Timothy Brownlee Acuses Drew of Police Brutality

joanofarc

Justice for All Women and Children
Reaction score
Just in:

A man is accusing Drew Peterson, a suspect in his wife's disappearance, of police brutality after he claims that the former police officer broke his thumb.
Timothy Brownlee claims that Peterson injured his hand and used racial slurs during an arrest. Brownlee is suing Peterson, two other police officers and the Bolingbrook, Ill. police department.
Peterson's attorney says the allegations are unfounded.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317288,00.html

Kick him while he is down. Hmmm....I rather like it.

However, this does go towards Drew abusing his power as an officer and shows he can be out of control with men, too. I hope this man and his attorney can prove it.

The judge dropped the case I believe..which tells me they didn't have enough to charge this guy to begin with..That crazy Drew..lets just give him the bully of the year award. I am sure that this must help the new chiefs case to have the opportunity to go up aginst Drew's pension.

Shep on Fox News updating.....Drew P is on the receiving end of a brutality case. He's being sued for breaking one of this guy's fingers....rolling tape of an interview with Brownlee (see media links thread for ACandyRose's transcript of Fox Chicago's interview with Brownlee)

JAB quoted as saying "People are coming out of the woodwork"

Shep on Fox News updating.....Drew P is on the receiving end of a brutality case. He's being sued for breaking one of this guy's fingers....rolling tape of an interview with Brownlee (see media links thread for ACandyRose's transcript of Fox Chicago's interview with Brownlee)

JAB quoted as saying "People are coming out of the woodwork"

This guy has a lot of enemies. Folks that would like him to go "bye, bye" for a long time.

The only true blue friend he seems to have at this time is Steve C. That makes me wonder how come Steve is still buddy-buddy. Could it be that "birds of a feather, flock together":rolleyes:

This guy has a lot of enemies. Folks that would like him to go "bye, bye" for a long time.

The only true blue friend he seems to have at this time is Steve C. That makes me wonder how come Steve is still buddy-buddy. Could it be that "birds of a feather, flock together":rolleyes:
There is definitely something in it for Steve C. and his wife. I heard speculation that Drew might turn over the children to them should he be arrested. Good reason for him to stick up for Drew no matter what, imo.

Well that didn't last long...."Big Better shut 'em up as quick as possible"....IMO:)

Police dismissed a man's accusations against former cop Drew Peterson Tuesday, who claimed that he was a victim of police brutality during an arrest earlier this year.
Timothy Brownlee claims that Peterson injured his hand and used racial slurs during an arrest. Brownlee said he is suing Peterson, two other police officers and the Bolingbrook, Ill. police department.
According to police, Brownlee was arrested in May 2007 after a neighbor complained that he was using vulgar language. Brownlee would not cooperate with the booking process after his arrest.
The Bolingbrook Police Department has not been notified of a lawsuit, the statement says.

Well that didn't last long...."Big Better shut 'em up as quick as possible"....IMO:)

Police dismissed a man's accusations against former cop Drew Peterson Tuesday, who claimed that he was a victim of police brutality during an arrest earlier this year.
Timothy Brownlee claims that Peterson injured his hand and used racial slurs during an arrest. Brownlee said he is suing Peterson, two other police officers and the Bolingbrook, Ill. police department.
According to police, Brownlee was arrested in May 2007 after a neighbor complained that he was using vulgar language. Brownlee would not cooperate with the booking process after his arrest.
The Bolingbrook Police Department has not been notified of a lawsuit, the statement says.

Using "vulgar" language is now an arrestable offense???

I guess I should start saving my pennies for bail money!

Wondering who put Mr Brownlie up to this..could it be Drew and company with a little pay off.. the case against Brownlie was thrown out of court by the judge. Could Drew's attorney's be starting this to show that there is so much prejudice against Drew that people are coming out of the wood work..because they really are afraid of what or who will speak up next? To try to show that no one can be relied on to tell the truth where Drew is concerned?

A Bolingbrook barber is suing former police Sgt. Drew Peterson, claiming Peterson broke the barber's thumb at the Bolingbrook police station in May.
Timothy Brownlee's attorney, Jon Loevy, said Tuesday: "Mr. Brownlee has a broken thumb and he has a cast and medical records to prove it. He's a barber working full time, minding his own business -- not someone with any felony convictions." (more at link)

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/703339,CST-NWS-boling19.stng

A Bolingbrook barber is suing former police Sgt. Drew Peterson, claiming Peterson broke the barber's thumb at the Bolingbrook police station in May.
Timothy Brownlee's attorney, Jon Loevy, said Tuesday: "Mr. Brownlee has a broken thumb and he has a cast and medical records to prove it. He's a barber working full time, minding his own business -- not someone with any felony convictions." (more at link)

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/703339,CST-NWS-boling19.stng

At first I thought it was just someone who wanted to make a few bucks on the situation. But as I read more about the events, I am beginning to wonder. I am not seeing anywhere, including in LE's explanations that there was any probably cause for arrest. Using vulgar language? If that was a crime, there would be a bunch of people arrested- including comedians and actors. Disorderly conduct, maybe....I'm not sure what the criteria is for that. But usually it involves drunkeness. The fact that he was in handcuffs at the time the broken thumb occurred is also suspicous...if he was resisting and struggling think how hard it would be to grab his thumb. If LE wants to deny this happened, I would think they would give the tape they allegedly have to media to help clear their names.

As far as Brownlee not cooperating with the internal investigation, since there were multiple officers involved and since the alleged incident occurred right in the middle of the police station....I am not sure I would be comfortable with cooperating with the "internal investigation" that uses officers from the same dept. I'm not saying they wouldn't do their jobs, I just don't think I would be comfortable talking about it with them.

Why are they providing Drew with a defense attorney..he certainly isn't indigent..so he gets free defense because he was a city employee at that time? I still think that something isn't kosher with this whole thing..this seems like a set-up by Drew and company to show that he is become a spotlight for fraudulent cases.

Why are they providing Drew with a defense attorney..he certainly isn't indigent..
so he gets free defense because he was a city employee at that time?
My guess is yes, because the Department is refuting the allegation saying DP was not on duty that day. A complaint against an officer would be a complaint against the Department.

Why are they providing Drew with a defense attorney..he certainly isn't indigent..so he gets free defense because he was a city employee at that time? I still think that something isn't kosher with this whole thing..this seems like a set-up by Drew and company to show that he is become a spotlight for fraudulent cases.

Because it is in the city's best interest to provide him with an attorney- esp. if he wasn't involved. I haven't seen how it was filed, but in most suits the person suing will sue the dept. and sometimes the governing office- the city + the officers. Payoff is mainly expected from the dept. and the city.

If the city only defended the other officers and not DrewP, and if DrewP would lose- the city and dept. could still be held liable.

Yes, I am sure the legal department has a bad taste in their mouths to have to defend him for any reason, but they are there to protect the department against this lawsuit. It sounds frivilous, but who knows? Does it matter if DP wasn't on scheduled duty? He could very well have been there and helped out with a disorderly person. Altho, they say they have a video tape of the ordeal and can prove DP was not involved. I hope they are wrong. LOL

You know I just don't know what to make of this..would someone with nothing to back this up go up against Drew and the Dept on a day Drew was off? My gut says no..someone paid this man money to throw this thing into the whole pot of Drew's misbehavior to try to set a standard that the public cannot be trusted in what they observe or say...who would that be... Drew has the most to gain from this false allegation, more then the accuser and the dept.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back