children in areas near Sacramento. One says they may have used Jaycee as a lure - I am not sure this exactly coincides with the claim the Garridos made to Jaycee about kidnapping her so others wouldn't have to suffer.

Local says Garrido used Jaycee as bait

Kashli Sutton, 22, said two months before Phillip and Nancy kidnapped Jaycee Dugard, the couple tried to kidnap her. She said in 1991, when she was just 3-years-old, a woman approached her while she was riding her tricycle in front of the family's Olivehurst home.
Olivehurst is right off the highway 35 miles North of Sacramento.

Barry Fox of Placerville said he believes the Garrido's were using Jaycee as bait to abduct other children.

Fox said he and his wife were shopping in, what used to be the Rancho Cordova Mervyn's, when a woman tried to abduct his 2-year-old.
Fox's wife caught the woman trying the leave the store.

But a little later, Barry believes the Garridos followed them to a different store, and used Jaycee to coax his daughter.
Rancho Cordova is basically ~15 miles directly West of Sacramento on Hwy 50.

I don't know, maybe someone could try to map out these places/routes/haunting grounds further.

This sounds like yet a different kidnapping, but the child was released - what location?

Pierson's office has previously said it has evidence of a 1993 tape that Nancy Garrido made in the back of a van of a 5-year-old child "for the express purpose of providing her rapist husband with sexually perverse entertainment." The child was released unharmed.

I think there was far more going on. Did the Garridos make this for themselves or?

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/07/13/3765835/prosecutors-release-evidence-in.html
The evidence includes photographs of videotape cases that Phillip Garrido tried to destroy. The Garridos had made the tapes of Phillip Garrido's sexual assaults of Dugard, who was kidnapped as an 11-year-old in 1991 and held captive for 18 years.
Also... it appears Garridos MO wasn't so easy to me. He worked with a partner, Nancy, and alone earlier? Did he work with others?

The age range is actually pretty broad from toddler to adult women. That is not atypical of pedophiles though. There's a misperception that they are only attracted to children. But toddlers?

Garrido haunted the same areas in many of these instances, that's why I have to wonder about Lisa Norrell and all those prostitutes in Pittsburg/Antioch.

To research Michaela and others, maybe the locations of the filming incidents and other kidnapping attempts would help? Then map all known missing females. As far as we know, he never attempted anything with males, but I have heard before that pedophiles might migrate from adult women, to girls, to boys - I have no idea if this is true.

"It is unbelievable that the parole agent got information on November 18, 1988, that Phillip Garrido had contacted his prior rape/kidnap victim Katie Callaway, right after obtaining new freedoms from the half-way-house, and the very next day on November 19, 1988, nine year old girl Michaela Garecht is abducted (pg 11)."

"2. On November 19, 1988, Garrido should have become a suspect in the Micaela [sic] Garecht case - who was abducted from market in Hayward, CA (only 20 miles south of Garrido halfwayhouse in Oakland)(pg 11)."

there's more ... here is the report attached again

"15. On November 17, 1998, Garrido federal parole agents should have searched the Garrido residence to look for the Antioch kidnapping/murder victim, 15 year old Lisa Norrell (EDC DA Report, pg 16)"

"It is unbelievable that the parole agent got information on November 18, 1988, that Phillip Garrido had contacted his prior rape/kidnap victim Katie Callaway, right after obtaining new freedoms from the half-way-house, and the very next day on November 19, 1988, nine year old girl Michaela Garecht is abducted (pg 11)."

"2. On November 19, 1988, Garrido should have become a suspect in the Micaela [sic] Garecht case - who was abducted from market in Hayward, CA (only 20 miles south of Garrido halfwayhouse in Oakland)(pg 11)."

there's more ... here is the report attached again

But the problem is that on one hand the DA notes that Garrido's original booking photo from his first arrest looks like the composite picture (actually it doesn't, Garrido has very distinctive deep set eyes that are not depicted in the composite). On that basis he says that a connection should have have been made. But in the paragraph immediately before that he talks about Katie Callaway saying that Garrido looked like the video that we have been seeing on TV recently, not like his early photos. Since Michaela was kidnapped shortly after Callaway's alleged encounter with Garrido, and if she was correct in her identification of his appearance (which I'm not so sure about), then Garrido couldn't have looked like the composite sketch. Both things can't be true, he either looked one way or he looked the other way, so either Callaway was mistaken or Garrido wasn't Michaela's abductor.

The DA seemed unduly emotive in the report, so I'm not so sure about his objectivity - the report is littered with unsupported conclusions, assumptions and logical contradictions, such as the one outlined above. I think he is peeved that he missed his opportunity to go to trial, along with his fifteen minutes in the spotlight, and this is his next best effort. It is a good thing he didn't go to trial since a good defence attorney would have ripped his logic to shreds. It wouldn't have mattered too much in the Jaycee case since the physical evidence spoke for itself, but in a trial that depended on circumstantial evidence IMO this guy would be taken to the cleaners based on his presentation here. A good DA will allways remain unemotional and objective about a case, failure to do that can result in the conviction of innocent people or compromising the case against someone who is guilty, neither of which is in the best interests of society.

Anyway, as far as Garrido and Michaela are concerned, it is possible but there simply isn't any evidence, so even if it did happen we will never know.

Tugela ... I see what you are saying. I didn't see the report as emotional but a strong call to action. Times have changed some, thank god. The 15 year old that Garriodo attacked in 1972 was intimidated into NOT testifying. I think the report should have been far more critical of local LE and such, not just parole folks.

Had they treated Garrido along the way as a serious threat, he probably would have been caught sooner. They should have had multiple photos of him and his name should have come up in all of the cases of missing and murdered women/girls in the area. Michaela was a bit further away but Garrido was never looked at that I know of in the death of Lisa Norrell a couple miles away from where he lived for 18 years!

Had they treated Garrido along the way as a serious threat, he probably would have been caught sooner. They should have had multiple photos of him and his name should have come up in all of the cases of missing and murdered women/girls in the area. Michaela was a bit further away but Garrido was never looked at that I know of in the death of Lisa Norrell a couple miles away from where he lived for 18 years!

The reason his name didn't come up was pretty simple: while he was on federal parole he didn't register as a sex offender, the local LE simply didn't know about him. When he was transferred over to the California's parole supervision the failure to register was realized and he was registered. That was in 1999 though, well after all these other cases, so they missed him.

In fact, if he had been registered when Jaycee was kidnapped, they probably would have found her decades ago.

I think that Garrido needs a good hard look by Hayward PD concerning Michaela. One thing to consider though: as close as PG's mugshot looks like the 1988 composite of the Garecht suspect, Garrido's hair was short when he was paroled from Nevada. Of course, he could have worn a wig for the kidnapping, but so could anyone else and looked somewhat like the composite.

I know that Michaela's mother was very interested in getting the Hayward PD in to interview Garrido, but that was squashed by PG's attorney. I offered to see if KCRA's Walt Gray might get another interview with Garrido and ask him about Michaela, but the mother only wanted the detectives to have a crack at him. In retrospect, that probably was the wise move, but I was thinking getting someone to ask the question was better than no one. I suspect that Hayward PD has already talked to Garrido or will shortly now that the attornies are out of the picture.

The reason his name didn't come up was pretty simple: while he was on federal parole he didn't register as a sex offender, the local LE simply didn't know about him. When he was transferred over to the California's parole supervision the failure to register was realized and he was registered. That was in 1999 though, well after all these other cases, so they missed him.

In fact, if he had been registered when Jaycee was kidnapped, they probably would have found her decades ago.

No doubt parole messed up big time and so did the psychologist(s). It's horrifying and inexcusable. That doesn't mean we need to excuse local LE/the Sheriff's office or other public safety agencies who had at least 30 interactions with Garrido or other persons at his address.

In 2002 the fire dept responded to a juvenile with a shoulder injury/swimming pool ..."The pool and the juvenile were located in the concealed compound"

The call to the CCC Sheriff's office in 2006 said Garrido "has several tents in the yard with people living in them and there are children there... (he) was concerned because the neighbor has a sexual addiction"

Pg 151 of the ED report (APPENDIX B) has a list of Garridos signifcant contacts with Public Safety Agencies - he registered with local law enforcement as a sex offender in 1999 and kept registering every year. Local Law enforcement checked his residence in June, 1999.

There are many queries of Garrido in the database by local law enforcement. One is about 4-5 days after the 2006 visit - so why did they query his name if they did not follow-up?

Plus, Garrido was arrested way back in 1972 for kidnapping and raping a 15 year old. That was not prosecuted but was still on file.

There was a reported sighting of Jaycee looking at her own missing poster in 1992 a couple of miles from the Garridos and the description fit the description of the van he still had.

I think that Garrido needs a good hard look by Hayward PD concerning Michaela. One thing to consider though: as close as PG's mugshot looks like the 1988 composite of the Garecht suspect, Garrido's hair was short when he was paroled from Nevada. Of course, he could have worn a wig for the kidnapping, but so could anyone else and looked somewhat like the composite.

I know that Michaela's mother was very interested in getting the Hayward PD in to interview Garrido, but that was squashed by PG's attorney. I offered to see if KCRA's Walt Gray might get another interview with Garrido and ask him about Michaela, but the mother only wanted the detectives to have a crack at him. In retrospect, that probably was the wise move, but I was thinking getting someone to ask the question was better than no one. I suspect that Hayward PD has already talked to Garrido or will shortly now that the attornies are out of the picture.

I hope they do get to interview Garrido and it leads to knowing if he could be involved one way or the other.

Walt Gray did ask PG's attorney "off the record" if Phil might be involved in the Garecht case and she said that she seriously doubted that he was involved in any other abductions. Well, now we know that Garrido WAS involved in other abductions (or, at least, near abductions), so I put no stock in her denial.

No doubt parole messed up big time and so did the psychologist(s). It's horrifying and inexcusable. That doesn't mean we need to excuse local LE/the Sheriff's office or other public safety agencies who had at least 30 interactions with Garrido or other persons at his address.

In 2002 the fire dept responded to a juvenile with a shoulder injury/swimming pool ..."The pool and the juvenile were located in the concealed compound"

The call to the CCC Sheriff's office in 2006 said Garrido "has several tents in the yard with people living in them and there are children there... (he) was concerned because the neighbor has a sexual addiction"

Pg 151 of the ED report (APPENDIX B) has a list of Garridos signifcant contacts with Public Safety Agencies - he registered with local law enforcement as a sex offender in 1999 and kept registering every year. Local Law enforcement checked his residence in June, 1999.

There are many queries of Garrido in the database by local law enforcement. One is about 4-5 days after the 2006 visit - so why did they query his name if they did not follow-up?

Plus, Garrido was arrested way back in 1972 for kidnapping and raping a 15 year old. That was not prosecuted but was still on file.

There was a reported sighting of Jaycee looking at her own missing poster in 1992 a couple of miles from the Garridos and the description fit the description of the van he still had.

Most of those database queries were after some health incident involving his elderly mother, those were probably routine. Some were related to the joint task force sweep. One was after the 2006 visit. I would guess they are related to the LE officers involved writing up their incident reports.

It has been a while but IIRC it was reported that Jaycee didnt remember anything like 1992 incident. In any case, her movements were tightly controlled at that time, and she would know. So it is safe to say that report was wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back