Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: unknown

Identifiers

Fingerprints: Fingerprint information available and entered
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA: Sample submitted - tests not complete

Case History:
The decedent died at a local board and care facility under hospice care. The case was reported to the coroner's office after no family was located.

Derek Adam Seehausen? Missing in California in 2014. I am submitting it. Derek not not look well in this photo compared to his other ones. He may have not none he was sick and something happened that night that confused him etc associated with an illness.?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26434/89/

attachment.php

Attachments

• Derrek hall.jpg
    Derrek hall.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 259
Derek Adam Seehausen? Missing in California in 2014. I am submitting it. Derek not not look well in this photo compared to his other ones. He may have not none he was sick and something happened that night that confused him etc associated with an illness.?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26434/89/

attachment.php
Wow, Derek looks a lot like the unidentified man!

Let's hope for closure for the family, although they would never want this ending. Some people are sick and don't know it until something drastic happens. JMO he could have had a stroke associated with the cancer when he didn't come and wandered the streets for months until he was picked up and determined to require hospice. Sorry for the typos in my previous post, as many web sleuthers, I am up late and get droopy.

This makes no sense. Why do they state "probable year of death: 2015"? If he was in a Board and Care facility, shouldn't they know the exact date of death? (On another section, an exact date in October 2015 is listed). And where did the Board and Care get him from? (Usually from a hospital). What medical condition did he have? Did he speak prior to his death? Argh, this is way too vague.

This makes no sense. Why do they state "probable year of death: 2015"? If he was in a Board and Care facility, shouldn't they know the exact date of death? (On another section, an exact date in October 2015 is listed). And where did the Board and Care get him from? (Usually from a hospital). What medical condition did he have? Did he speak prior to his death? Argh, this is way too vague.

Maybe since many UIDs are found some time after their deaths, some systems are set up to allow approximate dates of death. Only in a few cases can the time of death be fixed to a particular day, eg the homeless who die in a housefire, in a witnessed attack or are shot by a cop or other person.

Agreed that it would be helpful to know what he died of. Hospices are traditionally associated with cancer but also accept patients who are dying of other conditions such as end stage liver or heart disease.

Maybe since many UIDs are found some time after their deaths, some systems are set up to allow approximate dates of death. Only in a few cases can the time of death be fixed to a particular day, eg the homeless who die in a housefire, in a witnessed attack or are shot by a cop or other person.

Agreed that it would be helpful to know what he died of. Hospices are traditionally associated with cancer but also accept patients who are dying of other conditions such as end stage liver or heart disease.

I agree, in addition what were the circumstances of him being brought in to hospice,Was he homeless on the street? If so where was he picked up? Was he a person alone some where in public? became unconscious brought to the hospital, never regained consciousness and put into hospice, did he walk in to hospice and didn't know his name?

did he walk in to hospice and didn't know his name?

It may be different in the US but here in the UK you don't just walk into a hospice. I've not had a member of my family or a friend go into a hospice so don't have first hand experience, but my understanding is that admittance is arranged by a hospital and/or you or your family at the point when you probably have no more than a few weeks left. It's strictly palliative care from then on to keep the patient comfortable until he or she dies.

I was thinking that given this chap's age, I wonder if his going into a hospice was related to end-stage AIDS.

It may be different in the US but here in the UK you don't just walk into a hospice. I've not had a member of my family or a friend go into a hospice so don't have first hand experience, but my understanding is that admittance is arranged by a hospital and/or you or your family at the point when you probably have no more than a few weeks left. It's strictly palliative care from then on to keep the patient comfortable until he or she dies.

I was thinking that given this chap's age, I wonder if his going into a hospice was related to end-stage AIDS.
Pretty much the same here. I don't have first experience either. That is why I question how did someone end up in hospice without a name, he is UNIDENTIFIED as opposed to unclaimed (a person with a name and no relatives claiming the individual).

That is why I question how did someone end up in hospice without a name, he is UNIDENTIFIED as opposed to unclaimed (a person with a name and no relatives claiming the individual).

Two possible ways come to mind:

1. He had ID on him but it was found to be false.

2. He was found unresponsive and brought into A&E without ID but then found to be terminally ill and transferred to hospice care without being able to communicate with staff.

This is so confusing! How did he get admitted to the board & care without anyone knowing who he was? Why is there only a sketch?

I had to find a board & care in Orange County for my mother around this same time and it was not easy, and it's very expensive so I'm struggling to understand the details of this case. (And, the B&C needed my mother's insurance information so they could order her medications...)

The place he died was Cheri Manor Board and Care. Idk if this is a mistake bc the care home in question is a senior's home that costs $4900 a month. Also only houses 6 seniors at a time so why would they give space to a young man who presumably isn't paying?
The county or city might have been paying.

One empty bed out of six represents a 16% cash deficit when operating expenses likely remain near the same.

I am thinking that the care home in question was signed into a government funded placement program on a space available basis. In the end, they probably cant afford to have an empty bed for long.

As a side note, government programs funding placement in day cares and likely nursing homes may be lower than the going rate. But.... the government makes payments on time and sans drama. So, care oriented businesses can be open to some government placements.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27