NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'd have to know what his usual demeanor is to make comment on his calmness. We've been saying that about his interviews too. Maybe that's just him. They say opposites attract. I would think this would be a complete opposite to EB's usual demeanor.

I think it's more about what he's saying and the inconsistencies and things that don't make sense than how he's saying it.

MOO

It's one thing to be a laid back aussie, he's making a report as if his surfboard was stolen not his daughter. No matter how laid back you are his reaction is not trustworthy.

The fact that he calls his boss BEFORE he called 911 blows me away. It's like they wanted the boss to help shore up their story.

PART 1

AB: Um yeah my daughter is missing.

D: I'm sorry? Missing?

AB: Yes Ma'am

D: Ok what's your address?

AB: *gives address* The police were out here last night for a fire and a ransom note for my bosses daughter and *garbled* it appears they took my daughter instead of my bosses daughter

D: OK. How old is your daughter?

AB: She's ten. She's handicapped she has a prosthetic leg.

D: How long has she been missing?

AB: Um, we checked in there last night about 2:30 and she was there and all this happened about 5 o'clock so I don't know if they set a fire in the yard to distract us to go out and they snuck in the door or, I don't know.

D: OK. I'm not familiar with what happened last night. What happened last night?

AB: Last night my dog woke me up and I had a fire in the back yard and somebody had poured gas in my company vehicle that I drive for work. They left a ransom note on the company vehicle to my boss saying they had his daughter and his son was next. And his daughter is fine, his daughter came with him here last night when I called him. And it appears they may have taken my daughter instead of his daughter.

PART 2

D: OK. Do you know who this was (referring to kidnappers) that may have taken her?

AB: No Ma'am.

D: Do you have any idea why they were threatening to take his daughter?

AB: I don't know.

D: What's your name?

AB: My name is

D: And your phone number?

AB: #

D: No one has seen your daughter since 2:30 this morning?

AB: No, like I said we had all that drama last night and me and my wife went back to bed. And my daughter is I think coming into puberty so she's hitting that broody stage *insert nervous laughter* so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something and that's about it.

D: Did you say that she was handicapped?

AB: Yes Ma'am she has an above the knee amputation.

D: She has one leg that is partially amputated?

AB: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg which apparently they've taken with her.

D: OK. You don't have any idea, at all?

D: No like I said it was all addressed to him and it was all taken out on him and I guess they thought he (garbled).

D: Did you talk to your boss about it?

AB: I've just spoken to him and he told me to do, he's gonna be here shortly

D: Do you think that he knows?

AB: Um, we had an officer out here last night and he ran through who he thought it may have been, like an ex employee or something

D: confirm address & tell him to call if he finds anything out prior to officers arrival

:blowkiss: thanks savmom! I appreciate that so much.

I signed off for a few hours can someone throw me a link to the recording so I can read and listen too? TIA!

My stomach flipped over when I read how conversational he was about his daugther being missing. :puke: JMHO.

My comments on the 911 call-

LOTS of detail, and no mention of her name, her description.

No questions about what he should be doing.
No urgency.
No panic.

Not one time does he mention his darling daughter by her name. Not once!!

I'm thinking that fire could have been lit under AB's arse and he wouldn't have reacted any more strongly.

I think this 911 call confirmed one thing to me..... AB has some form of Asperger's or HFA .

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/tc/aspergers-syndrome-symptoms

* Not pick up on social cues and may lack inborn social skills, such as being able to read others' body language, start or maintain a conversation, and take turns talking.
* Dislike any changes in routines.
* Appear to lack empathy.
* Be unable to recognize subtle differences in speech tone, pitch, and accent that alter the meaning of others’ speech. Thus, (they) may not understand a joke or may take a sarcastic comment literally. Likewise, his or her speech may be flat and difficult to understand because it lacks tone, pitch, and accent.
* Have a formal style of speaking .....
* Avoid eye contact or stare at others......
* Have unusual facial expressions or postures.
* Be preoccupied with only one interest...... overly interested in parts of a whole or in unusual activities...... (virtual worlds !!!)
* ..... One-sided conversations are common. Internal thoughts are often verbalized.

I strongly disagree with this assumption. He sounds like an everyday normal Australian who comes from the country. But hey, don't take my word for it, what would I know.

And this:

ADAM BAKER: The police were out here last night. They found a ransom note for my bosses daughter… um… I got up a little while ago… and it appears they took my daughter instead of my bosses daughter.

Which was it...you got up a little while ago or you went and checked out a job and was working in the yard when EB came screaming out of the house?????????

Geez totally unbelievable. This guy acts so smooth. I'm just sick.

I wish the 911 operator asked him more details on this child. Like what is her name....what she was wearing ????

And this:

ADAM BAKER: The police were out here last night. They found a ransom note for my bosses daughter… um… I got up a little while ago… and it appears they took my daughter instead of my bosses daughter.

Which was it...you got up a little while ago or you went and checked out a job and was working in the yard when EB came screaming out of the house?????????

:doh:

And this:

That is the part of the tape I said could not be made out.
It is possible he said he I got home a little while ago?
Or maybe my ears are not cut out for transcribing... LOL

Welllll that 911 call was interesting to say the least..............

I know people act differently in emergency situations butttt...there was no urgency there at all, none, nada, zilch !

Strange way of wording it, that's for sure. Why wouldn't he just say what his boss told him? :waitasec:

Because he realised he shouldn't need his boss to tell him to make a missing persons report, and that if he said that it would look suspicious. This guy thinks he's good at thinking on his feet.

I completely understand LE suspicions about him - nothing he says is credible and it doesn't take long once you listen to him to realise that.

That is the part of the tape I said could not be made out.
It is possible he said he I got home a little while ago?
Or maybe my ears are not cut out for transcribing... LOL

hmmmm..........I heard it, as did others, so IDK. :waitasec:

ETA...I relistened again, that's what I hear. Anyone else?

I'm thinking that fire could have been lit under AB's arse and he wouldn't have reacted any more strongly.

I think this 911 call confirmed one thing to me..... AB has some form of Asperger's or HFA .

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/tc/aspergers-syndrome-symptoms

* Not pick up on social cues and may lack inborn social skills, such as being able to read others' body language, start or maintain a conversation, and take turns talking.
* Dislike any changes in routines.
* Appear to lack empathy.
* Be unable to recognize subtle differences in speech tone, pitch, and accent that alter the meaning of others’ speech. Thus, (they) may not understand a joke or may take a sarcastic comment literally. Likewise, his or her speech may be flat and difficult to understand because it lacks tone, pitch, and accent.
* Have a formal style of speaking .....
* Avoid eye contact or stare at others......
* Have unusual facial expressions or postures.
* Be preoccupied with only one interest...... overly interested in parts of a whole or in unusual activities...... (virtual worlds !!!)
* ..... One-sided conversations are common. Internal thoughts are often verbalized.

:waitasec: :)

What?

I'm not tracking bellyup. I'm in no way trying to be rude. Not at all.

I just need help in following the way to the logic behind the conclusion quoted above. TIA.

I do dog rescue so I get flipped out calls and emails from people who have lost their dogs that are both more emotional, more urgent... and when they are filled with nonessential information it is about how much they love the dog, why they can't live without it, or how special it is.

There is something WAY wrong with Adam Baker's call.

Sooo he knew about the ransom note prior to the 911 call yet didn't have the presence of mind AB or EB to check on Zahra? I had wondered earlier if he'd known about the ransom note before the missing 911 call, now I know. Hmmmmmmm

Did the fire department find the gas doused on the vehicle and did they also find the ransom note at this time? If so, you would think the Fire department would have asked about his daughter at that time? It's all too confusing.

That statement just seems so...left field. Is there even proof they were still using that website? People meet in virtual worlds, online all the time. Not all of them are bad people. Also, the goth comments:

NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 10 - Page 13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Not meaning to imply that. I myself design and terraform in Second Life. If you go back 2 closed threads we had this conversation late in the evening on Sunday I think it was. I will try to find my posts for you. We were discussing the Virtual Worlds and the possibility of ZB's neglect being the result of a combination of their addiction to them... as well as to drugs. I was speaking of my own personal knowledge and experiences of Virtual Worlds. I've seen it do crazy things to REAL people.

I personally love Second Life and have allot of fun there.. however there are "Dark" places" and "dark people" there as well. We were just discussing the possibility since they met there and she is so into "Dark" things and he is seemingly very submissive. It was a discussion in the name of theory and education about a virtual worlds. I hope I explained that clearly enough :)

Also.. no there is no proof of that yet but it will be interesting to see what forensics comes up with regarding their computers.. is all I"m sayin.

*still picking jaw up off floor from that call.* especially:

"zahra's dad to 911:my daughter's coming into puberty, so she's hitting that brooding stage. (laughs) we only c her when she wants something"

Speechless, just speechless!!

The fact that he calls his boss BEFORE he called 911 blows me away. It's like they wanted the boss to help shore up their story.

Yep! Get him there to give the mistaken identity theory some validity IMO!!
Anybody who would know such intimate details about the boss to ask for a million dollar ransom -would know the boss didn't live in that little house!!:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member