Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

:floorlaugh: Snitches get stitches.

'Least it was minor. Not ditches. ;)

whip.gif

I have changed mine too, i don't go to bed during the day but i go to bed MUCH earlier, as the planes are flying out, around 6pm my time then wake at 9 or 10 and stay up some then at midnight or 1 and stay up then at 3 and finally wake at 5.30 for the briefing.

Who else has changed their sleep schedules

:seeya: I've been staying up much later and still have to drag my arse to work...what's that sound? Are those tiny violins?

Air travel really is quite safe - it's something people are afraid of and so we respond well to problems and put in the time, money, and effort.

I'd been saying before that my main worry is always fire codes, and that's more my reason for not traveling other places. I'm sure many of you saw the headlines out of Boston. Cause not established yet, but it was an old brownstone split into apartments - unlikely to be in compliance with modern fire codes. I wish we'd divert some resources to that instead of worrying about being burdensome to landlords. In the right circumstances, that can be as deadly as an air crash (Station Night Club), but it's more preventable and controlled. Very sad.

Just for the record, I have never been a snitch. :lol:

It is almost 8am Perth time. Which seems to be the time that they set off each day.

I think I heard the Silver Fox say that a ship had reached the new search area, did anyone else hear that?

:seeya: I've been staying up much later and still have to drag my arse to work...what's that sound? Are those tiny violins?

Yes, they are. And they are very, very tiny. :floorlaugh:

29th March, 2014: 11.30am (AEDT)

Search operation for Malaysia Airlines aircraft: Update 26

*All times are expressed in Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time (AEDT). Please note all times
are approximate.

Friday’s search area for the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 was shifted north after
international air crash investigators in Malaysia updated their previous analysis of the likely aircraft
movements.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) assessed this update as credible, and advised
AMSA of the new basis for a revised search area.

AMSA then applied the effects of weather and currents to develop today’s search area.
Five aircraft spotted multiple objects of various colours during Friday’s search.

The objects cannot be verified or discounted as being from MH370 until they are relocated and
recovered by ships. It is not known how much flotsam, such as from fishing activities, is ordinarily
there. At least one distinctive fishing object has been identified.

Today’s weather is expected initially to be suitable for searching but conditions are expected to
deteriorate later in the day.

The Chinese Maritime Safety Administration ship Haixun 01 has been on scene for relocating
objects from first light.

Search activities today will involve a total of 8 aircraft.

They include three Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) P3 Orions, a Japanese Coast Guard jet, a
Japanese P3 Orion, a Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) P3 Orion, a Chinese People’s
Liberation Army Air Force Ilyushin IL-76, and one civil jet acting as a communications relay.

The first aircraft to depart was the Chinese Ilyushin IL-76, which departed at 9:05am.

The first RAAF P3 Orion departed at 9:50am, with two others scheduled to depart about 12pm and
2pm.

The civil jet is scheduled to depart about 1pm.

The Japan Coast Guard jet is scheduled to depart about 2pm.

The Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) P3 Orion is scheduled to depart about 3pm.
The Japanese P3 Orion is scheduled to depart about 4pm

Six ships are expected to reach the search area today, tasked with relocating the objects sighted,
but will arrive late in the day or after dark.

http://www.amsa.gov.au/media/documents/29032014_MediaRelease_Update26.pdf

I understand your sentiments, but our Govt is paying for much of this search effort, which means that us Aussies are all paying for it out of our taxes.

As far as I know, we do not have a contingency fund for air crash investigations. Especially for other countries aircraft lost in international waters. We are happy to do it due to our international obligations, but our planes and crew and tax dollars must be getting a bit exhausted by now.

Well said. Thank you.

8:16PM, FRI 28 MAR 2014 INTERPOL: MALAYSIA HAD NOT CHECKED PASSPORT DATA ALL YEAR
Interpol: Malaysia had not checked passport database all year
Last updated Fri 28 Mar 2014
World Malaysia Malaysia Airlines
Interpol says that Malaysia's immigration department had never checked passenger's passports against the Interpol database this year prior to the disappearance of flight MH370.

In a statement Interpol said: "The truth is that in 2014 prior to the tragic disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH 370, Malaysia’s Immigration Department did not conduct a single check of passengers’ passports against Interpol’s databases."

:what:
:sigh:
:facepalm:

I'm sure this has been answered, but if a passport is stolen and the person replaces it, which I assume usually happens, is the name still on the list? It's one thing if the passport is flagged as a danger, but if the authorities actually have go go figure out if it's the stolen one or real one, I can see why many countries don't have the resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater