Franc Cano & Steven Gordon, Suspected SK's - *GUILTY*

It is so interesting to me when killers show remorse and want to plead guilty. It's as if they have a Jekyll and Hyde situation going on.

EXCLUSIVE - 'I am beyond evil': Serial killer Steven Gordon who ASKED for the death penalty after he raped and murdered four women speaks for the first time about his 'screwed up' crimes

In a Daily Mail exclusive clip, serial killer Steven Gordon discusses his trial and sentencing to death for the first time in a Dateline interview that will air Friday

Gordon has been sentenced to death for the abduction and murder of four women in California over 2013 and 2014

Gordon had previously said that he deserved to die for what he did

He allegedly committed the murders with another convicted sex offender...

The women raped and murdered were Jarrae Nykkole Estepp, 21, of Elk City, Oklahoma; Kianna Jackson, 20, of Las Vegas, and Martha Anaya, 28, and Josephine Monique Vargas, 34, both of Santa Ana, California....

The special will air Friday at 10.00pm Eastern, 9.00pm Central on NBC's Dateline."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4403636/Killer-Steven-Gordon-says-justify-did.html

serial-victims.jpg

(Jarrae Nykkole Estepp, 21, of Oklahoma; Martha Anaya, 28, Santa Ana;
Kianna Jackson, 20, of Las Vegas; and Josephine Monique Vargas, 34, of Santa Ana. )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘You’re missing one’: Identity of Fifth Victim of Serial Killer Steven Gordon Revealed
"You're missing one."

That's how Detective Julissa Trapp of the Anaheim Police Department said she first learned that Steven Gordon might have one more victim. One she never knew existed.

Detective Trapp was investigating the death of 21-year-old Jarrae Estepp. Her body had been found at an Anaheim trash facility on March 14, 2014. After a month-long investigation, Gordon was arrested in connection with the murder. When Trapp interviewed Steven Gordon, she suspected he had killed three other women too: Kianna Jackson, Josephine "Monique" Vargas, and Martha Anaya. During the course of a 13-hour interview, Gordon confessed to murdering all four women, who had been working as prostitutes in Orange County, California.

He claimed he worked with a partner named Franc Cano. Cano has pleaded not guilty is awaiting trial.
Gordon told Detective Trapp something else in that police interview. There was one more victim -- a Jane Doe.

Bumping this thread to say simply that I cannot find anything on Franc Cano's trial or verdict. Someone with better search skills might help?

The latest news story has him waiting for trial in 2017.

There’s an unsourced comment that Cano has a pretrial hearing scheduled for 29 April 2022, but I haven’t been able to verify it on the Orange County Superior Court’s site.

(Of course, maybe it’s being held elsewhere, but Gordon was tried in OCSC, so assuming.)

There’s an unsourced comment that Cano has a pretrial hearing scheduled for 29 April 2022, but I haven’t been able to verify it on the Orange County Superior Court’s site.

(Of course, maybe it’s being held elsewhere, but Gordon was tried in OCSC, so assuming.)

Go to ocsheriff.gov and there is a link there to find out an inmate's next court date.

April 29, 2022 is correct for Cano. He is in custody without bail, but since this is California where justice takes forever to get accomplished, he might still be several years away from trial. I cannot access more detailed information about the hearings without a case number. The booking number is not enough.

Last edited:
Months into the investigation, Trapp decided to try a desperate “Hail Mary” and asked a fellow investigator to see whether the computer database that tracks the movements of sex offenders on parole through their GPS ankle monitors picked up anyone in the same area where Estepp had placed her final phone call.
1698146175810.jpeg
Amazingly, it did. Franc Cano, who was out on parole after pleading guilty for committing a lewd act on a minor, was in the same area as that final phone call and was also linked to the dumpster where investigators knew Estepp had been left.

It turned out he wasn’t alone. Cano was with his close friend, Steven Gordon, a man on parole with convictions for molesting a minor and kidnapping.
1698146140233.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back