TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any locals know if this has been searched for any evidence?

Attachments

• C-City Landfill.png
    C-City Landfill.png
    433.2 KB · Views: 44
Whats the ground like in that area? Meaning sandy, loose dirt or hard well packed ground?

If it is like Snyder soil (20 miles north of CCity) it is hard and has mesquite bushes anywhere that there is not lawns and houses.

I belive that they are also looking at that area as it is heavily wooded and along a river. The primary road from SA's parents residence (I-20) crosses over the Colorado River near there and Business 20 runs along that area into Colorado City. There is an I-20 Frontag Road that runs along the northern border of the shaded area and there appear to be pull off points along that road, at least 2 right by where I-20 crosses the river. It is heavily wooded there.

JMOO

There also appear to be trails, maybe ATV trails, and dirt roads throughout that wooded area on the south side of the river, off of I-20 J Business, that offer ample opportunity to access the river.

What about the state park? Is it the kind you have to pay to get into?

I belive that they are also looking at that area as it is heavily wooded and along a river. The primary road from SA's parents residence (I-20) crosses over the Colorado River near there and Business 20 runs along that area into Colorado City. There is an I-20 Frontag Road that runs along the northern border of the shaded area and there appear to be pull off points along that road, at least 2 right by where I-20 crosses the river. It is heavily wooded there.

JMOO

Thank you, yes that area lies directly between IH20 and Bus20 and there is some wooded areas. As far as pull of areas there are dirt areas to pull off near the river. But, if you are local to C-City this would probably be the last place to hide since it is constantly watched and patroled. I used to work on properties all around that area and that is how I know it so well. If I were to pick an area least likely for someone to hide or least likely for someone to hide something in Colorado City it would be in that area. If I were a part of the investigation I would have TDCJ search there and rule it out... then expand from there. I hope that made since.

This photo may offer a glimpse of what the foliage in the search area is like...
tdcj%20field%20searching%201-6-11.jpg

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/searchers-check-wooded-areas-town

Thank you, yes that area lies directly between IH20 and Bus20 and there is some wooded areas. As far as pull of areas there are dirt areas to pull off near the river. But, if you are local to C-City this would probably be the last place to hide since it is constantly watched and patroled. I used to work on properties all around that area and that is how I know it so well. If I were to pick an area least likely for someone to hide or least likely for someone to hide something in Colorado City it would be in that area. If I were a part of the investigation I would have TDCJ search there and rule it out... then expand from there. I hope that made since.

That makes sense, since it is so close to the prisons. However, I am wondering if they also patrol on the south side of the river, where the foliage is most dense.

Are the houses in Haileys neighborhood on septic and have wells? Is it an extremely old neighborhood that could have old abandoned wells, maybe left over from when it was ranch land?
that field between the parents homes, was there ever anything on it? is that a sand lot?
did the dogs stop just short of the friends house?
Are there dumpsters in the area at all? Was there a trash pick up on Tuesday morning? How far is the landfill? What time of day does the mail run in her neighborhood? Were there meter readers reading utility meters on Monday in that area? Did anyone receive anykind of deliveries in the neighborhood on Monday, fedx, ups, etc.? What time are newspapers delivered?

There also appear to be trails, maybe ATV trails, and dirt roads throughout that wooded area on the south side of the river, off of I-20 J Business, that offer ample opportunity to access the river.

There are trails and I know that the dirtbikers used to ride in that area. Just trying to say that area is heavily watched... even have the big skylight that circles? I don't know what it is called? Also, on the IH side of the area that is where the Hwy patrols usually park to catch speeders on the IH.

Can any locals tell us if there is water in that river right now?

My 20 year old daughter just stopped by. I told her what is going on. My daughter is a wild child and her dad whom I am divorced from and her older sister who I call Cop Daughter cause she is so straight have suffered major angst for her for 6 years. For me to see a sweet young 13 year old girl go missing is so horrifying to me. I can assure you that the Texas Rangers will find out the truth. And I thank Websleuths for being here.

Are the houses in Haileys neighborhood on septic and have wells? Is it an extremely old neighborhood that could have old abandoned wells, maybe left over from when it was ranch land?
that field between the parents homes, was there ever anything on it? is that a sand lot?
did the dogs stop just short of the friends house?

Good questions BB!

I am wondering if any locals would be willing to take some photos of of areas, like the field between Hailey's parents' houses and the road to MB's house, the hotel area and other significant locations.

This has been done for other cases and has proved quite helpful, especially for us outsiders, in understanding the area and how it appeared around the time a person went missing. I have been using Google Street view a lot, but it just doesn't provide a current view of the area, as it has been a while since it was updated. Anyway, that is just a thought...a request actually, if anyone is willing and able.

thanks everyoneneedsavoice...I overlooked that fact.

Your welcome...please don't let me discourage you at all, I'm only responding because I want to make sure your posts get answered, as I know when you have questions...you typically have a "plan in motion".:wink:

However, I am no expert at all...it's only from experience with other searches (albeit limited) and the cases I've followed....so please, please don't take my answers as "gospel"...I could be wrong...and I'm sure my WSers won't hesitate to correct me if I am. :wink:

Praying for Hailey and all of CCity...:hug::hug::hug:

OT, but I wish people understood the Amber Alert better and that it was meant to be for abductions when a vehicle can be described and posted for drivers to see. I see on the FB page to find Hailey that they have an article about how CC asked for AA three times and were refused...it is not really a fair presentation by the news outlet that did the story, at least the headling isn't. And of course people are up in arms. I do think a new system needs to be originated for children missing without the vehicle description though.

Now into the ninth day of searching, five different agencies and all sorts of tools are being used to help find 13 year old Hailey Dunn.
Texas Rangers have been at the missing Colorado City teen's home all day collecting evidence.
Rangers spent a considerable amount of time collecting evidence from a shed in the home's back yard.
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26382529/detail.html

video at this link

No one has mentioned a little store in the neighborhood that the kids frequent. Unless I missed it, that seems odd, all kids have a favorite place they go to buy a coke, ice cream, chips or whatever.

No one has mentioned a little store in the neighborhood that the kids frequent. Unless I missed it, that seems odd, all kids have a favorite place they go to buy a coke, ice cream, chips or whatever.

Or a hangout, abandoned house anywhere where older kids party and drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie