TN TN - Nashville, Harpeth River, "Sherry", NativeFem 14-17, UP8494, Mar'76

The Rapid City cold case detective contacted me back to say he found some info on the girl in question. Her name wasn't Sherry or Shannon. Her name is Donna Marie Larrabee.

She was reported missing in May 1976, and by LE located her shortly after that in Wyoming with two female friends. If in fact she was seen by LE in May, then she would not be our Jane Doe (who was found in March 1976). However, it appears that she was not seen after the brief LE contact in Wyoming. I am still interested in finding out more about her, if not for this Jane Doe, possibly for some other Jane Doe found between Rapid City South Dakota and California.

I see that the Rapid City PD did create a NamUs casefile for Donna Larrabee:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/40010/0

Do we know where in Wyoming Donna may have been spotted? I ask because in 1974, Carlene Brown and her friend, who was later found murdered, went missing in Rawlins. A few others did, too, right about that time, and I wonder if their disappearances could be related. Just a thought.

Do we know where in Wyoming Donna may have been spotted? I ask because in 1974, Carlene Brown and her friend, who was later found murdered, went missing in Rawlins. A few others did, too, right about that time, and I wonder if their disappearances could be related. Just a thought.

Good thought. I'd been thinking if Donna was trying to get to San Francisco/Northern California she'd try and hitch rides along I-80, and if she was trying to get to Southern California she'd probably find rides along I-80 to Salt Lake City, then take I-15 through Las Vegas.

UP#8494

IMG_0734.JPG

Unidentified female found in River

DEMOGRAPHICS
Race: Hispanic or Native American
Sex: Female
Height: 62 inches (5"2)
Weight: 120
Body conditions: Recognizable
Postmortem interval: 1976 Hrs Prior

CIRCUMSTANCES
Victim found in Harpeth River by fisherman. Prior to her death the victim was hitchhiking with another Caucasian female. The girls stated that they were heading to Haines City, FL to visit the companion’s family. The female companion was described to be around the same age with sandy blonde hair and wore wire rim glasses, but was never located or interviewed regarding this decedent.Both girls claim to have "escaped" an institution in Minnesota.

PHYSICAL
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Brown

CLOTHING
Clothing: Blue Jeans, Bra. Blue blouse discovered in river next day - uncertain if it belongs to victim
Jewelry: Choker-type necklace with beads and a White Dove

I've came up with a few possible matches below:

Donna Larabee
Loralee Sue Lhotka
Debra Deanne Richardson

I've also came up with a few "matches" to our UID female travel companion

Linda Nickell MP2502
Teresa Lynn Fittin 353DFFL
Lori Jean Lloyd 2116DFOH
Rose Lena Cole. 2368DFCA
Sherry Elizabeth Roach

I do strongly believe our UID female companion is Sherry Roach missing from a "halfway house" which can be described as an institution. It's also too coincidental she goes by the name "Sherry" the name our Jane Doe referred to herself as.

Update:

After doing a little "snooping" I have a strong belief that our UID female companion is either Sherry Roach or Lori Lloyd. The surname of Roach and Lloyd was the most prevelant out of all when searching on Facebook and on WhitePages. If someone ca take the liberty of contacting the potential family members it would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully this is a step closer in solving this case!

Update:

After doing a little "snooping" I have a strong belief that our UID female companion is either Sherry Roach or Lori Lloyd. The surname of Roach and Lloyd was the most prevelant out of all when searching on Facebook and on WhitePages. If someone ca take the liberty of contacting the potential family members it would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully this is a step closer in solving this case!

Re: Sherry Roach: If you feel strongly about the match, both she and the set of remains have dental records available and she can easily ruled in/out of you send an email to either of their NamUs case workers.

I think searching out and contacting the family is against TOS. That's not something I would feel comfortable doing, that is why I only contact NamUs, Doe or the investigators.

Re: Lori Jean Lloyd - her family and investigators are fairly certain through dental comparison that she is a match with an UID found in KY (the UID has been removed from NamUs), but haven’t been able to prove this with DNA as the body is buried in a Potter’s field and they haven’t pinpointed the exact location to dig.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/118011813188/permalink/10154804676368189/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we sure she's dead? She may still be alive. If the companion in the car with our Jane Doe is her we can also determine where they've both came from by searching her name up on local institutions in the St Paul area where they claim to be from

It's possible our Jane Doe hasn't been reported missing either. I'm not on here much but I've followed the case of a Jane Doe called "Andrea" that was killed walking across a highway in California. Long story short, her family didn't report her missing since she recently called them prior to her death, they've held on to the possibilities of her starting a new life considering she suffered from depression.

Loralee Sue Lhotka also fits the description of our Jane Doe. 5'3 120 LBS brown hair and shoulder length black hair. She's also Native. She's from Seattle which is located in the NW, both women are believed to originate from the N as well

Yikes, do you know how many spellings there are for Sherry? I don't think I've ever seen one name have so many variations.

National Missing Children's Day: Find Missing Nashville Kids

National Missing Children's Day: Find Missing Nashville Kids

On March 24, 1976 the female victim was found in the Harpeth River, dead for less than 24 hours. She is a Caucasian, Hispanic or Native American female between the ages of 14 to 17 years old, found wearing a choker style necklace with beads and a white dove on it. She had a mole on her left temple and old scars on both arms which may have come from cigarette burns. Prior to her death the victim was hitchhiking with another Caucasian female. The girls stated that they were heading to Haines City, Fla. The female companion was described to be around the same age with sandy blonde hair and wore wire rim glasses, but was never located or interviewed. The girls mentioned that they had just ran away from an institution up north that would have treated substance abuse and mental health problems.

Does anyone know if there are any patient records from any mental hospitals in the St Paul area around the time before she was found? Cause if the story isn't fabricated and they still have some sort of records, they could potentially find something about either Cheryl and/or the other woman.
I know that this is probably a long shot considering how long it has been, but it may be worth a shot.

sc-sherry-jones-24-greer-1-sept-1972.195964

Would look at this person as a possible match, from what i've read by the supposed daughter on her Websleuths page, there aren't any known photos of her, however, she was born to hispanic parents and frequently went to Tennessee. Hieght and Weight are consistent, however, the age is off. Wouldn't put too much stock into that as age is approximate and also depends on when the age was determined. Many cases update the age range with new technology so I wouldn't be "shocked" if it is indeed off; Our '76 UID description says "very large breast for her age". Kind of tells me they're not too sure she's actually that young.

Came up with a few more possibilities!

Ana Daisy Guevara Valdez
Janice Hannigan
Eva Norma Valles

I was looking into another UID and came across an article about this Jane Doe...I checked NAMUS and came up with Janice Hannigan to...The post-mortem picture of the victim would make it easy for her family/friends to ID her...

I think Janice is a possibility...The only problem is she was last seen in 1971...Perhaps she started making her way east over the next few years... Janice's NAMUS profile doesn't list a mole on her face...LE can find out...

Here's her NAMUS profile...

Little Charley's story seems far-fetched but he said they were headed to Haines City, FL...I've never heard of it...I probably drove right by it when I traveled from Orlando to Clear Water Beach when I was on vacation...One of women has to be from the area or Little Charlie has a connection to it...

I found a possible location for the institution the victim and her friend may have been patients at...There's info on how to obtain old records...

Anoka State Hospital

This excerpt provides info on the history of Anoka...

From 1948 to 1967, the hospital served as the tuberculosis treatment center for the mentally ill. During the early 1970s, the hospital administered programs for emotionally disturbed children and adolescents.

Here's another article about MN closing some mental institutions...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back