LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya:Prepare to move to a new thread. I'll be back shortly with the link.

Perhaps, he decided to dump the evidence in two trips. Do the bike first as a test run. It might be tricky explaining why you have a bike in your boat, but a whole lot easier that a dead body. If it goes according to plan, dump the body on a second trip. It would take nerve, I agree, keeping a body in your car or house.

I am still thinking that he very possibly got off and dumped the body at the Butte La Rose exit, got back on, and dumped the bike at the Whiskey Bay exit and then either came back towards Lafayette or continued on towards Baton Rouge. Those exits are only 6 miles apart and the two part drop could happen very quickly.

I wish we could issue a poll...

who thinks Mickey was hit on her bike by intention (an abduction)?
who thinks Mickey was hit on her bike by accident (panicked driver took her)?
who thinks "Other?"

I'm still thinking it was a hit by accident and cover up, but that's my optimism showing again. I've seen panicked drunks (both totally drunk as well as mildly intoxicated) do some strange things when they get into tricky situations...

Originally Posted by mahmoo
That's why I suggested the possibility the perp may have a camp/house out there ... boat would be readily available.

That's about the only way it could happen because he wouldn't have left her, not knowing that she wouldn't wake up and tell, and we know that he didn't just leave her on the roadway. And honestly, why wouldn't he if this was just a hit and run? Why not just leave her where she fell?
Probably VERY wishful thinking but I'm wondering how far-fetched the possibility is that she could still be alive and being held at one of those camps?? Hmmmm.

I wish we could issue a poll...

who thinks Mickey was hit on her bike by intention (an abduction)?
who thinks Mickey was hit on her bike by accident (panicked driver took her)?
who thinks "Other?"

I'm pretty much 40/40 for A and B, with a 20% chance left over for C. I don't feel strongly for or against any option, because the little evidence we've seen could lead in pretty much any direction.

Many cases I've seen never even had a devoted tip line- callers with information were instructed to call 911, Crime Stoppers, or the local authorities accordingly.

On a lighter note, if the "tips" on the Find Mickey Shunick Facebook page bear any similarity to what people were phoning in to the police, I'm not surprised the authorities were looking to cut back the hours. 99.5% of the "information" seems to be silliness about psychics, people wanting to discuss the plots of CSI re-runs, and hot tips like, "I saw a Mexican at the grocery store on Tuesday."

As a few of you have pointed out, anyone with valid tips would do best to phone 911.

I stopped reading that page. In addition to the above, there seems to be a continuously accelerating slap-fest between perfect strangers not connected in any way. It's bizarre, like screaming at a random stranger in traffic "I HATE YOUR SHIRT, B*!¢╫!"

I don't get it.

That is a good point about cutting up the bike before disposing of it. If he has a boat, he has some good tools. Unless panic and poor thinking overwhelmed reason.

Nonetheless, good point.

I wonder how difficult it would be to cut up a Schwinn? This is a sturdy bike with a heavy frame. Could be a hard job.

If he has an outisde workshop, would he dare to use it? If there are neighbors nearby?

Power tools might be out, too. Too much noise.

So how difficult would it be to cut up a bike like this with an ordinary hacksaw insde you living room?

Well, what would we include in "other"?

-Illness
-Injury
-Amnesia
-Voluntary disappearance
-Attacked by a silent animal
-Alien abduction
-The Rapture
-Zombie Apocalypse
-Returned to friend's house
Voluntary disappearance plus variations on your last item. Neither of which I think is the answer.

Well, what would we include in "other"?

-Illness
-Injury
-Amnesia
-Voluntary disappearance
-Attacked by a silent animal
-Alien abduction
-The Rapture
-Zombie Apocalypse
-Returned to friend's house

I think we could safely rule out The Rapture....I would also be missing if that had occurred.

OT (since the thread is closing): I can't believe I haven't been fired today.

Here we go, No. 17. Please continue the discussion there. This thread will close now.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7995393#post7995393"]LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17[/ame]

Mickey was taken on an early Saturday morning, a time when many camp sites become busy with weekenders. Unless someone had a fairly secluded camp, I would think that scenario (taken to a camp along the river) might not be as likely as others.
Those camps can be quite a distance from each other. Also, it doesn't take that long to get from Lafayette to the Butte La Rose/Whiskey Bay area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23