Thailand - Natalee Wongtalay, 11 mos, slain in murder-suicide, Bangkok, 25 April 2017

Indy Anna

Reaction score
Police Col. Jirasak Siemsak said officers found the bodies of 20-year-old Wuttisan Wongtalay and the baby in an abandoned hotel in Phuket province after receiving reports of the video.

“He felt neglected by his wife because they had been fighting so he took his 11-month-old daughter to the site of the crime which is the abandoned hotel,” Jirasak said. “Then we found the bodies hanging off the hotel.”
<snip> http://www.cbsnews.com/news/wuttisan-wongtalay-facebook-live-kills-baby-and-himself/

This is horrible. I feel terrible for the mother/wife.

Ok. Facebook live has to go.
RIP poor baby.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

What the hell is wrong with people? Now it's not good enough to murder your child, you have to have an audience too?

Ok. Facebook live has to go.
RIP poor baby.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I agree!! It has to go!!! There are horrific things happening that they want you to see. Horrific and sad!!!!
RIP to the baby!

There are just entirely too many crimes being committed on FB live. And the ones we know about are just the ones that are making the news - there's no telling what the actual total number of FB live criminal posts there are. I wish someone would look into it and find out the total number.

This is clearly a social experiment that's gone terribly wrong. It's got to go. God rest the soul of that poor baby and all the other people that have died as a result of people's desperation for their 15 minutes of fame and using FB live to achieve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are just entirely too many crimes being committed on FB live. And the ones we know about are just the ones that are making the news - there's no telling what the actual total number of FB live criminal posts there are. I wish someone would look into it and find out the total number.

This is clearly a social experiment that's gone terribly wrong. It's got to go. God rest the soul of that poor baby and all the other people that have died as a result of people's desperation for their 15 minutes of fame and using FB live to achieve it.

And it's not just FB. Katelyn Nicole Davis hung herself and live-streamed it using an app called live.me.

There's some sort of psychopathy going on that's directly related to the ability to live-stream violent acts like murder and suicide. I'm not smart enough to figure out just what the connection is - does the ability to live-stream encourage a person to go through with an act that they might have aborted if they were alone? Or is it just a "perk" to be able to share with the world?

I'm so sickened by this. The family (from what I read) saw the video. It was up for TWENTY FOUR hours!!!!! Facebook live needs to go!

And it's not just FB. Katelyn Nicole Davis hung herself and live-streamed it using an app called live.me.

There's some sort of psychopathy going on that's directly related to the ability to live-stream violent acts like murder and suicide. I'm not smart enough to figure out just what the connection is - does the ability to live-stream encourage a person to go through with an act that they might have aborted if they were alone? Or is it just a "perk" to be able to share with the world?

From what I remember from minoring in psychology it's the need to show people what a person feels those people have driven them to do - to lay blame. I'm sure in the case of suicide, live streams are the modern version of a suicide note. However, with crimes against other people it's just good old fashioned narcissism taken to a whole other level by live streaming the act.

[FONT=&quot]Wuttisan Wongtalay, 20, filmed the murder of his daughter on the rooftop of a deserted hotel in two video clips streamed on Facebook, before committing suicide,

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]first video had been viewed 112,000 times by mid-afternoon on Tuesday, while the second video had 258,000 views. The videos were also uploaded by other people to Google’s YouTube. YouTube said the videos were taken down within 15 minutes of it being notified.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wuttisan’s suicide was not broadcast on Facebook but his body was found beside his daughter,

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]was having paranoia about his wife leaving him and not loving him.”

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“We will not be able to press charges against Facebook, because Facebook is the service provider and it acted according to its protocol when we sent our request. It cooperated very well,”

Mother and deceased [/FONT]
$

[FONT=&quot]In January the torture of a man, who was bound, gagged and brutally attacked, was broadcast on Facebook live to more than 16,000 people before gaining a much wider audience once posted to YouTube.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]March, a 15-year-old girl from Chicago was sexually assaulted by five or six men or boys, which was again broadcast live to Facebook, with at least 40 people watching.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A Swedish court jailed three men on Tuesday for the rape of a woman that was broadcast live on Facebook earlier this year in the city of Uppsala, 50 miles north of Stockholm.

[/FONT]
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/facebook-under-pressure-after-man-livestreams-killing-of-his-daughter/ar-BBAnKdr?li=BBnbfcL

lets not forget stevie steve :(

[FONT="]Wuttisan Wongtalay, 20, filmed the murder of his daughter on the rooftop of a deserted hotel in two video clips streamed on Facebook, before committing suicide,

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT="]first video had been viewed 112,000 times by mid-afternoon on Tuesday, while the second video had 258,000 views. The videos were also uploaded by other people to Google&#8217;s YouTube. YouTube said the videos were taken down within 15 minutes of it being notified.

[/FONT]
[FONT="]Wuttisan&#8217;s suicide was not broadcast on Facebook but his body was found beside his daughter,

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT="]was having paranoia about his wife leaving him and not loving him.&#8221;

[/FONT]
[FONT="]&#8220;We will not be able to press charges against Facebook, because Facebook is the service provider and it acted according to its protocol when we sent our request. It cooperated very well,&#8221;

Mother and deceased [/FONT][/COLOR][IMG]https://tu9srvbirvvtmtukaw1nlxmtbxnulwnvbs5ha2ftywl6zwqubmv0.g00.msn.com/g00/2_d3d3Lm1zbi5jb20%3D_/TU9SRVBIRVVTMTUkaHR0cHM6Ly9pbWctcy1tc24tY29tLmFrYW1haXplZC5uZXQvdGVuYW50L2FtcC9lbnRpdHlpZC9CQkFuN0tVLmltZz9oPTQxOCZ3PTYyNCZtPTYmcT02MCZvPWYmbD1mJng9OTAxJnk9NzE0JmkxMGMubWFyay5pbWFnZS50eXBl_$/$/$/$/$[/IMG]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT="]In January the torture of a man, who was bound, gagged and brutally attacked, was broadcast on Facebook live to more than 16,000 people before gaining a much wider audience once posted to YouTube.

[/FONT]
[FONT="]March, a 15-year-old girl from Chicago was sexually assaulted by five or six men or boys, which was again broadcast live to Facebook, with at least 40 people watching.

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT="]A Swedish court jailed three men on Tuesday for the rape of a woman that was broadcast live on Facebook earlier this year in the city of Uppsala, 50 miles north of Stockholm.

[/FONT]
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/facebook-under-pressure-after-man-livestreams-killing-of-his-daughter/ar-BBAnKdr?li=BBnbfcL

lets not forget stevie steve :(
Yes, was thinking about poor Mr Godwin.

It's sick how many times Wongtalay's videos were viewed before someone was alerted. It's like witnesses to a crime who just stand around watching rather than contacting LE.

the pandora's box has been opened. there are many aps besides facebook live, too. welcome to the new normal in this crazy whacky world we live in!

oh and a lady killed her dog and posted the footage to facebook too.

I generally want to say 'but then they'll just stream it somewhere else', but I think there is something particular about Facebook that makes all these worse. I'm not sure there is anything logical about my feelings on that. Its ubiquity, perhaps? Live streaming is excellent and awesome technology and its use for educational, professional, and legit entertainment purposes outweight the negatives. However I've never seen why Facebook had to get in on it. Specific sites and tech already existed for those other reasons (eg Adobe Collaborate for educational, Twitch for gaming, skype or facetime for personal calls, Hangouts for video conference calls for casual work meetings, etc)

I can say that even if FB Live goes away, it won't stop people filming themselves doing disgusting and horrible things. That's been happening since well before Facebook was around let alone Facebook Live.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back