WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 miles was pertaining to rural areas with minimal service towers

I believe that since the beginning of 2006 U.S. cell phone companies have been required to have the ability to pinpoint 911 calls from a cell phone to within 100 meters.

The 15 miles days are a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

yes and no... Us companies are required to locate "911" calls within 100 meters. GPS technology is not used on every call. The 15 mile sggestion would still be possible in rurar areas where only analog signals can be captured. But even in that situation power level and face will give a much more approximate location.

On Thursday, something caught my attention at the CB property. It again caught my attention on Friday.

So, I parked in the driveway and walked very quickly down to the trail head. In the lawn near the trail head was more yellow spray paint. There were 3 large letters, but I couldn’t ascertain what they were (maybe “S-L-M” ? ).

The trail itself was much wider. When I peered down the trail, I saw that a 15’ by 10’ section in the middle of the brushy-area had been cleared (either by LE or the perps?). I also observed several red evidence markers in the clearing. It was obvious that something very significant happened there.

The clearing changed my theory that the CB property was merely a place to dump MC’s body. I now agree with those sleuthers who opined that the CB property is the most important known location. I strongly SUSPECT that the perps were familiar and/or comfortable with the CB property.

Also Del, were the possible S~L~M at the same point, or in different places, like "someone loves Mackenze" or like "strangled" in one spot, "laceration" in one spot, "mutilated" in one spot

15 miles was pertaining to rural areas with minimal service towers

I believe that since the beginning of 2006 U.S. cell phone companies have been required to have the ability to pinpoint 911 calls from a cell phone to within 100 meters.

The 15 miles days are a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I was talking about cell phone tower pings, not E911 calls. As far as I know, there was never a 911 call placed from MC's phone. It doesn't matter, not really on topic anyway.

On Thursday, something caught my attention at the CB property. It again caught my attention on Friday.

So, I parked in the driveway and walked very quickly down to the trail head. In the lawn near the trail head was more yellow spray paint. There were 3 large letters, but I couldn’t ascertain what they were (maybe “S-L-M” ? ).

The trail itself was much wider. When I peered down the trail, I saw that a 15’ by 10’ section in the middle of the brushy-area had been cleared (either by LE or the perps?). I also observed several red evidence markers in the clearing. It was obvious that something very significant happened there.

The clearing changed my theory that the CB property was merely a place to dump MC’s body. I now agree with those sleuthers who opined that the CB property is the most important known location. I strongly SUSPECT that the perps were familiar and/or comfortable with the CB property.

What caught your attention on Thurs and Fri? Just the clearing?

If this is newly cleared, I highly doubt if the perp would do so. I don't think he's been within 25 miles of that property since she was found. It would be too stupid/risky. JMO.

That leaves either LE or perhaps a yard care service, but the latter I doubt also. Were the flags there new?

Interesting that if it was indeed LE doing the clearing that they have gone back to do it after this length of time. I wonder if new evidence/info has led them to return to that specific area and clear all the branches and brush in a search for any evidence?

I've always thought the crime occurred at CB from start to finish. I've explored other possibilities, but keep going back to that being the most simple and likely scenario.

Welcome back, BTW :)

Also Del, were the possible S~L~M at the same point, or in different places, like "someone loves Mackenze" or like "strangled" in one spot, "laceration" in one spot, "mulilated" in one spot

Excellent question and possible interpretation.

Every article that I have read, gives me the impression that they have some type of DNA evidence. It they do there are only three reasons why they have not pinned this on someone. First, it is from someone that has not been tested? Second, they are still waiting for some of it to come back? Last, the person they tested has an excuse for having the DNA present. (In the car, on the body) If we take all of the facts and combine them with all of the plausible rumors, we are left with the DNA excuse.

While I have other theories, POI could be someone who has an excuse for the presence of their DNA. Maybe someone lied about an alibi of the POI? This may take a great deal of time to sort out the murder.

Del........in all of your trips out to CB, have you noticed anybody at all that seems to be watching that property??? I should think LE would have an eye on that place 24/7! Hard to believe the went out there and did all that without one of us right there with a camera!
Maybe we need to establish a hotline with the neighbor? Seriously!

I was on pretty late last night and I think it was a bunch of sniping about whether certain photos matched or not and whether people should or should not lay the issue to rest. It got pretty rude.

Ahhh, you jarred my memory.... that definitely could have been it. There was some "rude" comments re: the pics. There was also some "Minor" sleuthing. Guess we had better behave... anyway, I will try to stay on topic from now on....

so we have some rumors of MC being at Target and seeing BF that could possibly explain some of the unaccounted for time.... also, there was a mention from Del Rio about the new stuff at CB house... if we go on perhaps that the crime scene, why would she go way out there? She had known access to other "spec houses" if she just wanted privacy of a sort.... if she was killed out there, then I think she was somehow kidnapped. Not in the sense of being drug out of her car, but perhaps someone (maybe JF) talking her into getting into his car, and then maybe somehow tying her up or something to keep her from getting out? Would there have been enough time for her to make it to boat launch, be kidnapped, taken to CB, POI driving back, ditching car and make get away? Or would MC have to have been kept captive in some way? If she was help captive we can't claim a "fit of passion" as well as if she was taken all the way to CB house. I just don't think that if she had plans for dinner and met up with someone she would agree to go all the way to CB for privacy or whatever... I would think she would pick a closer location.

It has been speculated she lived a "double life"... if that is true, then in order to keep living a double life you have to keep your activities hidden.... missing dinner/curfew would make people ask questions and therefore I don't think she would have purposely done something that would have led to her doing that... ie: driving out to CB and not making it back by 7.

Sorry if I am rambling....I am just trying to incorporate the CB house as murder scene.

Del........in all of your trips out to CB, have you noticed anybody at all that seems to be watching that property??? I should think LE would have an eye on that place 24/7! Hard to believe the went out there and did all that without one of us right there with a camera!

While I believe that CB is a key to solving the idiotic act that took MC life, I may be wrong. Maybe LE does not think that CB is that important or they have everything useful from the site. Also it would be stupid for the murder to go back to this site.

Welcome back Del Rio!! You have been missed... Interesting observation. Would you assume that was LE? Do you think the perps would chance being there? Any thought to the white buoy or did you notice it?

In my opinion, it could have equally been LE or the perps. It's impossible to say.

I didn't look in the direction of the white buoy. So, whether it is still there or not, I don't know.

you mean as to someone who knew the property?? What are your feelings on the letters spray painted on the ground?

They were big letters (3' or 4'). I SUSPECT they marked the location where some sort of evidence was found or seen.

Also Del, were the possible S~L~M at the same point, or in different places, like "someone loves Mackenze" or like "strangled" in one spot, "laceration" in one spot, "mulilated" in one spot

Very together, like "SLM". Again, I'm very uncertain if any of those were the letters. For some reason, it was really difficult to interpret the letters (maybe because I looked at them from only one position instead of trying different positions). I didn't want to spend much time there.

What caught your attention on Thurs and Fri? Just the clearing?

If this is newly cleared, I highly doubt if the perp would do so. I don't think he's been within 25 miles of that property since she was found. It would be too stupid/risky. JMO.

That leaves either LE or perhaps a yard care service, but the latter I doubt also. Were the flags there new?

Interesting that if it was indeed LE doing the clearing that they have gone back to do it after this length of time. I wonder if new evidence/info has led them to return to that specific area and clear all the branches and brush in a search for any evidence?

I've always thought the crime occurred at CB from start to finish. I've explored other possibilities, but keep going back to that being the most simple and likely scenario.

Welcome back, BTW :)

The clearing didn't catch my attention. That cannot be seen from the roadway or driveway. It was something else.

The clearing was not done after LE was there because the red flags were still there.

I don't believe LE went back and did the clearing. Last Friday was the first time since November that I would have been in a position to notice the clearing.

I still don't believe MC was murdered at CB.

I SUSPECT that either the perps made the clearing in order to do something bad to MC's body, or LE made the clearing in order to find evidence because the perps did something significant at that spot. I thought it was telling that the clearing was in the very middle of the brushy-area, i.e., where there is the most privacy and concealment.

They may not be watching the property if they have the POI on constant supervision. If they KNOW who did it, and are watching him, they have no NEED to watch the property :) Leads me to believe they know who did this.

I did not notice anybody watching the property. In fact, I SPECULATE that there isn't anyone watching that property.

Ahhh, you jarred my memory.... that definitely could have been it. There was some "rude" comments re: the pics. There was also some "Minor" sleuthing. Guess we had better behave... anyway, I will try to stay on topic from now on....

so we have some rumors of MC being at Target and seeing BF that could possibly explain some of the unaccounted for time.... also, there was a mention from Del Rio about the new stuff at CB house... if we go on perhaps that the crime scene, why would she go way out there? She had known access to other "spec houses" if she just wanted privacy of a sort.... if she was killed out there, then I think she was somehow kidnapped. Not in the sense of being drug out of her car, but perhaps someone (maybe JF) talking her into getting into his car, and then maybe somehow tying her up or something to keep her from getting out? Would there have been enough time for her to make it to boat launch, be kidnapped, taken to CB, POI driving back, ditching car and make get away? Or would MC have to have been kept captive in some way? If she was help captive we can't claim a "fit of passion" as well as if she was taken all the way to CB house. I just don't think that if she had plans for dinner and met up with someone she would agree to go all the way to CB for privacy or whatever... I would think she would pick a closer location.

It has been speculated she lived a "double life"... if that is true, then in order to keep living a double life you have to keep your activities hidden.... missing dinner/curfew would make people ask questions and therefore I don't think she would have purposely done something that would have led to her doing that... ie: driving out to CB and not making it back by 7.

Sorry if I am rambling....I am just trying to incorporate the CB house as murder scene.

I somewhat agree. The vacant spec house in Sunnyslope makes more sense as far as meeting someone and wanting privacy. Someone from out of the area would not know about the CB property unless they had been there before. Also, the bag over the head really lends credence to someone that was close to her. Either that or it was just to contain blood, but if it wasn't premeditated, it would be somewhat of a coincidence to have something like that handy. Especially in a vacant house, unless it was a construction type bag and there was still construction type materials still at the site. Usually, if a spec house is on the market that kindof stuff has been cleaned up.
However; a person in that line of work just might have something like that in their vehicle (van or more likely, truck) speculation

I wonder if the company that owns the CB property is preparing it for some type of construction. That could explain the clearing of brush that seems to be taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77