MA MA - Boston, Neponset Marsh, WhtFem UnkAge, UP16762, 3 rings incl/spoon, bracelets, Mar'82

Romulus

Reaction score
Namus UP 16762

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16762

Unidentified Body/Remains (White Female)

Found March 11, 1982 in Suffolk County, MA
Body Condition: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Probable year of death: to

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: Unknown Age

Approximate Height: 61 estimate
Approximate Weight: 95 estimate
Hair Color:
"head is covered by black hair."
"Shoulder length" (EMS Report)

Eye Color:
"Eyes appear to be brown.''
Scars and marks:
nothing

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing:
Red "pullover" shirt
Jewerly: "three rings on right hand, two bracelets on the right arm, spoon ring on little finger."

Footwear: nothing

Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA:
Sample is currently not available

Case History
:
In Neponset Marsh

I'm thinking (more like hoping) that she should have fingerprints if they are able to discern eye color?

Does anyone know why they wouldn't be able to determine age, not even from the teeth?

I think the "sterling" ring might possibly be missing a piece. It looks like a cameo ring. Something maybe similar to this. (Hopefully this link posts, I don't know how to add pics to a post)

http://cdn3.volusion.com/p47su.y695r/v/vspfiles/photos/9823309-2.jpg
Yeah, or it could have had a stone in it. I have a very similar ring with a malachite cabachon; other popular stones at the time were turquoise, coral, and mother of pearl.

The photo posted just fine, btw.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Yeah, or it could have had a stone in it. I have a very similar ring with a malachite cabachon; other popular stones at the time were turquoise, coral, and mother of pearl.

The photo posted just fine, btw.

I was thinking mood ring LOL

"Sterling" probably isn't a name, it's more likely an identifier for the quality of the silver the ring is made of. So real silver, not a cheap knockoff.

Sterling silver is 92.5% silver. In the UK it's usually shown as .925 stamped on jewellery.

Others I remember being popular in the late 1970s and 1980s were sodalite (blue, poor man's lapis lazuli), aventurine, amethyst, rose quartz, haematite and tiger's eye - all were cut as cabochons.

The spoon ring was very popular between 76 to around 78. IMO

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Others I remember being popular in the late 1970s and 1980s were sodalite (blue, poor man's lapis lazuli), aventurine, amethyst, rose quartz, haematite and tiger's eye - all were cut as cabochons.

Turquoise was really popular here in the 70s as well.

Carbuff, do you know the area in which these remains were found at all? Do you know what's there for businesses or parks & stuff like that? I looked up the Neponset Marsh on Google Maps but only found the river and the street she was found near.

Is there an estimated time of death? I'm new to this and still am unaware how long it would take to get to various degrees of decomposition.

Is there an estimated time of death? I'm new to this and still am unaware how long it would take to get to various degrees of decomposition.

Decomp varies by many factors, like climate & weather conditions, and whether or not the person was found on land or in water.
There's no time of death listed, but if they were able to discern eye color, it had to be within weeks, if not days.

Decomp varies by many factors, like climate & weather conditions, and whether or not the person was found on land or in water.
There's no time of death listed, but if they were able to discern eye color, it had to be within weeks, if not days.

Thanks for the info. Gonna see if I can help out, I just didn't want to be looking too far back.

Thanks for the info. Gonna see if I can help out, I just didn't want to be looking too far back.

Since we don't know the age or actual time of death, there's really no "too far back" :winko:
She may have been a run away from years or decades before.

Carbuff, do you know the area in which these remains were found at all? Do you know what's there for businesses or parks & stuff like that? I looked up the Neponset Marsh on Google Maps but only found the river and the street she was found near.
The river is the marsh--it's a tidal estuary. Most of the bodies found in it are dropped off the bridge, but it sounds like she was buried. It's always been popular with organized crime groups. In 1982 and earlier, the Winter Hill gang (Whitey Bulger) disposed of many of their victims there, but she doesn't match any of the known victims.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back